• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Winning Eleven: PES 2007

Awesome - Can't wait for this game. Not sure about the increased focus on attack as I always thought PES5 was well balanced. We'll have to wait and see, but I haven't been let down by the pro evo series yet. The 360 screens that were released a while back look amazing.

Anyone got any idea on how many/which teams are licensed?

Originally posted by toup@May 30 2006, 11:30 AM

Anyone got any idea on how many/which teams are licensed?
Good question.

I fear another year of waiting for Liverpool to be licensed, sadly.

I don't care about licenses... I just want to be able to play PES in widescreen!

I saw some screenshots from the PS2 version on one of those import games sites... seemed to be a few licensed teams knocking about in those. May well try to find them again a bit later on.

I assume all of last year's licenses will be retained so hopefully they will build upon that! I know obviously it's the gameplay that brings us back year after year, but a complete set of licenses would be a massive bonus...

To say it would own FIFA even more if it had all the licenses is an understatement!

Thats what makes me buy fifa over pes year on year, the licences are such a bugbear for me. I just hate unlicensed games. There may be a case to buy both next year if pes is agreeable.

BM

Makes me laugh how for years the fanboys banged on "how they don't need lisences", yet now their foaming at the mouth with the prospect.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 31 2006, 05:58 PM
Makes me laugh how for years the fanboys banged on "how they don't need lisences", yet now their foaming at the mouth with the prospect.
When you're already hooked by the best sports game around, why not look forward to the one thing that could improve it?

Pro Evo > FIFA.

End of.

For proper football there's no contest.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 31 2006, 07:45 PM
Sensi Soccer > Pro Evo
Do smeg off.

That's like saying Wolfenstein 3D > Call of Duty.

In that it's not.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 31 2006, 05:58 PM
Not this fanboy - it's a great game but it DOES need licenses.

pes is simply the best football game out, its the most responsive and by far the most realistic.

its not the case of being a fanboy as you say, its the case that the only major overhaul to improve pes would be licenses. whereas fifa needs to overhaul the whole engine and start again asap.

doesnt that article say that pes (winning eleven etc) has some licenses this year?

there's more liscenses than any other year - i presume they never lose liscenses - they always gain an extra few annually.

Being an aussie with this debate is very easy

I havent a clue what the real jerseys look like - except a select few in the PL.............thus after the name changes, the game feels as authentic as ever, if ur from down under, and so naive the world game

of course all this will change after we win the WC :bleh!:

p.s can someone tell me if chelsea were liscnsed last year - i kind of remember them having what looked like a proper jersey with authentic sponsors etc......this is the kind of thing i am not familiar with thus the lack of liscenses aint a biggy, as long as i have the proper names edit template off www.pesinsight.com........and from then on annually, a quick port of the edit file into the new edition - my PES next gen campaign is about to come to fruition....and for anyone to bark like a ***** "oh but it doesnt have the proper names blah blah" well f*** you lazyass....i got the edit file in the HD, it takes 3 hrs to get it right, and then ur set for life.....then u have gaming utopia :bleh!:

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 1 2006, 12:06 AM

p.s can someone tell me if chelsea were liscnsed last year
Yes. Chelsea and Arsenal were the only fully licensed English sides.

oh yeah baby

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?***le=Pro+...298dcb5a50e58a8

edit - they are PS2 shots