• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Working and Living in Spain

Q

QLD

I am taking a gap year and want to live and work in Spain for 3-5 months. I need help desperately from anyone here who might have any knowledge on how to find a job/program, where I can have fun and have a good experience. A lot of these programs supply 3 meals a day, accommodation and small pocket money but their is a fee of around $1000 to do programs like hospitality or teaching English.

I can't give you any links but I can suggest:

Ibiza. In case you don't know it's a party island near Valencia where throughout our Summer (May - August) it is packed full of 18-30 year old Brits on holiday for Sun, Sea, Sand, Sex and Sangria. It's home to some of the most famous clubs in the world (including Privelege, the biggest), and has some of the best DJs as residents for the whole summer.

If you go as a club rep, you'll get paid to work for the tourism industry there, which will mean promoting for clubs, giving info to holiday makers, leading tour groups, and a whole load of other stuff. Obviously while there you'll get to party like f*** as well. Spanish is useful but non-essential since most of the people you'd deal with are Brits.

I went there on holiday a couple years back and Thomas Cook were very helpful, so you might want to try them for jobs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 14 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can't give you any links but I can suggest:

Ibiza. In case you don't know it's a party island near Valencia where throughout our Summer (May - August) it is packed full of 18-30 year old Brits on holiday for Sun, Sea, Sand, Sex and Sangria. It's home to some of the most famous clubs in the world (including Privelege, the biggest), and has some of the best DJs as residents for the whole summer.

If you go as a club rep, you'll get paid to work for the tourism industry there, which will mean promoting for clubs, giving info to holiday makers, leading tour groups, and a whole load of other stuff. Obviously while there you'll get to party like f*** as well. Spanish is useful but non-essential since most of the people you'd deal with are Brits.

I went there on holiday a couple years back and Thomas Cook were very helpful, so you might want to try them for jobs.[/b]

Ibiza sounds great. Any coastal town would be mint.

Do you have any more information on club rep and how I would research that. And whats Thomas Cook

I'd like to live and work in Spain with great pleasure

Can anybody take me there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ibiza is not mint.
You really have to enjoy that kind of 18-30 scene to want to work there as a club rep; you have to have the stomach for doing **** loads of shots, have late nights and then be up the next morning.
It sounds horrific to me, but a bunch of my mates have done it (the ones who like that scene) and say it's amazing.

I know a girl who works out in spain, she hops around from town to town working with a construction company.
I'll ask her if she has any info for you.
It could be quite different for you considering your not part of the EU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Feb 14 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd like to live and work in Spain with great pleasure

Can anybody take me there? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]

I've seen your holiday photos Lekso!

You spend too much time burying your mates in the sand and then covering them in penises sculpted out of yet more sand!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 15 2010, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ibiza is not mint.
You really have to enjoy that kind of 18-30 scene to want to work there as a club rep; you have to have the stomach for doing **** loads of shots, have late nights and then be up the next morning.
It sounds horrific to me, but a bunch of my mates have done it (the ones who like that scene) and say it's amazing.

I know a girl who works out in spain, she hops around from town to town working with a construction company.
I'll ask her if she has any info for you.
It could be quite different for you considering your not part of the EU.[/b]

I forgot to say I have Irish citizenship so I can work anywhere in the EU. Construstion would be great as well, working as a labourer or anything. Would love any information!

Just out of curiosity, why go to Spain if all you're going to meet are British people? If you're going to travel and work in another country, it seems more logical to go to areas where tourism isn't the only source of income, or am I just wrong now?

I'll ask my cousin if she knows of any organisations that offer something like that, that is if I can get hold of her.

Latest posts