Which do you choose?

• Gran Turismo Series by Polyphony Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toca Race Driver Series by Codemasters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Coco

Well what do you guys think is the better racing simulator?

I've been looking at Toca Race Driver 3 on the net and it looks very impressive so far, I might buy it when it comes out. It has over 35 different types of motorsport and the game looks altogether awesome.

On the other hand, Gran Turismo is absolutely legendary. It is by far the most impressive and the best racing sim I have ever played. The level of detail in it is totally amazing and it has a massive range of cars and tracks. There was a brilliant saying that went with GT something like: 'Gran Turismo doesn't have the illicit, street racing style or the massive crash n' smash sequences, because it doesn't need it. It is a hardcore driving simulator' That isn't completely right, but it was something like that.

So which one is your favourite?

Coco

GT is by far the better driving game

Toca is good for its crashes, and only useful for the V8 series.

Tocas car physics are left to be desried in comparison to GT

I mean, in every edition of Toca, I have managed to get a v8 airborne on the top of mt panorama - which is a bit far fetched...actually its total bogus ********.

Still will get V8's...........I love the v8 series, and crash physics, and even the difficuly of V8's how they scale it from 0-110..............thats sick

And the 2 player battles for the king of the mountain, are always great fun to play.

Loaded up GT4 the other night..........Midfield circuit in the F1 car........GT4 will alwasy rule the car roost..........it will never come 2nd place....its cemented in pole position for the rest of its existence...............Polyphony (and Mr GT) will never settle for 2nd best.
<

Toca has superb handling, fantastic AI and a proven pedigree for bumper to bumper racing.

GT has pretty graphics. And that's about it.

toca has been crap since they tried to add everything in the one game. toca 2 was one of the best games i ever played on playstation. toca racedriver has tarnished the series. toca 3 is crap not many changes from 2 at all and is another stuff up from codemaster who have failed to listen to the fans. I guess the v8 factor could be good nothing quite like being able to race over the mountain. gt though will always be supreme as it gets better and not worse like toca has.

Toca???? I assume we are talking bout V8 Supercars....Aussie???

Loved that game......nicely done for "enjoyment".........the lady in single player story mode just kept me driving on........got to 80% then had to take it back to the video store....so I never got to see whether you sleep with her.

GT is also a beaut.....unfotunately the car "not" getting smashed up in GT is a major letdown.......

Therefore because of the lack of crash dynamic I have to give it to Toca by a tip of a nose

TOCA and V8 Supercar's are two different games... although from memory they are both published by Codemasters.

it gets complicated as toca was around before the v8s then they added v8s and some other crap and it became toca racedriver. pre racedriver toca owned and toca 2 was one of the best games ever on the ps 1. but since toca became toca racedriver the series has gone downhill and hasn't changed much. gt on the other hand is superb and you really feel like you are driving. toca/supercars does have the v8s and bathhurst but it more on the arcarde side of racing compared to gt. they have changed bathurst as well for v8 supercars 3 so it might be worth getting for that alone if you don't have any of the others

Gran Turismo 4 used to be the all time great Racing game IMO... until EA released Nascar 06.

Although Midnight Club III : Dub Edition is just as fun as GT 4.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 22 2005, 07:49 PM
Gran Turismo 4 used to be the all time great Racing game IMO... until EA released Nascar 06.

Although Midnight Club III : Dub Edition is just as fun as GT 4.
That game is beautiful!!!!!!

Midnight Club makes you feel like you are the mantis driver!!!!! You are dumbfouded at how the game makes you look soooo good!!!! even the people watching you think "Oh my Gosh!!!! His reflexes are like Anakin Skywalker!!!"

I think I better get that game out again...........honestly its true......Anakin Skywalker is what you look like....racing a high speed pod racer and doing unbelievables!!!!!!! Really good game to showoof to everyone......people walk in and think "Oh my Gosh!!!! I have met my match!!!" them walk out for a cup of tea.

Hell yeah. MC3 makes me feel so good about myself. More than any woman can....

-----------------

...Anyway, I love sliding between stopped cars, drafting opponents and never actually hitting them before blasting past them and scooting off down a narrow alleyway to come back onto the road in first place, pulling a handbrakey at the last second to cross the line in a slide (even though it does that for you automatically)

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 22 2005, 07:49 PM
surely that reaks of sarcasm, otherwise give yaself a warning

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 22 2005, 07:20 PM
TOCA and V8 Supercar's are two different games... although from memory they are both published by Codemasters.
TOCA is V8 supercars in Europe
TOCA Race Driver is what it is called in USA

Its all malgamated into one....ie u have v8's, nascar, uk super touring cars

But before the 1st v8's, there was an original TOCA, on ps1, and even perhaps a version on ps2, before they got the v8 liscense and called in v8 supercars in australia/nz

It is good, but the driving dynamics are **** in comparison to GT.
The crash physics are the benchmark of car games - perhaps with the exception of the destruction derbys......but i prefer the v8 crashes as they are more realistic, as dustruction derby are just cornflakes falling off the car

I'd like to see if Codemasters make a game for the FIA World Touring Cars in the same veign as TOCA 2.

I'd buy it.

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 23 2005, 10:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 23 2005, 10:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 22 2005, 07:49 PM
surely that reaks of sarcasm, otherwise give yaself a warning [/b]
its like comparing madden with fifa... there both sports games, one is better, but they still are in diffrent catorgories...

nascar 06 is a very fun game however.

Originally posted by sambad5+Dec 23 2005, 11:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Dec 23 2005, 11:26 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Dec 23 2005, 10:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 22 2005, 07:49 PM

surely that reaks of sarcasm, otherwise give yaself a warning
its like comparing madden with fifa... there both sports games, one is better, but they still are in diffrent catorgories...

nascar 06 is a very fun game however. [/b]
ok then sounds as though NASCAR has come along way

4yrs ago (Nascar 2002) was utter shizen........when compared to the 1st GT's

Maybe i gotto rent this one then

I just assumed NASCAR would have minmal upgrades coz of the unique yanky audience.........I guess like FIFA its moving forwards.
<

yeah it has come on heaps and 2003 was modded quite heavily with new tracks and v8 supercars. I think 06 has proper team racing now so that would be interesting.

Latest posts