Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

• Scotland

• Wales

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danit @ Feb 4 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 4 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you sure you won't be needing the psychiatrist yourself? I mean, I know it's been a traumatic day what with the Bergasmasco news but don't be losing the run of yourself. :p ;)[/b]
sure, mhhh... :scratch_one-s_head: no, i ain't completely sure... maybe i really need a psychological counseling myself... :rolleyes: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

it's just hard to see Scotland not going on to win the grand slam if they win their first 4 games but I'd maintain they'd be doing well if they win their home games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fogofogo @ Feb 5 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glyndwrowain @ Jan 22 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ireland offered less than nothing in Croke Park last year...[/b]

But didn't the Welsh only beat the Irish by 4 points? For an Irish team that offered "less than nothing", they certainly pushed that Welsh side.

http://play.www.pasport.servecast.net/PASp...landvwales_600k
[/b][/quote]
Well yes, but if it wasn't for Mike Phillip's inability to play rugby well we would have had a try just before the half time whistle. And Ireland didn't offer much that day. Apart from a frightening start (from a Welsh POV) they were really crap.

we lost the plot in the second half with poor discipline as well, still though it was always going to be a nervy performance from the Welsh as they had one eye on the following match with France .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fogofogo @ Feb 5 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 5 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(from a Welsh POV) ...[/b]

Heh! yeah... and if Horgan was 3" taller he would have scored 15 mins in... etc etc...blah blah
[/b][/quote]
Since when did more height = longer arms? :huh:
Ireland didn't offer much at all is all I'm saying. Wales were on the rise while Eddie was on the fall. I expect Ireland to be stronger at home this year though. Their biggest threat will be France on the first day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 5 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fogofogo @ Feb 5 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 5 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh! yeah... and if Horgan was 3" taller he would have scored 15 mins in... etc etc...blah blah
[/b][/quote]
Ireland didn't offer much at all is all I'm saying. Wales were on the rise while Eddie was on the fall. I expect Ireland to be stronger at home this year though. Their biggest threat will be France on the first day.
[/b][/quote]
isnt your wingspan (or whatever you want to call it) roughly the smae as your height. longer arms for sure. stupid short shane horgan think of how happy i could be....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 5 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 5 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fogofogo @ Feb 5 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
isnt your wingspan (or whatever you want to call it) roughly the smae as your height. longer arms for sure. stupid short shane horgan think of how happy i could be....
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I am still not 100% convinced he didn't score. That was probably the most significant tackle of last years six nations...

Are the Irish members really convinced by their team this year or will it be yet another let down. I always think Ireland look like Munster without the passion. Is there a reason for this, do the players from different get on?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 5 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are the Irish members really convinced by their team this year or will it be yet another let down. I always think Ireland look like Munster without the passion. Is there a reason for this, do the players from different get on?[/b]

because of recent failures I don't think many of us are overly convinced. Again I sound like a stuck record but I feel we have a genuine chance of winning the championship, there's nothing from the other sides that strikes the fear of God into me. I feel we should win the championship but history tells us we'll come unstuck again.

As for players not getting on there's always been rumours flying around but I've always taken them with a pinch of salt.

2001 was the most inexplicable failure and Gatland was sacked because of it, 2003 we came up against England at their very best, that win at Lansdowne was as good a performance as I've ever seen, All Blacks included. While injuries and France have cost us in other years. It's easy to make excuses regarding injuries but when you've such a small core of top class players injuries will inevitable affect the team more than the other nations.

well i dunno deccie says we arent really in the running which makes feicarsinn think "hmmm grandslam you say"
I'd be satisfied with 2nd/3rd to be honest

Wales, Ireland and France could take it, ow wait so could England. Scotland and Italy, its just not their era is it?

Anyway, im sure Wales will have another great year with some of their best rugby but end up 3rd... Ireland will just, jeez i dunno, melt in the wind.. and England would be the team im looking at the most, i think they really have something 2 offer and prove. They have a good enough team to win the 6N imo.

France, well its upto them wether they choose to win the grand slam, or chillax for a 2nd year.

Predictions

England
Ireland
France
Scotland
Wales
Italy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EoinZero @ Feb 7 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wales, Ireland and France could take it, ow wait so could England. Scotland and Italy, its just not their era is it?

Anyway, im sure Wales will have another great year with some of their best rugby but end up 3rd... Ireland will just, jeez i dunno, melt in the wind.. and England would be the team im looking at the most, i think they really have something 2 offer and prove. They have a good enough team to win the 6N imo.

France, well its upto them wether they choose to win the grand slam, or chillax for a 2nd year.

Predictions

England
Ireland
France
Scotland
Wales
Italy[/b]

are you sure after this performance from England today?

Pretty sure... but as always the 6N is quite abnormal in really pin-pointing who will win for sure. Judging by the context of players it should be Wales, judging by passion it should be Ireland and judging by rugby on paper its France. But England are the type of team who can turn around and reach a world cup final after competing in their worst 6N appearence for many years.

Italy are a tricky team to play even when your New Zealand so i wouldnt take to much from that, when they rise to the occassion they can beat any team, and not going by their previous performances, England have been known to deliver under much pressure in the past.

If England play another poor match, its left open between Ireland and Wales, France in my opinion are the dark horses to win... they can do it if they feel like so!

By the way, one of the best matches in the 6N in a long time Ireland France!

I wouldn't write the French off after their performance today, the match with Wales is obviously huge for them now, but we don't know what to expect of Wales as of yet.

Latest posts