• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World 13 Announced

Hmmmm hard to disagree i suppose but its obviously not the World 13 from the TN is it (Volcano didnt play a game).

If its going by form this year players who were unlucky to miss out would be Benji, Webb, maybe even Stacey on later form. Johns always makes sides no matter how average he was in the TN or how many weeks he misses. Really never seen anything good from Cunningham (obviously) but he looks like a prop in a hookers body.

Cunningham was a shoe in for that; he's been sensational all season and I thought that he was the best hooker in the tournament by a mile. How bad though, was Buderus? He looks huge but that's just raw muscle. The guy is a monster.

Johns always gets in even though he missed half the season and was rubbish for Warrington.

Rugby league World XIII 2005:
A Minichiello (Australia); B Tate (Australia), M Gasnier (Australia), M Cooper (Australia); L Vainikolo (New Zealand); D Lockyer (Australia), A Johns (Australia); S Fielden (Great Britain), K Cunningham (Great Britain), R Wiki (New Zealand), C Fitzgibbon (Australia), J Peacock (Great Britain), B Kennedy (Australia).

cooper?...i thought(without any bias)..whaturiwa was best centre this year,he outplayed both those centres in the nrl playoffs and was very consistant all year...and had a superb trinations

just coz he aint as flash,defense wins games and his defense won most of the games for the tigers and was and had great influence for the kiwis

otherwise....the best team this year was the kiwis...we got the silver ware to proov it

blah

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 4 2005, 12:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 4 2005, 12:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Dec 2 2005, 10:09 PM
He looks like a prop in a hookers body.
That doesn't make sense. [/b]
makes sence when you are walking down k'rd and you see a hooker in a props body
<

How can you look like a hooker, yet still look like a prop. It's a contradiction in itself. Wally's head now explodes.

Originally posted by philbe@Dec 4 2005, 12:20 PM
that team is rubbish
yeah i know aye!

my mates and i could thrash them at backyard league anyday...

disgraceful team really considering the kiwis form in the tri nations and the form of marshall whaturia in the grand final wining team in the nrl. this is a complete stuff up and is a disgrace to international league. should have been way more than 2 kiwis in the team. although no suprise really nz are always shafted in the the international gmae

Originally posted by sambad5+Dec 4 2005, 11:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Dec 4 2005, 11:26 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-philbe
@Dec 4 2005, 12:20 PM
that team is rubbish
yeah i know aye!

my mates and i could thrash them at backyard league anyday... [/b]
what a ugly critter ***o is......you must be gay or bloodnut yourself

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 4 2005, 12:51 AM
How can you look like a hooker, yet still look like a prop. It's a contradiction in itself. Wally's head now explodes.
It was badly worded, lol. What i mean't to say was he looks like a prop but he plays at Hooker.

Originally posted by philbe@Dec 4 2005, 11:20 AM
that team is rubbish
I'd like to see you pick a better one. There is no one New Zealand player that deserves a Test spot other then the one that was mentioned except possibly the Tigers centre. When the NRL season starts next year everything will go back to normal - the Warriors will suck and Australia will win games by 30 points again.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 4 2005, 08:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 4 2005, 08:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-philbe
@Dec 4 2005, 11:20 AM
that team is rubbish
I'd like to see you pick a better one. There is no one New Zealand player that deserves a Test spot other then the one that was mentioned except possibly the Tigers centre. When the NRL season starts next year everything will go back to normal - the Warriors will suck and Australia will win games by 30 points again. [/b]
hence why the kiwis shouldnt get near the team of the year in the helburgs nz team of the year. they were lucky. australia will always dominate rugby league - or at least for a very very long time. comments like "the kiwis will beat us more frequently" and sure we will, but instead of having a 10:1 ratio it will be a 9:2 win loss ratio etc...

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 4 2005, 07:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 4 2005, 07:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-philbe
that team is rubbish
I'd like to see you pick a better one. There is no one New Zealand player that deserves a Test spot other then the one that was mentioned except possibly the Tigers centre. When the NRL season starts next year everything will go back to normal - the Warriors will suck and Australia will win games by 30 points again. [/b]
what colour is the sky in your world ?

The best players in the NRL are kiwis....we are taking over

Originally posted by philbe+Dec 4 2005, 09:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (philbe @ Dec 4 2005, 09:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Dec 4 2005, 07:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-philbe
that team is rubbish

I'd like to see you pick a better one. There is no one New Zealand player that deserves a Test spot other then the one that was mentioned except possibly the Tigers centre. When the NRL season starts next year everything will go back to normal - the Warriors will suck and Australia will win games by 30 points again.

The best players in the NRL are kiwis....we are taking over [/b]
Sonny Boy Williamson had a good run in 2004 - but he had next to no impact this year. When Benji Marshall wasn't too busy kissing boys he was carving up games - I'll give you this one but he's yet to prove he can do it again. Karmichael Hunt has potential but he is not a player of high quality yet - he's a Queenslander now anyway. The Tigers' centre, Wiki and Rauhihi are quality players too, but don't have the same impact of blokes like Tate, Webcke and Price when they are all at the top of their game.

So that's barely seven Kiwis that I can think of that even have a slight impact on the NRL. Keep dreaming 'mayt.'

@wally
the warriors may suck yes but if you hadn't of noticed kiwis like marshall and whaturia shock horror play for the tigers not the warriors.
there defintely should have been more kiwis in the team especially marshall and whaturia they were in a grand final wining team and in whaturia's case also part of wining the tri nations.

For crying out loud how much more do kiwis have to do than the others to get noticed it seems like wining a grand final and wining the tri nations is not enough.

I suppose we should be grateful that we even got 2 in the team. this team is an absoulete farce and does not accurately represent the form showen this year.

Originally posted by philbe+Dec 4 2005, 03:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (philbe @ Dec 4 2005, 03:12 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sambad5@Dec 4 2005, 11:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-philbe
@Dec 4 2005, 12:20 PM
that team is rubbish

yeah i know aye!

my mates and i could thrash them at backyard league anyday...
what a ugly critter ***o is......you must be gay or bloodnut yourself [/b]
just because you dont have a theme

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 4 2005, 09:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 4 2005, 09:15 PM)</div>
Originally posted by philbe@Dec 4 2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Wally@Dec 4 2005, 07:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-philbe
that team is rubbish

The best players in the NRL are kiwis....we are taking over
Sonny Boy Williamson had a good run in 2004 - but he had next to no impact this year. When Benji Marshall wasn't too busy kissing boys he was carving up games - I'll give you this one but he's yet to prove he can do it again. Karmichael Hunt has potential but he is not a player of high quality yet - he's a Queenslander now anyway. The Tigers' centre, Wiki and Rauhihi are quality players too, but don't have the same impact of blokes like Tate, Webcke and Price when they are all at the top of their game.

So that's barely seven Kiwis that I can think of that even have a slight impact on the NRL. Keep dreaming 'mayt.' [/b]
Dene Halatau was one of the best players this year/ this NRL final series, Wiki was one of the form props this NRL year/tri series,Vatuvai surely the best winger in the tri series.

It is the young "up and coming" kiwis that will come to the fore in the next few years that you have to be worried about, the current kiwi side full of relative "unknowns" is proof of the depth of quality players we are now producing.

Latest posts