• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why the final 3 games are not played at the same time?

sigesige00

Bench Player
According to the fixtures,

Saturday 16th March 2013

Italy v Ireland 14:30
Wales v England 17:00
France v Scotland 20:00

But I cannot understand this. The last games must be played at the same time, like normal league games.
By this, the teams who play later has advantage.

So I can drink from 2pm onwards and cos of that re watch the last game cos I was blotto'd

The Six Nations doesn't pretend to have the "notion of fairness" that a long club season has with home and away games and earning a home quarter/semi from the table and all finishing fixtures at the same time etc. And since it's a cup, that's not important as long as there isn't systematic bias built in to the scheduling. It's more important that the commercial aspect of the Six Nations is maximised, as it is good for the continuation of the Six Nations and for the health of rugby in the participating nations. Putting all the final matches on at the same time would cut a lot of money out of the potential TV revenue I believe.

Most supporters of clubs would go to see the game in person, so few people miss out on watching the game they want to watch. But more people watch the 6N on TV than in person, so I think it's important that we keep it so that they can watch all of the games.

So everyone will be able to enjoy seeing France claim the wooden spoon? :D

.....shad ap wid-eh your-eh moooooouth-eh !
Btw, you're getting it ! ;) we're beating Ireland and Scotland, and you're losing the next two.

So people can watch every one of them.

yes....yes I quite like that reply. It seems like that is why the final 3 games are not played simultaneously, very much so.

According to the fixtures,

Saturday 16th March 2013

Italy v Ireland 14:30
Wales v England 17:00
France v Scotland 20:00

But I cannot understand this. The last games must be played at the same time, like normal league games.
By this, the teams who play later has advantage.
Because the only teams who had a shot at winning it was playing against each other. The other games was for pride

Yeah, 8hrs of rugby (plus 2hrs build up and 2hrs (minimum) after-game time) is the busiest day of the year for most pubs in Wales. :)

So I can drink from 2pm onwards and cos of that re watch the last game cos I was blotto'd

This is the main reason. Not all the crap about people watching all 3. It's to have an excuse to drink for 8 hours straight ;)

Latest posts