• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wishlist

This game only need a new match engine .. why not speak toe the guys from rugby dynasty for there 3d match engine it is brilliant

Some of the things I'd like to see are the implementation of dual contracts and TV rights helping to increase the salary cap. A more detailed attribute list, better interaction with the players and the possibility of players becoming coaches when they retire.

Things that is a must for the next version :
Overall the match engine it is boring need more loose play your opponent will never wait for your defence to be in place before playing from a ruck when a player is tackled and the ball is secured let play go on .. interceptions ... knock on advantage not stop the play and turnover ... advantage play from offside or high tackles ... less offloads my props think they are sbw in this game ... better AI and teams should play to their strengths ... player types ... like morne steyn is a kicking 10 and pollard a running 10 ... let the type of player you pick determine how your team plays ... more stats !!!! Missed tackles ... tackles made ... prnalties conceaded an won ... better rucking system.. if i pick frans louw i want more turnovers ... ( if player is on form) ... junior world cup ... changing of calbire ... player start as amuteur and game time and performance determine wether he goes up or down .

It is totally unrealistic and unfair to expect a Football Manager type game, even though I am sure Alternative Soft are aiming to eventually expand to that level. Having said that, there are many things in Football Manager and its predecessor that work well and in my opinion would be worth copying.

Any of you who have spent any time on the editor for Football Manager will realise that everything imaginable has a rating. Players, coaches, physios, scouts, stadiums, youth facilities, youth potential for each club, youth potential for each country, game importance by country etc etc. In order to add unpredictability, inexperienced players and coaches often have a random potential rating.

What is great about all of this is that when playing Football Manager, I really feel that all the other computer controlled teams are battling and affected by the same ratings as me: They are also in a facilities and youth arms race, they are also constricted by the size of the game and quality of the youth in the country in question, despite their efforts to boost their own facilities. It feels like real life in that sense. At the moment, Rugby Union Team Manager hasn't captured this in my opinion. I have high hopes though, as the love for rugby is evident in the great game released last year.

Another thing. This has been mentioned before by several people, but I feel there needs to be more random elements when it comes to youth progression and indeed the quality of youth intake. All the facilities in the world shouldn't guarantee brilliant players and it should also be possible for a tiny club to unleash a legend! Players also decline quite predictably at the moment.

I wonder whether an average club with average coaches etc should yield improvements along the lines of:

Any attribute for a player under 24 has a 60% chance of increasing, 30% chance of staying the same, and 10% chance of decreasing each season.
Any attribute for a playeraged 24-28 has a 50% chance of increasing, 30% chance of staying the same, and 20% chance of decreasing each season.
Any attribute for a playeraged 28-32 has a 30% chance of increasing, 40% chance of staying the same, and 30% chance of decreasing each season.
Any attribute for a player over 32 has a 10% chance of increasing, 40% chance of staying the same, and 50% chance of decreasing each season.

Better or worse facilities could of course affect the increases / decreases slightly and mental, physical and technical attributes might behave differently from each other (e.g. mental attributes might have a greater chance of improving than physical attributes for old players). Anyway, that's just an idea. It might allow for a few players to never quite fulfill high potential as well as other players to be late bloomers and/or maintain their ability at the end of their careers. Of course, most players probably would statistically end up following some sort of shallow bell curve, but there would be room for much variation. In Football Manager, the variability of players and their development allows for unpredictability, resulting in good and bad surprises.

There are many other things that people have mentioned, but an improved editor would be great, as would the amalgamation of domestic teams which have a Super Rugby parent team, with that Super Rugby parent team (the players are basically the same in most cases after all e.g. Western Province and The Stormers). Licensing for the SH teams would be wicked, but of course, may not be possible or an area Alternative Soft wish to pursue.

Last edited:
Hi Greg,

Many thanks for your kind comments about Rugby Union Team Manager 2015, and especially for all your ideas for a new version of RUTM.
It is really appreciated, and we will be certainly looking at both your ideas and those of Johns for a new version of RUTM.
We really could not progress with RUTM, without yours, and all the other fans of the game, continued support of RUTM.

Have a Great Christmas and New Year from all the team here at Alternative Software.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Latest posts