• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where's the hype?

a team (SH) has never won the Tri-nations (The Rugby Championship) and the rugby world cup in the same year...

there could always be a 1st but these are bad odds for Aus...

anyone have a stat on the 6 nations and rwc?

it will be interesting to see...

Wasnt half time 5 mins longer to accomodate more adverts last time around?

Think so

Im working 'till 8-45 so recording it, ignoring phone, internet and watching it when I get in. We've been decorating desks at work (our team got Ireland, in the draw) which is getting me more excited about it

Running a sweepstake myself, no idea what team I've got yet drawing them out a hat once 20 people have signed up. Stop me trying to convince someone to take Nambia....

Its common knowledge that the world's Rugby media (particularly the British and European media) are anti-New Zealand.
Not true. I'm afraid your biased opinion ain't "common knowledge".

I follow mostly SH rugby but i reside in NH most of the year and therefore watch most games through European media and more often than not, surrounded by European people at a pub. What you said couldn't be further from the truth. Print and digital media the same.
I could even understand a south african coming with that argument, but from a new Zealander? Balderdash i tell you.

Last edited:
I just recently started paying attention to the sport & looking forward to this.
Also going to attend the 7's tourney on Halloween here in the Tampa Bay area. Gonna try to go to both days. Feel free to educate me . I'm going to want to learn as much as - as fast as I can.

a team (SH) has never won the Tri-nations (The Rugby Championship) and the rugby world cup in the same year...

there could always be a 1st but these are bad odds for Aus...

anyone have a stat on the 6 nations and rwc?

it will be interesting to see...

Not really that difficult. Did England win the Six Nations in 2003? Yes.

The end.

Backing up my multi-sport competitor, I'd like to point out he deliberated, then spotted there was no 'Japan' in that statement, and made that comment.

Obviously if you'd said 'Japan' instead of 'Scotland' or 'Samoa', then the entire forum would have agreed with you!

Backing up my multi-sport competitor, I'd like to point out he deliberated, then spotted there was no 'Japan' in that statement, and made that comment.

Obviously if you'd said 'Japan' instead of 'Scotland' or 'Samoa', then the entire forum would have agreed with you!

No D*ck Taff, what it does, is reinforce the possibility of Scotland and Samoa beating South Africa, both which are supposedly better sides than Japan.

Last edited:
No D*ck Taff, what it does, is reinforce the possibility of Scotland and Samoa beating South Africa, both which are better sides than Japan.

Hrmmm....I was going to go with 'the lack of tone in posts often results in them being misconstrued'.
However, in your case, I'm just going to go with 'I think you may be a bit of a dick'.

Either way it blows the group completely open. All sides a part from the minnow in their group capable of beating one another, it's the new group of 'death'.

Last edited:
Well you were a week early ...
Now you've got the hype.
Um 1066 ... You only need to look at
1995 to see how badly England were beaten.

Why thank you kind sir! You have rescued my honor and my felicitation a to you for that!! Of course that is what I meant!!!

Latest posts