• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who is your favorite player?

frans steyn - unpredictable, hair nearly as lush as percys, and he can kick the ball a country mile!

For sheer excitement it has to be Hernandez.

For all out work across the park, especially in the Scrum, Sheridan

it's got to be shane williams........exciting to watch, always looking to inject pace into a slow game, creative, can make things happen.

Past:

Andre Joubert - Was great on the counter, linked up with the backline superbly and for his great service to Natal rugby in the 90's, Natal's best decade. Period.

Gary Teichmann - Was a master at picking up the ball at the base and breaking away from the scrum. Excellent ball carrier. One of the great Bok and Natal captains.

Present:

Juan Smith - The perfect loose forward

Frans Steyn - Undeniably talented

Soon to be:

Heinke van der Merwe - If he stays fit, he WILL be our starting loosehead in this years Tri Nations. Best scrummager in SA. Only thing he lacks is experience.

Past:
Christian Cullen. Best fullback ever, best and most agile ball runner ever, best try scoring rate for a fullback ever, just one of the best to watch.

Present:
Jerry Collins. Best loose forward in the world at the moment in my opinion, tough as nails, never shirks away from any work, feared and respected by his opponent. A living legend. (lol, a bit over the top? nah, it's JC).

Past:
Christian Cullen. Best fullback ever, best and most agile ball runner ever, best try scoring rate for a fullback ever, just one of the best to watch.

Present:
Jerry Collins. Best loose forward in the world at the moment in my opinion, tough as nails, never shirks away from any work, feared and respected by his opponent. A living legend. (lol, a bit over the top? nah, it's JC). [/b]

I agree with BOTH of your choices.

my favourite player is cedric heymans because hes got pace and is also a strong winger who can play fullback

Present:
Jerry Collins. Best loose forward in the world at the moment in my opinion, tough as nails, never shirks away from any work, feared and respected by his opponent. A living legend. (lol, a bit over the top? nah, it's JC).
[/b]
Richie McCaw would have to be considered the best loose forward in the All Blacks at the moment. He is the only one from the entire team that was nominated for Player of the Year.

Plus Juan Smith is the better loose forward. He's quicker, tougher than nails, has a extremely high work rate and can be used as a line out option. JC might be stronger but that's about it.

Juan played more games than him last year, in S14 and the WC, and WAS the in form loose forward at the WC.

So at the moment JC ain't cutting it

Plus Juan Smith is the better loose forward. He's quicker, tougher than nails, has a extremely high work rate and can be used as a line out option. JC might be stronger but that's about it.[/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:

Make a thread and a poll about Jerry Collins vs Juan Smith, I will be genuinely suprised if most people agree with you.

Present:

Plus Juan Smith is the better loose forward. He's quicker, tougher than nails, has a extremely high work rate and can be used as a line out option. JC might be stronger but that's about it.

Juan played more games than him last year, in S14 and the WC, and WAS the in form loose forward at the WC.

So at the moment JC ain't cutting it

Steve-O, I agree with you in that Hitman was a **** movie. But, you are WAY off the ball here. I could at least relate if you responded saying Burger is better (which he's not :) ), but you use Juan Smith as your argument <_< .

Collins at the moment is better than McCaw in terms of value to the All Blacks, although many will disagree. Collins is a 6, he doesn't HAVE to be quick. Collins is tougher and has a WAY higher work rate than most players. Also, JC is a regular line out jumper in both club and country.

Look at his record... he plays through pain most seasons and still comes out top most of the time in offloads, hitups and tackles. Collins can kick (and chase), pass and is a great leader. As darkman said, start a poll and watch Smith get left in the dust.

To Darkman:

I take it you disagree.

What is your reason for disagreeing?

I gave you valid points, about both Mccaw and Smith, and you gave me little pictures.

Starting a poll here would be pointless. I am, as a South African, heavily out numbered by NZers. A thread about shitty TV programmes in NZ got more replies than the thread concerning the appointment of the new Bok coach. A team which are world champions I might add.

I rest my case.

Hence my reason by asking you for valid points as to why you think JC is the best loose forward in the world AT THE MOMENT.

To w_cullen:

Thanks for giving some points. But they are not convincing. Mccaw would still have to be considered more valuable AT THE MOMENT. Being captain and being nominated for world player of the year

They say 2 heads are better than 1...

Show me

Brendan Cannon: for punching Mileamu in the face, getting bitten by Bakkies Botha, and for telling the Italian press four months after the soccer world cup that Gonzale Canale 'did the Italian thing' and 'took a dive' after he 'made contact' with his jaw :D

Past:
- Emile N'Tamack
- Thomas Castaignède
- Jonah Lomu
- Christophe '***ou' Lamaison
- Diego Dominguez
- Jason Robinson

Present:
- David Skrela (I assume that, ok ?)
- Cedric Heymans
- Brock James
- Augustin Pichot
- Juan Martin Hernandez
- Remy Martin
- CHABAL !!
- Rodrigo Roncero
- 'Super' Mario Ledesma
- Julien Malzieu
- Julien Saubade
- Lionel Beauxis
- François Steyn
- Serge Betsen
- Elvis Vermeulen
- Fourie du Preez
- and maybe my favorite player at the moment, Jean Baptiste Elissalde

Mine is Rodney So'oialo. I feel a line-break is about to come whenever he gets the ball. I also enjoy watching Fourie du Preez.

And I also consider that Christian Cullen is one of the all-time greatest fullbacks.

Latest posts