• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who'll win the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course Ireland won't be facing the All Blacks - for that to happen Ireland would actually have to win a game that mattered, something Ireland has proved that they cannot do, whether it be in the 6 Nations or the RWC - So in other words your predicting Argentina to take the Pool? Interesting Choice.

And the French? :bana: Oh thats gold, please don't tell me there foward pack is going to bully us around again, I still have nightmares about that unbreakable defence which McAlister and Sivivatu shredded up like paper last year as the All Blacks won by 44 points in the rain (Ireland meanwhile couldn't even beat the French at Home.)

For a start you spell doom and gloom for the Boks for a lack of a Fly Half, where the French just seem to have been cycling around 20 Year Olds and Half Backs the previous four years. [/b]

LOL - you sniffed out the loophole in my first point. But promise you won't become a lawyer: it would just pile bitterness onto your sarcasm.

Maybe I'm too confident, but I can't see Arg as a threat. Anything is possible in group D, but I think England's group will be the most intense.

Even with a slab of hormone beef at #10 SA can win, but England still has the muscle and the kicking-smarts to do it. Do you just write off the champions?

On Carney: he's looked dangerous whenever I've seen him over the last 3 years, so that does the trick for my predictions. I was thinking he'd be an interesting variation for us at #15, but others have told me no way, and I guess I have to agree. Still, it would be great to see an NH team try some AB adventure from deep.

France's fragility is weird - but you will be receiving their gold-plated attention in the quarters. Their pack will cause you trouble, as they showed in the 2nd November test, but that means nothing if the defence out wide is full of holes. The 3N has shown how to lock up the AB counter attack, and I'd be disgusted if France repeat their rabbit-in-headlights fear. And check out Mignoni #9 and Skrela #10 - they're the best half-back combination going, ahead of Australia.

My original point was about England - if they overcome SA, then it's all jam for them. Any views on that?

<div class='quotemain'>
And of course Ireland won't be facing the All Blacks - for that to happen Ireland would actually have to win a game that mattered, something Ireland has proved that they cannot do, whether it be in the 6 Nations or the RWC - So in other words your predicting Argentina to take the Pool? Interesting Choice.

And the French? :bana: Oh thats gold, please don't tell me there foward pack is going to bully us around again, I still have nightmares about that unbreakable defence which McAlister and Sivivatu shredded up like paper last year as the All Blacks won by 44 points in the rain (Ireland meanwhile couldn't even beat the French at Home.)

For a start you spell doom and gloom for the Boks for a lack of a Fly Half, where the French just seem to have been cycling around 20 Year Olds and Half Backs the previous four years. [/b]
LOL - you sniffed out the loophole in my first point. But promise you won't become a lawyer: it would just pile bitterness onto your sarcasm.

Maybe I'm too confident, but I can't see Arg as a threat. Anything is possible in group D, but I think England's group will be the most intense.

Even with a slab of hormone beef at #10 SA can win, but England still has the muscle and the kicking-smarts to do it. Do you just write off the champions?

On Carney: he's looked dangerous whenever I've seen him over the last 3 years, so that does the trick for my predictions. I was thinking he'd be an interesting variation for us at #15, but others have told me no way, and I guess I have to agree. Still, it would be great to see an NH team try some AB adventure from deep.

France's fragility is weird - but you will be receiving their gold-plated attention in the quarters. Their pack will cause you trouble, as they showed in the 2nd November test, but that means nothing if the defence out wide is full of holes. The 3N has shown how to lock up the AB counter attack, and I'd be disgusted if France repeat their rabbit-in-headlights fear. And check out Mignoni #9 and Skrela #10 - they're the best half-back combination going, ahead of Australia.

My original point was about England - if they overcome SA, then it's all jam for them. Any views on that?

[/b][/quote] you think they didn't give us their "gold plated attention" in the november tests? only their biggest matches of last year. i don't remember our fowards having any trouble disposing of the french in the second test. ireland better hope they qualify first in their pool or their world cup is over.

you think they didn't give us their "gold plated attention" in the november tests? only their biggest matches of last year. i don't remember our fowards having any trouble disposing of the french in the second test. ireland better hope they qualify first in their pool or their world cup is over. [/b]

France's biggest match in the last year was against Ireland. They won, away from home, with a championship at stake. But that was just a bunch of NH ponces fannying about the place, so you guys don't get it.

If Ireland face the ABs in the RWC quarters, we'll probably be too fcuked to hold on to our lead going in to the last ten minutes - but that will be because we weren't good enough to put Arg away in the 3rd quarter of the pool match. Still, every Irish supporter will see that 1/4 final as the most important match in our history - that is, apart from the time we "failed to perform" by kicking seven shades of **** out of England at Croke Park.

So, what are your views on England?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

The 3N has shown jack. We were counter attacking nicely against the Wallabies, we just couldn't hold onto the damn ball when it came to those final passes to send the speedsters into the corner. The Springboks game also showed that we can weather the storm, bash the **** out of each other for an hour and still have the ability to turn on the Jets in the Last 20 minutes and blow them away. Grasping for hope in the Wallabies loss is dead end as well, those circumstances will not be repeated, all I took away from that game is that Mauger sucks... funnily enough I already knew that.

The French seem to fear Henry, and Laporte is their John Mitchell, so even if they had the squad that was on a level near us I would still blow them off. And of course I write off the English - their Success Ratio since 2003 is hovering around the 50% mark, they hardly sent a message to the world in the 6 Nations, they still don't have a Backline... nor even a decent Foward Pack anymore. Nonu, the kind hearted chap he is, sported them 2 tries last year and they still could barely keep it within 20 against us. What have they shown that they have improved from the team that lost to Argentina?

France's biggest match in the last year was against Ireland. They won, away from home, with a championship at stake. But that was just a bunch of NH ponces fannying about the place, so you guys don't get it.[/b]

You can hardly blame us when you look at the fact the Henry Era All Blacks have played teams North of Equator 21 times, and only 6 times has the victory been by less than 20 points.

Originally posted by Ripper above

The 3N has shown jack. We were counter attacking nicely against the Wallabies, we just couldn't hold onto the damn ball when it came to those final passes to send the speedsters into the corner. The Springboks game also showed that we can weather the storm, bash the **** out of each other for an hour and still have the ability to turn on the Jets in the Last 20 minutes and blow them away. Grasping for hope in the Wallabies loss is dead end as well, those circumstances will not be repeated, all I took away from that game is that Mauger sucks... funnily enough I already knew that.

The French seem to fear Henry, and Laporte is their John Mitchell, so even if they had the squad that was on a level near us I would still blow them off. And of course I write off the English - their Success Ratio since 2003 is hovering around the 50% mark, they hardly sent a message to the world in the 6 Nations, they still don't have a Backline... nor even a decent Foward Pack anymore. Nonu, the kind hearted chap he is, sported them 2 tries last year and they still could barely keep it within 20 against us. What have they shown that they have improved from the team that lost to Argentina?

You can hardly blame us when you look at the fact the Henry Era All Blacks have played teams North of Equator 21 times, and only 6 times has the victory been by less than 20 points.

Exactly. all these nh guys like to write us off and call us chokers but this year its going to take a sh team to beat us because none of the nh teams has what it takes.

Exactly. all these nh guys like to write us off and call us chokers but this year its going to take a sh team to beat us because none of the nh teams has what it takes. [/b]

Show me one NH poster stupid enough to write off New Zealand. People saying they don't want them to win isn't the same as saying they aren't heavy favourites.

And we all love calling you guys chokers because it ****** you off so much. It's just fun to watch the huge reels of stats rolled out time and time again by yet another irrate Kiwi.

Show me one NH poster stupid enough to write off New Zealand. People saying they don't want them to win isn't the same as saying they aren't heavy favourites.

And we all love calling you guys chokers because it ****** you off so much. It's just fun to watch the huge reels of stats rolled out time and time again by yet another irrate Kiwi.

[/b]

It's called tall Poppy syndrom...If your on top your most hated

[/b]

:lol:

My sentiments exactly.
At the end of the day it's just a bit of friendly banter on our behalf.
We mean you no ill.

<div class='quotemain'>if sa can match their form at home when the play against england this is a no brainer but obviously this is a huge if. not resting players had nothing to do with physcolocial advantage he wanted his team to be ready for the 3nations and then made changes against samoa to give key players a rest the week before the aussie game. south africas fowards will be better around the field and at lineouts their concern will be an unstable scrum. wilkinson isn't going to miraculously make england good again.they still have no midfield and a lack of direction with ball in hand(unless kicking).if they win against sa it'll be through penalties. [/b]

Yeah, SA have a big advantage in the backrow, but then England have Delagllio to screw up everyone's plans. The SA scrum is good, it's just that other teams have enough to hold it, and SA get a bit lost when that happens. England will front up there, and probably in the lineout as well.

Jonny doesn't need to be miraculous at 10 - give him decent ball and he'll do what he's always done.

SA's big problem is nobody at home in the 10 position.

I'm guessing NOT a no brainer, whichever SA team turns up. [/b][/quote] eng are not good enough to win this match. delagllio is not going to win them the loosie battle schaulk will destroy him.if the sa scrum was good it would have destroyed aussies scrum. johnny needs to excellent because the rest of the backs are dodgie defensively.

I'll be the first Kiwi to put my hand up an say... this is not going to be over till it's over.

I'll be the first Kiwi to put my hand up an say... this is not going to be over till it's over.

[/b]
your no fun. wheres the confidence. you presumably support the abs so surely you think we'll win.

<div class='quotemain'> I'll be the first Kiwi to put my hand up an say... this is not going to be over till it's over.

[/b]
your no fun. wheres the confidence. you presumably support the abs so surely you think we'll win. [/b][/quote]

Dumbo is confident without being arrogant....

The favorite to win for me are the All Blacks...but they proved last weekend that they are not perfect and have a lot of work to do. It is going to be one hell of a world cup...I hope the Americans put up a good fight, but they have a big hill to climb in the pool they are in to get to the next round

I really think England can beat the Saffas in their pool match. With Wilkinson, and a better set of forwards than they had in their southern tour last month, I can see them winning.

The loser of that match will have an extremely tough road to the final.

But the winner will either be Nthe All Blacks or Australia.

I really think England can beat the Saffas in their pool match. With Wilkinson, and a better set of forwards than they had in their southern tour last month, I can see them winning.

The loser of that match will have an extremely tough road to the final.

But the winner will either be Nthe All Blacks or Australia.

[/b]
i think you underate the saffas remember this is an ordinary english team i know sa only came away 1-1 in the last proper series but sa left some players at home and haven't used their top team often this year. what puzzles me is how they seem to be two different teams one in south africa when they can beat anyone and another when they go to the nh or even nz/aus where they drop to the englishs level. i guess thinking about that i shouldn't write them but i kow sa should win.

It will most likely be New Zealand. Can't see them not going all the way this time around.

It will most likely be New Zealand. Can't see them not going all the way this time around. [/b]
i got called arrogant for suggesting that but i totally agree.

If England did it i can`t see why France couldn `t do it yet. They are much more in entretainment, flair, and the have such a rebel spirit and passion, that makes me think of them conquering the Web Ellis Trophy.

Their only problem is their temperament could betray them in big stages.

Their only problem is their temperament could betray them in big stages. [/b]

That's what is great about games for all the marbles -- so much depends on the mental makeup of each player that particular day.

If my life depended on picking the winner, NZ is the safe pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts