• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Forum Awards

Best- Alpha (could just as easily have been Bushy but he's already nominated)
Drunkest- Derpus, although I think most people put in a claim at some point or another
Saltiest- I did my best in the Japan thread, has to be Smartcooky though
Best newcomer- Cooper
Worst newcomer - a lot of contenders here (including about 50 people who signed up to have a go at the english yesterday), the Scottish guy takes the cake though (can't remember his name).
Saddest- tie between me and alpha surely
Most insightful- Olly
Deluded- kinda with Alpha in that the Irish deserve this collectively, Spartan32 deserves a nomination though

Best- Alpha (could just as easily have been Bushy but he's already nominated)
Drunkest- Derpus, although I think most people put in a claim at some point or another
Saltiest- I did my best in the Japan thread, has to be Smartcooky though
Best newcomer- Cooper
Worst newcomer - a lot of contenders here (including about 50 people who signed up to have a go at the english yesterday), the Scottish guy takes the cake though (can't remember his name).
Saddest- tie between me and alpha surely
Most insightful- Olly
Deluded- kinda with Alpha in that the Irish deserve this collectively, Spartan32 deserves a nomination though

Geez... A bit harsh on Smartcooky aren't you? He only posted in the NZ vs. SA thread during the whole World Cup.

I'd give him the delusional award too. His tantrum was priceless. Calling everyone who disagreed with him a nz hater, after that win, was nothing short of mental. Tinfoil hat material.

Big shout to @TRF_heineken who does all the silent work. Not sure he gets the credit he deserves. He should get something.
+1,000

Geez... A bit harsh on Smartcooky aren't you? He only posted in the NZ vs. SA thread during the whole World Cup.
He did completely lose it though, and it was bizarre cause it came from an established poster instead of a drunk newbie. And to be honest I couldn't think of anyone else, most of the discussion was reasonable.

And yeah, agree with that sentiment as well, fairplay @TRF_heineken

Best- A few decent posters tbf. But even though I've never really had to much discussion with him, his great use of memes in threads kept me amused. @bushytop

Drunkest- TommiG88 He witnessed Southampton get hammered 9-0 then proceeded to get annihilated before and during the NZ game the following day. Do you remember buying that bottle of wine yet?

Saltiest- Probably one of the newcomers that pipped up to accuse the English of arrogance when no one had even thought about England winning. I don't remember your names

Best newcomer- Cooper, listen. You've got yourself a copy and paste here, and you've been ok chap. Mainly because I can't remember any others.

Worst newcomer (or return) - VC. HAS to be an alias of one of those salty Welsh posters that briefly got a dial up internet connection to laugh at England. I still miss you x

Saddest- Some massive Irish sadness. Give this to Alpha, or Leinster fan. Pick an Irish poster. You will come back strong tho chaps :)

Most insightful- Olly. Your points are all normal, which is odd on a forum like this.

Deluded- Me. I think we're all deluded.

Last edited:
Just wanna make an honourable mention to James5000 for most saltiest. Dunno if he went for anyone else but post the final he decided to dislike all my posts regardless of what I said (some stuff I expect it sometimes). Hadn't even said anything to him either since before the match although it was certainly and exchange.

I still have to go for smartcooky though because we haven't seen an internet strop like that for a while on here.

I would like to nominate Goodey for most insightful. His perspective on certain things was a breath of fresh air.

Spam cleaner was the real MVP
wweYUsE.png

All these people picking Olyy as most insightful.

Cause he's a mod and you are all brown noses
Nah, they're all brown nosing Heineken - saying he's doing all this unseen work when he's making the match threads which is all SEEN work.

It's a goddamn attempted coup.

Best Poster: I'll join the Bushy love-in, why not.

Drunkest Poster: TommyG88, pretty sure he set this up specifically to give himself this award though

Saltiest Poster: smartcooky, that was some world class toy throwing. I really want to hear his acceptance speech when he wins this

Best Newcomer: Goodey. Does returner count as new?

Worst Newcomer: A few good ones, trouble is I don't remember most of their names. KK Brown I mentioned earlier in the thread, let's go with him

Saddest Poster: The Alpha Bro

Most Insightful: themole25, for someone relatively new to the sport I'm always impressed by his understanding

Most Deluded: Umaga's Witness re: Farrellhollywoodgate. Sorry buddy, as I said at the time I don't disrespect you as a poster but that was a bit deluded

Latest posts