• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Quarter Final upset do you think is most likely to occur?

Which Quarter Final upset is most likely?

• Wales beat South Africa

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Argentina beat Ireland

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • France beat New Zealand

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Scotland beat Australia

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, beating the England and Wales is nothing; both clearly crap teams in Kiwi eyes. Not like the might of Argentina and Tonga obviously :p .

Actually yeah. Argentina are a much more serious threat than an impotent English host and a wounded Welsh side.

It seems according to you KeyboardWorrier the only "serious" team is NZ. Your cockiness is going to bite you so hard in the arse if France knock you out

Heh, I'll be waiting.

Actually yeah. Argentina are a much more serious threat than an impotent English host and a wounded Welsh side.

****, well I guess it's a good thing the Wallabies proved themselves by spanking them 34-9 in their own backyard this year then aye ;-) .

Just a shame the Wallabies didn't get the chance to prove they can beat the All Blacks this year. Oh wait...

Australia will win this comfortably..as someone who closely watches the 6 nations year on year there is just no way Scotland have anywhere near the class to beat Australia. Unlike Wales they just don't possess the same gritty determination and defence to enable them to win a game like this. They struggle every year in the 6 nations and have hardly looked convincing in the group stages. They were totally outclassed by SA in every aspect of that game and they were at full strength then. I think Japan would have actually had a better crack at Australia with their breakdown and clinical play this World Cup. But as for this upset I just do not see why anyone would strongly believe it could happen.

France were awful against Ireland, and Arg were only 10pts from NZ in their game, so going on that form NZ will hammer France, and Arg will maybe edge past Ireland.

I reckon England to make the semi finals would be a huge upset.

Edit to add - sorry, they're already upset.

Last edited:
It seems according to you KeyboardWorrier the only "serious" team is NZ. Your cockiness is going to bite you so hard in the arse if France knock you out

Even worse if the Wallabies beat them in the final, or anyone for that matter

Oh come on. The only reason there's a poll is because Hanson has a say in this.
Everyone knows the last team on the planet (including the Pitcairn Islands 2nd XV) that NZ wanted to play against is France.
Hence the biggest upset chance.
(I rest my case, and for no other reason than the popular vote, shall post a 'relax, try not to' video)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Argies would not be an upset, I look at the previous performance and would rate them on par if not a little higher. In my opinion favourites to win the rest but Irland match to close to call.

The Argies would not be an upset, I look at the previous performance and would rate them on par if not a little higher. In my opinion favourites to win the rest but Irland match to close to call.

I consider them slight favourites over us to be honest. Hoping for a NH cleansweep but a SH clean sweep is probable.

I don't want Argentina to win as I like Ireland but I have a feeling Argentina might just pinch it. Hoping for a Wales victory as well but that's more unlikely

Latest posts