• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where can I get it?

S

Stormers

I live in South Africa, does anyone know here I can pick up a copy of NRL 2?

I'll play just becuase it might be a good break from Rugby 2005

Last year I bought WCR as well as 2004 (Both sucked though)

Originally posted by Mario@Mar 30 2005, 12:32 AM
Rugby League 2 hasn't been released yet - should be available in September 2005. Check www.rugbyleague2.com every now and again for up to date information.
will we need to get on the pre-order bandwagon???

coz last time it was a mission to get a copy

wondering if ur mass producing more copies this time around

i dont mind pre-ordering, just hate business with EB.

Originally posted by ak47+Mar 30 2005, 09:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Mar 30 2005, 09:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Mar 30 2005, 12:32 AM
Rugby League 2 hasn't been released yet - should be available in September 2005.  Check www.rugbyleague2.com every now and again for up to date information.

i dont mind pre-ordering, just hate business with EB. [/b]
Go to Dick Smith... They were practically handing out Rugby 05 for Free

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 30 2005, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Mar 30 2005, 07:00 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Mar 30 2005, 09:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
Rugby League 2 hasn't been released yet - should be available in September 2005.  Check www.rugbyleague2.com every now and again for up to date information.

Go to Dick Smith... They were practically handing out Rugby 05 for Free [/b]
yes RIP

i got it from Dick aswell

but with NRL/SJRL - EB had like 70% of australias distribution, so i hope that isnt the case again

Preordering is pretty much the best way to secure a copy of Rugby League 2.

Originally posted by Mario+Mar 31 2005, 12:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Mar 31 2005, 12:41 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Mar 30 2005, 09:22 AM
Preordering is pretty much the best way to secure a copy of Rugby League 2. [/b]
It depends where you are... I've pre ordered games before and had the store suffer a weeks delay and then see 100 copies down at HN or some other massive outlet.

Originally posted by ak47+Mar 30 2005, 07:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Mar 30 2005, 07:45 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 30 2005, 07:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario

Go to Dick Smith... They were practically handing out Rugby 05 for Free
yes RIP

i got it from Dick aswell

but with NRL/SJRL - EB had like 70% of australias distribution, so i hope that isnt the case again [/b]
The thing is with Rugby 05 they gave my friend an extra copy for free by mistake - so he just sold it to me at a greatly discounted price.

So Mario, will UK distribution be much improved this time?

I'm well aware it wasn't SIDHE's fault, but it was an absolute farce first time around.

I would like to think that the UK will receive the game at the same time as our Aus/NZ counterparts. I can see no reason why not as the game seems to be more in hand this time around. They have given a release date some 6 months in advance.

This should be more than enough time to ensure stocks arrive in the UK to coincide with the Aus/NZ release date.

???

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 31 2005, 07:19 PM
I can see no reason why not as the game seems to be more in hand this time around. They have given a release date some 6 months in advance.
I agree, everything seems reassuringly at hand this time doesn't it?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 1 2005, 06:11 AM
So Mario, will UK distribution be much improved this time?

I'm well aware it wasn't SIDHE's fault, but it was an absolute farce first time around.
We have little say in UK distribution, and certainly no commercial influence.

I have expressed our disappointment over the UK release of the first game, and have been assured the relevant issues have been resolved and that this UK launch will be much improved.

I am unable to confirm the UK release date, but would assume that if it wasn't on the same day it would at least be "close".

well then for u english folk, i'd suggest ordering from the WEB at an NZ or AU site just in case

our games work for u and vice versa

I dont understand how you can make a product and then have the UK release out of your hands ?

Not being rude or anything, but you spend all this time making a great product and then it just gets handed onto someone else with no control over how they promote or distribute it ?

I realise we arnt the main market here ( UK ) but even so this seems a little weird.

I mean what if they **** it up again ?

Again I am not trying to be rude but just wondering how a situation like this can develop.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Apr 2 2005, 06:45 AM
I dont understand how you can make a product and then have the UK release out of your hands ?
Sidhe Interactive is only the developer of the product.

Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES) are the publisher of the product who are responsible for financing, securing licenses, marketing, manufacturing and distribution of the ***le.

HES is the company responsible for establishing relationships with distributors around the world and manufacturing enough units to satisfy demand.

We can express our opinion on how things should work, but ultimately no decisions on how RL2 is distributed are made by Sidhe.

Latest posts