• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team are you supporting other than your home nation?

England first obviously, Then probably Ireland, France, Scotland, any other Northern Hemisphere team.. In that order.

I'll be supporting NZ if Australia are eliminated. Always believed in ANZAC unity and have great respect for All Black rugby. Naturally I love it when Australia beat them, but the players of both teams share a mutual respect. The 'anyone but Australia' campaign is testing my affection a little, however I feel Quade the (boofhead-fair call NFJ!) bears much of the responsibility. Many English fans irritate me with their constant denigration of the ABs, and as for their all black kit-well that makes me sick. So for me-anyone but England.

I'll be supporting NZ if Australia are eliminated. Always believed in ANZAC unity and have great respect for All Black rugby. Naturally I love it when Australia beat them, but the players of both teams share a mutual respect. The 'anyone but Australia' campaign is testing my affection a little, however I feel Quade the (boofhead-fair call NFJ!) bears much of the responsibility. Many English fans irritate me with their constant denigration of the ABs, and as for their all black kit-well that makes me sick. So for me-anyone but England.

I can't understand people's problem with England having black as the color for their change kit. Their traditional kit is all white so all black is the logical choice for their change kit IMO in that any clash would come about from the opposition having a light kit and black being the obvious color as a contrast to white. I think people who have a problem with it should grow up and be less precious. I mean, SA's change kit is pretty much all white but you don't hear any English claiming to have a monopoly on a color.

Last edited:
Samoa/New Zealand, Tonga, Wales, Fiji, England and now Canada.

ps. I must be one of only a few Kiwi's who actually likes England's Black kit I just don't like Manu Tuilagi in it!

Last edited:
Last on my list is England. Apart from the Springboks, I guess I would go with Ireland. Love it when the Irish plays against the Kiwi's in Ireland. So much passion. Unfortunately the only NH teams that can beat the Kiwi's are the French and the Poms. Just saw on Wikepedia that Scotland and Ireland have never beaten the Kiwi's....Sad.

I guess the Lack of big match temerament was again illustrated this weekend again when we played the Welsh. We handed the victory to them and they didnt know what to do with it so they gave it back. Time will tell if the big ole choker tag will re-srface again for the Kiwi's this year.

It did for us in the Cricket WC (ouch)

Why are the english players so hated by foreigners? (Just curious)

Anyways I love the samoan contingent in the premiership and will be cheering them on in there games. Especially mapasua and tuilangi they are special players.

Anyways I love the samoan contingent in the premiership and will be cheering them on in there games. Especially mapasua and tuilangi they are special players.

Waddles- I don't hate the English players at all mate.
I think your media doesn't do the English reputation any favours though.
I think this whole thing recently with Tindall and the Dwarf in Queenstown has done nothing but enhance the English rep in NZ!!
Just about everyone I have heard talking about the English players reckon they sound like a good bunch of blokes.

It's not the players it's the nation and well that goes back a long long way :p.

Waddles- I don't hate the English players at all mate.
I think this whole thing recently with Tindall and the Dwarf in Queenstown has done nothing but enhance the English rep in NZ!!
Just about everyone I have heard talking about the English players reckon they sound like a good bunch of blokes.

99.9% of players from all countries are good guys.

It's the fans and media who are all dicks.

Understatement of the century...

And...

I can't understand people's problem with England having black as the color for their change kit. Their traditional kit is all white so all black is the logical choice for their change kit IMO in that any clash would come about from the opposition having a light kit and black being the obvious color as a contrast to white. I think people who have a problem with it should grow up and be less precious. I mean, SA's change kit is pretty much all white but you don't hear any English claiming to have a monopoly on a color.

This.

Anyway, after England... uhm... depends on whim. And number of Ulster players in the Ireland lineup :p

Would like to see the Home Nations put in good showings, but not sure how much that overwhelms how much I enjoy seeing the yappier amongst our celtic cousins shut up.

In the RWC I support EVERY team, it's a question of which one I love more than the other one!!! There is the occasional player I don't like but that is fairly rare.

In total contrast at the FIFA world cup I have to choose which team I passionately hate less than the other most of the time.

I sure don't hate the players-they're all out there doing their best. Agree with the media/fan comment .

England first, Ireland a close second, followed by Japan then anybody who plays Scotland.

England first, then Russia - was gutted for them the other day

I like England. I used to hate them but I've found myself becoming more and more of a fan over the years. I like a lot of their players; Lawes, Croft, Wood, Youngs, Wilkinson, Cueto Foden. I do hate Ashton and Armitage though. They make it very difficult for people to like them.

I support Scotland and Ireland. I studied abroad at the University of Glasgow, and had an Irish girlfriend.
I am a Japanese citizen, but have an ethnic Korean origin. I cannot support the Japanese team, because of the national anthem (monarchist) and national flag (symbol of aggression).

99.9% of players from all countries are good guys.

It's the fans and media who are all dicks.

Exactly this. You see every four years with the Lions Tour DVDs that most of the guys are just having a laugh.

Before i didnt really support anyone but aus and was more interested in seeing NZ lose if anything but since the knock out stages has a line between northern and southern hemispheres my allegience will be behind NZ and SA.

Latest posts