• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be World Player of the Year?

Realistically there are none.
Joseph was having a good season until teams started sending two or more defenders at him whenever he got the ball and shut him out of the game.
Celts will say POC/SOB/POM/Warburton but none of those have had the impact that the SH players have had.

Foley is a good suggestion, though. Really looking like the 10 that Australia have been crying out for recently.

None of the above for me. I can't see past Pocock, but you go on feeding your petty bigotry.

I would have to think the winner comes from either DC or Pocock and that the RWC winner may well decide the outcome.

So far so good!!

It's funny that a few Kiwis didnt think DC deserved even a nomination!! Regional bias maybe? or perhaps just poor judgement. Presumably these were the same people that thought he shouldnt have been in the ABs squad to begin with!!

I think both Ben Smith and Nonu were a little unlucky not to get nominated. Savea is a strange nomination as he has only had a few good moments and the rest of his season has been pretty so so. I'm also a little indifferent about Hooper. He's a good player but one of the worlds top 6?? Nah, not for me. It is what it is though I guess.

I'll stick with what I said before the nominations: Winner comes from Pocock and DC with the RWC final to decide it!

I dunno I just thought that DC has been too hot and cold especially early on in the year. He is still easily the best number 10 we have though and he has been sublime in some of the games. In terms of the All Blacks, IMO McCaw, Nonu and Ben Smith have all had better years overall than DC and certainly Savea.

Don't think Hooper, DC and Savea should be in that list.

So far so good!!

It's funny that a few Kiwis didnt think DC deserved even a nomination!! Regional bias maybe? or perhaps just poor judgement. Presumably these were the same people that thought he shouldnt have been in the ABs squad to begin with!!

I think both Ben Smith and Nonu were a little unlucky not to get nominated. Savea is a strange nomination as he has only had a few good moments and the rest of his season has been pretty so so. I'm also a little indifferent about Hooper. He's a good player but one of the worlds top 6?? Nah, not for me. It is what it is though I guess.

I'll stick with what I said before the nominations: Winner comes from Pocock and DC with the RWC final to decide it!

What's even more funny is that SBW shouldn't be in the team? Carter, SBW are a God send, Naholo not so much.

What's even more funny is that SBW shouldn't be in the team? Carter, SBW are a God send, Naholo not so much.

Yeah the SBW haters got quitened down pretty damn fast thankfuly. As much as we love our rugby in NZ we are a bunch of whiners about out own team and players at times huh!!

I dunno I just thought that DC has been too hot and cold especially early on in the year. He is still easily the best number 10 we have though and he has been sublime in some of the games. In terms of the All Blacks, IMO McCaw, Nonu and Ben Smith have all had better years overall than DC and certainly Savea.

Don't think Hooper, DC and Savea should be in that list.

Agree completely, too up and down for Carter.

Although I can't see the nominees online anywhere, got a link for us?

Yeah the SBW haters got quitened down pretty damn fast thankfuly. As much as we love our rugby in NZ we are a bunch of whiners about out own team and players at times huh!!

A lot of the Sonny Bill haters I know have very few issues with his overall game, but just seem to rat on him for who he is, and his controversies eg, walking out on contracts, his boxing farce.

They don't actually know the amount of work he does to get ready or anything about him, its just an uninformed opinion.

Well if that performance from DC doesnt convince you nothing will. Absolutely sublime. What a legend!!

Pocock for me still.

Carter amazing game but it isn't man of the match.

Haha, had to be someone. Pocock got outclassed today, DC had one of the games of the year + all the other games he led the way in including 2 other knock-outs and a defence of the Bledisloe he could hardly have hd a better season in the games that count.

Pocock got outclassed today?

Were you watching any of the game or just the highlights?

to be fair he is a one trick pony. He did it a few times early but he was invisible in the second half. He is ineffectual with the ball in hand. DC has been unreal since the second bledisloe where he shredded up Aussie. Pocock was invisible for 50 minutes that night too. Couple of flashy turnovers and sitting on the back of a maul don't make you the best player in the world

Carter for me. Amazing last game - in a year where he came from his most uncertain place in the ABs, to deliver whenever it counted.

Pocock got outclassed today?

Were you watching any of the game or just the highlights?

Haha, sorry I must have missed the bit where he almost single handedly powered his side to victory!! Dont get me wrong he is a fantastic player and had a fantastic season and a good game today, but in terms of a 1 on 1 duel with DC today he was absolutely outclassed, no doubt about it!!

Again it's not MotM.
No, but I said all along IMO the award would go to whoever performed the best today out of the two. Have a look at my previous posts.
But if u think world class performances in every single improtant game of the season, plus MoM in the biggest game of the last 4 years is not enough to win this award then I'm not sure what is. Enought said I think, u r entitled to ur opinion, but for me DC player of the year hands down.

Again it's not MotM.

Nobody said it was. Carter was amazing in the bledisloe, dominated France in the QF, was exceptional against SA in the semi final, and then just got man of the match in the WC final.. Clearly not just a one game performance he has been brilliant in all of our biggest games this year.

Pocock is the best turnover merchant in the game but he only offers anything on one side of the ball, he kills their line out and takes away what should be a ball carrier at 8.

In terms of consistency, it has to be Pocock ... Carter and Savea were both struggling for for at times during the last twelve months, so can't see either of them getting it

Again it's not MotM.

keep telling yourself that.

As for player of the year, I still fell DC has been to inconsistent to get it, sure he played good in the big games that mattered, but so did McCaw, Nonu and B Smith and they played more consistent in the other games where DC didn't stand out.

Has to be looked at in the context of all internationals.

Latest posts