• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup 2019 kits

Irish one ? ....not sure about that

images

A better shot of the new Welsh one:

upload_2019-7-6_16-1-48.jpeg

... and what it'll look like after the World Cup with the sponsor and sans the tournament logo:

upload_2019-7-6_16-1-8.jpeg

I think it looks a lot nicer Thant the World Cup one.

I think it looks a lot nicer Thant the World Cup one.

Agreed, really like the "normal" one. I think it's the three badges together that spoils it, under armour one surely could have been placed elsewhere?

On a separate forum someone linked to Forest Green Rovers (soccer club) new kit which is made from bamboo mix as it's much more environmentally friendly because it replaces the plastics which feature heavily in sport shirts. Looks nice too. Wonder if rugby could follow suit? Good PR as well.

Attachments

• D-s4GxpWwAApgFl.jpeg
    D-s4GxpWwAApgFl.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 4
  • D-tC8UvX4AAoNhH.jpeg
    D-tC8UvX4AAoNhH.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 3
  • D-tTle5XYAExr4g.jpeg
    D-tTle5XYAExr4g.jpeg
    768.4 KB · Views: 3
Agreed, really like the "normal" one. I think it's the three badges together that spoils it, under armour one surely could have been placed elsewhere?

On a separate forum someone linked to Forest Green Rovers (soccer club) new kit which is made from bamboo mix as it's much more environmentally friendly because it replaces the plastics which feature heavily in sport shirts. Looks nice too. Wonder if rugby could follow suit? Good PR as well.

Agreed on the three badge thing... and very interesting about the bamboo weave too.

Disappointing to see Canterbury go back to their cookie cutter approach to kit design - everyone gets the same one just with the colours switched out.

Considering they're one of the biggest rugby brands around (I think they do Cricket as well, but rugby is their bread and butter) you'd have thought they'd put a bit more effort in to their kits.

Disappointing to see Canterbury go back to their cookie cutter approach to kit design - everyone gets the same one just with the colours switched out.

Considering they're one of the biggest rugby brands around (I think they do Cricket as well, but rugby is their bread and butter) you'd have thought they'd put a bit more effort in to their kits.

Agreed but it wouldn't be quite so bad if their current 'template' wasn't so basic also.

Last edited:
The best England top they ever made was the special centenary one for a game against Wales a few years back, I tried to buy one but they were instantly sold out.
Yes perfect. I love the off white, 'cotton' look. The SA change jersey look a great colour.
Perhaps England could have that colour with dark navy trim rather than red, as the home kit, with a change kit in the same design in red with white trim.

Agree. Always loathed the 'template' approach to kit design. It's one of the main reasons I've been incredibly pleased with under armour as the Welsh kit maker, they always appear to put a huge amount of effort into making something custom without resorting to anything overly gimmicky. A shame that this will be their last kit.

I like the welsh one. Despite being basically red/green, there's lots of subtle detailing going on which looks great imo.

Agree. Always loathed the 'template' approach to kit design. It's one of the main reasons I've been incredibly pleased with under armour as the Welsh kit maker, they always appear to put a huge amount of effort into making something custom without resorting to anything overly gimmicky. A shame that this will be their last kit.

I like the welsh one. Despite being basically red/green, there's lots of subtle detailing going on which looks great imo.

I'll be gutted to see the Under Armour deal conclude too, who would you 'like' to be our new partner. Apparently we had the 5 'big' brands (not entirely sure of who they all are) at the Principality Stadium for the Oz and SA autumn internationals and the two home 6 Nations games this year. That's about as good a sell as Wales could ever hope to have to entice decent bids.

I'll be gutted to see the Under Armour deal conclude too, who would you 'like' to be our new partner. Apparently we had the 5 'big' brands (not entirely sure of who they all are) at the Principality Stadium for the Oz and SA autumn internationals and the two home 6 Nations games this year. That's about as good a sell as Wales could ever hope to have to entice decent bids.

big 5?...CCC, Adidas, BLK...would Asics make the cut now days? they do both aussie and RSA.....not sure who else

Adidas has the "Parley" range of training and supporter gear, made from recovered ocean plastics, i've seen several of the big football clubs and the AB's all release ranges

https://www.adidas.com.au/parley

Nike are out of rugby arent they, only honoring the Argentinian contracts, thoughts they had dropped everyone else

Nike are out of rugby arent they, only honoring the Argentinian contracts, thoughts they had dropped everyone else

Your probably right... well Wales have never had Canterbury (and I just love their retro stuff) but as many have mentioned above their current trade is both unimaginative and ugly.

I do like the Asics shirts, particularly the Ozzie aboriginal one... so I'd be quite happy if they won the bid.

Honestly not sure. I don't think anyone else will put in the same effort as under armour. Canterbury would probably be bottom of my list though.

Honestly not sure. I don't think anyone else will put in the same effort as under armour. Canterbury would probably be bottom of my list though.

Yeah their output of late isn't great... and I know these new kits made from engineered composite fabrics which are positively charged and designed to keep the muscles warm while keeping the body temperature cool... yadda yadda yadda!

But what I'd give for an old school Canterbury range for Wales (I'm talking like early 90's or earlier). About 15 years ago Emporium in Cardiff started selling old Canterbury stuff, think it was called the classic range or something to that effect. It was damn expensive... but gorgeous, bought a load of it but it doesn't fit like it used to if you know what I'm saying ;).

Latest posts