• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which Quarter Final upset do you think is most likely to occur?

Which Quarter Final upset is most likely?

• Wales beat South Africa

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Argentina beat Ireland

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • France beat New Zealand

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Scotland beat Australia

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't write off the Scots. What if Australia had an off day and everything clicked for Scotland. They've a big abrasive pack and the likes of Hogg and Russell in the backs. If Aus think they just have to turn up they could get a shock and remember Australia are just after 2 massive games. This is Scotland's world cup final.

I wouldn't write off the Scots. What if Australia had an off day and everything clicked for Scotland. They've a big abrasive pack and the likes of Hogg and Russell in the backs. If Aus think they just have to turn up they could get a shock and remember Australia are just after 2 massive games. This is Scotland's world cup final.

Australia are a very inconsistent team. They're certainly due for a Cooper moment or two. The biggest problem I see for the Wallabies is that to compete they need to infringe; and they're so close to citations and cannot afford to concede any yellows against the knock-out competition.

They used to be. Not so much now. Cooper isn't playing. No they don't need to infringe to win.

Scotland will have a siege mentality this week after Ford and Gray being banned for the tournament. At the very least they should make it difficult for Australia.

You're talking about one game. And they won. And this after an emotionally draining game to thrash england out of the cup at Twickenham. They weren't at their best yet they still managed to win against a talented determined Welsh side. I doubt they will be 'infringing to win' against Scotland

Australia are a very inconsistent team. They're certainly due for a Cooper moment or two. The biggest problem I see for the Wallabies is that to compete they need to infringe; and they're so close to citations and cannot afford to concede any yellows against the knock-out competition.

Yep, massively up and down this year the Wallabies. Clean sweep of the Rugby Championship, and won all their games in the World Cup's toughest pool. Massively inconsistent.

I saw some mini version, but not the Rugby Championship. Might as well stop the RWC in the Semis and decide a winner there.

I saw some mini version, but not the Rugby Championship. Might as well stop the RWC in the Semis and decide a winner there.
Don't think they changed the ***le to "mini", but hey if that makes you feel better then go for it ;-) . I'm simply making the point that for an "very inconsistent" team the Wallabies have had a strangely consistent habit of winning this year with 8 wins from 9 tests, with 5 of those wins being against the sides ranked in the upper echelons.

You know, facts and all.

Don't think they changed the ***le to "mini", but hey if that makes you feel better then go for it ;-) . I'm simply making the point that for an "very inconsistent" team the Wallabies have had a strangely consistent habit of winning this year with 8 wins from 9 tests, with 5 of those wins being against the sides ranked in the upper echelons.

You know, facts and all.

True, but where in this RWC have they faced a real serious team? (a real serious team, top five stuff- England and Wales certainly don't count as they were both ****e).

True, but where in this RWC have they faced a real serious team? (a real serious team, top five stuff- England and Wales certainly don't count as they were both ****e).

Yeah, beating the England and Wales is nothing; both clearly crap teams in Kiwi eyes. Not like the might of Argentina and Tonga obviously :p .

It seems according to you KeyboardWorrier the only "serious" team is NZ. Your cockiness is going to bite you so hard in the arse if France knock you out

It seems according to you KeyboardWorrier the only "serious" team is NZ. Your cockiness is going to bite you so hard in the arse if France knock you out
Seems also to have forgot the Wallabies beat the omnipotent darkness in Sydney this year.

Latest posts