• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which version will you be buying PS3 or XBOX360

Which version will you be getting?

• PS3

Votes: 130 55.8%
  • XBOX360

Votes: 103 44.2%

• Total voters
xbox 360 is already pirated and PS3 can't cut it in terms of mass market appeal, just trying to raise awareness on the fact that pc gamers always get overlooked by sports games studios and that it shouldn't be the case here

LOL Thats funny.You're not really a gamer are you?

I also have a bone to pick with this forum. I have issues with the following:

1. I feel an amazing need to continue to +1 rep C A Iverson for cooly explaining things to posters whom I suspect post alot of comments on Youtube and feicarsinn for patronizing posts such as
Awwwwww. Are you going to be okay?
which amuse me greatly, and yet not being able to.
2. Everybody else seems to be getting a cool personalised nick-name and I'm stuck on "Senior Member"...If I was a slightly more charismatic poster maybe then I'd get a personalised nick name.
3. The influx of new posters of whom I've made flash judgments to dislike...
4. The information that HB Studios won't meet all of my unreasonable demands
5. Jaimeduque...

Last edited:

1. I feel an amazing need to continue to +1 rep C A Iverson for cooly explaining things to posters whom I suspect post alot of comments on Youtube and feicarsinn for patronizing posts such as which amuse me greatly, and yet not being able to.
2. Everybody else seems to be getting a cool personalised nick-name and I'm stuck on "Senior Member"...If I was a slightly more charismatic poster maybe then I'd get a personalised nick name.
5. Jaimeduque...

You sound like a grumpy old man..

1. I feel an amazing need to continue to +1 rep C A Iverson for cooly explaining things to posters whom I suspect post alot of comments on Youtube and feicarsinn for patronizing posts such as which amuse me greatly, and yet not being able to.
5. Jaimeduque...

Funny stuff. Good post. :)

You sound like a grumpy old man..
Hmm, would you still have said that if you weren't under the suspicion you fall into category 3...

You do realise there are nearly just as many PS3's (33.5 million) as there are Xbox 360's(39 million)? And generally Sony is bigger in the PAL region which is more of where rugby gets played anyway.

What I dont understand is why they arent making it for the wii (67.45 million), but maybe that will come later and perhaps a pc version too.

A wii version would only be a shoddy version of Rugby 08 being as the hardware is essentially a (technically inferior to PS2) Gamecube and that wouldn't have been able to handle it either.

Plus of those Wiis, the vast majority are owned by people who only want wii fit or that sort. Actual gamers who would want a copy are a bare minimum. It's not a real games console.

^
Good Call

btw cheers for enableing me to change my "rank/nick name thingy" Iverson. Not sure if i needed special permission or not but you put me in the right direction...alas the +1 rep still goes missing as I need to give rep to other posters first...and I'm very picky about who I give rep to...like if there is a "r" at both the beginning of your user name and at the end you can pretty much forget it...

Last edited:
^
Good Call

btw cheers for enableing me to change my "rank/nick name thingy" Iverson. Not sure if i needed special permission or not but you put me in the right direction...alas the +1 rep still goes missing as I need to give rep to other posters first...and I'm very picky about who I give rep to...like if there is a "r" at both the beginning of your user name and at the end you can pretty much forget it...
I'm not too worried about the rep side of things, lol. As for some of the "newer" members, maybe they'll get to realise over some weeks that this isn't your typical average forum where the moderators don't really have opinions and just sit things out like a referee. We certainly get in amongst it like the members do. :)

As for your user ***le, I only granted changing that as you've been one of the more active members for quite some time now. You've been contributing in threads other than just rugby gaming and have generally been very reasonable to deal with. Just don't change the ***le to anything like admin, moderator or anything else that'd confuse the other members please. :)

Regarding what Bullitt said above, he's totally 100% right on the money. The Wii really has far more casual fans, more intensive games don't seem to do well on it at all.

I can't justify either spending $500 on a Xbox 360 or $600 on a PS3 just to play Rugby on it (New Zealand prices).

It just wouldn't be an option for me - so I won't be buying either version unless it comes to PC.
Which I hope the console versions sell well - so HB Studios will make a PC port.

Definitely Xbox 360. Really looking forward to dominating everyone online! :p Wish it was coming out this year rather than next, ah well, better than nothing.

Hmm, would you still have said that if you weren't under the suspicion you fall into category 3...

Haha you got me. I figured if i was disliked anyway i may aswell point it out..

"Back in myyy day, we had respect for our elders! now these youngin's just act like they own the place! and they have new-fangled nicknames and all that carry on.."

Haha you got me. I figured if i was disliked anyway i may aswell point it out..

"Back in myyy day, we had respect for our elders! now these youngin's just act like they own the place! and they have new-fangled nicknames and all that carry on.."

I certainly wouldn't say your disliked. I'd say you sometimes seem relatively inflexible and do occasionally come across as a bit like your ideas are the only way forward, that's about it. I think that mostly comes from having several good ideas that have universal appeal and not being able to stop that train of thought when you encounter opposition to a minority of your ideas.

All said though, I'd rate you as one of the better new members to be honest. :)

^
Good Call

I have a feeling you're still a bit ****** off about my general attitude in the other thread, i have to say its understandable too.
I just saw you label that guys suggestion as "the dumbest suggestion yet". I thought that was very harsh as he was a new member who was honestly trying to give ideas that would benefit the game. Ripping him down seemed unfair to me, so i decided to back up his idea.

Maybe i went a bit far in reaction and i'll try to better myself in future. Equally though if you expect me to abandon my thoughts and take on those of anyone with a higher post count, well that's just not going to happen.

I find that little reputation comment quite funny too as i have already experienced the elusive nickdnz 1+rep.
I used to post here last year, maybe the year before, but i completely forgot my account details so i made another one. We used to agree with each other on most issues funnily enough. One i remember clearly was that we both believed Hosea Gear was All Black material, both arguing against some fool who thought he had already tried and failed at that level.

A wii version would only be a shoddy version of Rugby 08 being as the hardware is essentially a (technically inferior to PS2) Gamecube and that wouldn't have been able to handle it either.

Plus of those Wiis, the vast majority are owned by people who only want wii fit or that sort. Actual gamers who would want a copy are a bare minimum. It's not a real games console.

Firstly, the GameCube was more powerful than the PS2, and secondly the Wii is able of producing graphics, while not of 360/PS3 levels, can hold there own (I point you towards the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Monster Hunter Tri, ect.)

And please explain why Zelda: Twilight Princess, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles have all sold over a million copies on Wii alone?

Sidhe's new Rugby League game Rugby League 3 is actually out on Wii only. Work that one out.

Last edited:
Actually the IBM Gecko in the game cube only had a bigger number being somewhere around 400mhz. The PS2 Emotion Engine may instead have been a 300mhz, but it was essentially a 64-bit dual-core so it weighs in at a once-impressive 600mhz. That's why it was a ***** to code.

The PS2 also wins on all important RAM ram with 32MB over the GCs pathetic 24mb.

As for sales, 20 million copies of GTA San Andreas is impressive for a AAA ***le, not 1 million units worldwide (for exclusive games featuring the 2nd best recodnised games icon behind Sonic) on the highest selling machine. How do games like FIFA do on Nintendos family orintation centre? Crap, that's how.

Hense the same reason why Rugby League 3 will bomb and HB have enough sense to concentrate on the 360 and PS3.

The Wii is not a real games machine. It's a cheep and nasty gimmick specifically aimed at appealing to housewives, people who watch "you've been framed" and Northerns who've only just discovered electricity.

Actually the IBM Gecko in the game cube only had a bigger number being somewhere around 400mhz. The PS2 Emotion Engine may instead have been a 300mhz, but it was essentially a 64-bit dual-core so it weighs in at a once-impressive 600mhz. That's why it was a ***** to code.

The PS2 also wins on all important RAM ram with 32MB over the GCs pathetic 24mb.

As for sales, 20 million copies of GTA San Andreas is impressive for a AAA ***le, not 1 million units worldwide (for exclusive games featuring the 2nd best recodnised games icon behind Sonic) on the highest selling machine. How do games like FIFA do on Nintendos family orintation centre? Crap, that's how.

Hense the same reason why Rugby League 3 will bomb and HB have enough sense to concentrate on the 360 and PS3.

The Wii is not a real games machine. It's a cheep and nasty gimmick specifically aimed at appealing to housewives, people who watch "you've been framed" and Northerns who've only just discovered electricity.

Where do I take classes in smacking down points of view with ruthless, accurate data like that, then following up with a cutting, stereotype-laden dismissal to close?

It's a talent which can't be taught... Only years upon years of hated for your fellow man can make one so cynical! :p

and look at all the powerful words used to even further cement his point!

***** to code.

GCs pathetic 24mb.

As for sales, (for exclusive games featuring the 2nd best recodnised games icon behind Sonic) Crap, that's how.

powerful stuff.

Latest posts