Votes: 44 58.7%
  • England

Votes: 31 41.3%

• Total voters

spies8

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Hi, Just out of curiosity who will you guys be picking to play as in the DEMO ?

I will be picking South Africa simpily to have Pierre Spies picking the ball up from the back of the scrum and bumping of the opposition :D

In-Gurr-Lund

I just though - I wonder what the teams will be?
The 30 man squads haven't been announced yet, so will the 22man teams be guesses? Will they be the latest squads (so Englands last Six Nations match team and South Africas first Tri-Nations match team- because neither of those is really the first XV)

Both... I'll probably play the demo for a few weeks! Inbetween the Tri-Nations of course ;)

Duh, England. Assuming you can change players, I'll be reliving the 2007WC final :p.

south african so I can see who faster Ashton or Habana. Also to run around the massive backrow

Ive never really downloaded a demo for my ps3 - could anyone please help and explain the easiest way to go about it?

Thanks guys...

I hope that they don't necessarily use the Current IRB Rankings coz although teams like Enlgand, France, Ireland and Wales are way behind in the rankings it does not mean they can't coz upsets on any given day.

I for one would like to play against mates using other countries besides NZ, OZ and SA without being handicapped. I also feel that England or Ireland for example could be a helluva lot stronger if the correct players and/or combinations were chosen. So I hope that the strength of the team can increase as you substitute stronger players. Will their be some sort of "merging" or "combination" feature that will make a team stronger depending on putting certain player combinations together?

Can anybody from the development team or with the knowledge anwser these questions?

Ive never really downloaded a demo for my ps3 - could anyone please help and explain the easiest way to go about it?

Thanks guys...

All you have to do is go on to psn put i rugby world cup 2011 demo or go onto demo's and newest demos and it should be there then voo lah and great game downloaded!

Last edited:
I'll probs have to bite my tongue and go England first, just due to that i know their players more than SA. Will have to see how over rated their players are ;) ;) can't wait :D

Any more news coming? On twitter the guy said the trailer coming very very very soon. So I'm guessing tomorrow if were lucky or early next week.

Gonna have a crack with both ;) hopefully you can do local multiplayer with the demo too. My mate usually hammers me on Fifa, mostly due to the fact that I don't have it on the Xbox and he spends half his life on it, and gets very gloaty about it. Want to hopefully hammer him on this and get a bit of revenge :D

<meta charset="utf-8">[h=6]Guys, heres an email reply I got from a guy at PSM3 mag whos actually played RWC, thought u might like the write up- Technically, there's a decent attention to detail in the game.

The rucking works on an effort system – essentially, you tap X to commit forwards to each ruck. As you probably know, it's therefore a balancing act between securing the ball and not over-committing. Wasn't that impressed with the ruck animations – it just looked like a glorified scrum. There are ruck tactics too, which you set using the D-pad. Can't quite remember their names, but you can opt to 'Heavily commit forwards', 'Lightly commit forwards' or have 'Nearest man' (if you want to play a quicker game and your backs are built for rucking). Scrums are ok, as are line-outs. They don't feel fast, but they're technically well executed. I asked, and you can take quick throw-ins to another player eg. Wing to full-back, or to yourself, which is cool. The physics of stuff like tackling and passing feels a little animation lead (passes are on triggers – interestingly L1 passes left to a near-by forward, while L2 spreads the ball wide left). I like this – it lets you play tactically when you're near the try-line, or if you're trying to shut a tight game out. Tackling is either automatic (eg – run your tackler into the opponent and the hit happens) or dive tackles are done on X. Felt pretty easy to do, and it works. They have worked in the idea that if you get tackled out-wide, and you're isolated from your forwards, it's much easier to lose the ball. I played a man who knows nothing about rugby (from another Future mag here) and thrashed him. The main reason was that while he just span the ball out wide then got caught and turned over, I cut back in and caught up with my back-row, thereby retaining the ball. It was good to see. Elsewhere, there are plenty of kicking options (chips, up and unders, touch-line kicks, grubbers etc) which seemed to work ok, although I was pretty crap at using them. Looks wise? It's ok. It ain't Madden standard. It's missing that nice sheen it would have had if EA were producing it, but it's passable. The likenesses are OK, but not stunning. All the licensed teams are there, though. We saw England, Wales, Ireland, and South Africa and their teams/kit were correct. No player editor though – shame. So you can't add anyone to each nation's 30 man squad. Is it any good? If you like rugby, then yes. It won't score massive, but I think there's enough depth in there to keep fans happy. Reckon if you stick it on Hard difficulty and really get into the tactical side, and play like a fan, you'll get plenty out of it.
[/h]<form rel="async" class="commentable_item collapsed_comments autoexpand_mode" method="post" action="http://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; ">
</form>

Latest posts