• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who are your "Best Bargain" Players in World League?

Z

Z-Town Pirate

I'm currently playing World League with FA'ATAU82's MegaUpdatePatch. Some considerable differences from the game's default rosters and chemistry, but a lot of the players and values are the same.

When the Transfer Window opens and you recruit to build your franchise, what's the best team for the least amount of money?

1. Who is worth it, no matter how large the price?

To me, Shane Williams is worth the max since he can wreak havoc at wing or scrum half. However, the drawback is he doesn't add to a team's chemistry. The other guys who are worth it are the guys with the big boot like Carter and add chemistry at Fly Half.

2. Who are the best less-expensive players?
I'm talking about guys who are incredibly effective at a discount.

I never pass on Chris Jack. Relatively expensive as a Lock, but cheap compared to upgrading some other more expensive position. Wins every line out and one of the few locks who can team up and get chemistry at the position (i.e., with Robinson).

Catt and Mauger are also a good buys at Center. Decent boots, good passers, and give you chemistry at Fly or Center.

I'll add one more question:
3. Worst Values?
Can't see spending the max on...
Gregan
Larkham
Dallaglio

They make good chips to cash in on equally effective and less expensive players.

I'll add one more question:
3. Worst Values?
Can't see spending the max on...
Gregan
Larkham
Dallaglio

They make good chips to cash in on equally effective and less expensive players.
[/b]

larkham is rubbish in the game

Epi Taione from Tonga is a catch...He's 6"4" and 124kgs and can play on the wing,centre and flanker. I have playing at 12 or 14 are he has enough speed to be dangerous (read he runs over 10's quite easily).

Jourbert is fairly good if your just starting out with Clermount as well as Mike Blair. For me i think Muliania solved my problem at 13 till i got BOD he's a good finisher and occasional breaks tackles.

Worst purchase was McCaw did **** all and i really didnt notice any real difference in my turnovers similarly i bough Umaga and he's been a disappointment oh well

Aaron Mauger
Mauro Bergamasco
Ma'a Nonu
Derick Hougaard
Ben Atiga
Anthony Tuitavake
Ben Cohen

dont worry about buying other players. just get BOD since he pretty much can't be tackled nor chased down from behind LOL

if u think shane williams is worth then u mite as wel get jason robinson

Once you get BOD though the game goes from boring as hell as to the worst game ever designed you just cannot go a match without get 50+ points and conceding none.

Actually, you don't need BOD to find the game absolutly boring and to score tries after tries, even with 5min elite settings. But that's right it's worst with him in your team.

It's pants if you buy anyone good. I've still got Chupin at 10, often with McCarthy at 12 about 5 seasons in. Players like Rougerie, Lamont, Larkham etc. are good because they're cool players but so mightily crap on the game making it at least a bit trickier.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StevoIRL @ Sep 30 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jourbert is fairly good if your just starting out with Clermount as well as Mike Blair. For me i think Muliania solved my problem at 13 till i got BOD he's a good finisher and occasional breaks tackles.

Worst purchase was McCaw did **** all and i really didnt notice any real difference in my turnovers similarly i bough Umaga and he's been a disappointment oh well[/b]

You have to be doing something wrong if you're disappointed with Umaga! He breaks SO many tackles!

Ellisade is one of the cheap super-buys IMO. The best 9 in the game while also a top goal kicker.

To me it's defnitley Habana, he can sidestep anytime anywhere and has enough speed to make it to the goal line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allyoop @ Oct 5 2008, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StevoIRL @ Sep 30 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Worst purchase was McCaw did **** all and i really didnt notice any real difference in my turnovers similarly i bough Umaga and he's been a disappointment oh well[/b]

You have to be doing something wrong if you're disappointed with Umaga! He breaks SO many tackles!
[/b][/quote]

I also think umanga is dissapointing, yes he breaks tackles, but then someone tackles him because he's so slow

Are you dissin the legend Tana Umaga? Buy him in and just image yourself as one with Tana Umaga not just playing as Tana Umaga.

haha just the aura alone of the man will have your team tearing it up. Also when hes in there haven't you noticed your defensive line holds much better.

theres a japanese winger called oktakama or something like that whos very fast and very cheap i broght him in the first season i played!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StevoIRL @ Sep 29 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

McCaw goes well for me, though i do play him alongside George Smith which might help him.

Latest posts