• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Group C

I actually think that England did pretty OK after losing those 3 quick wickets- they looked well set for 240+ while Pietersen and Collingwood were going. Then both chuck it away in rather soft fashion- pretty in-inspiring stuff.

Great closing out by Styris and Oram- just goes to show what can be done if you keep your patience and weather the early storms on these Caribbean wickets. Once the ball`s gone past about 10 overs, it`s just plain flat out there- most teams should be able to capitalise and cash in big-time in the last 15, provided they keep wickets in hand, something for which Pietersen and Collingwood should take a lot of blame here IMO.

Well Flintoff has been dropped following his antics in the pedalo. Bopara takes his place, it's handy for Vaughan that it's the Canadian match today and not the Kenyan otherwise I doubt he would have taken the moral highground.

Yet again Vaughan makes a start and certainly looked set to make a big score but he's gifted his wicket to the Canadians there, England 101-1

England spluttering along in this one against Canada, only 191-4 with 9 overs left, Pietersen was out cheaply which would always diminish England's chance of a big total, they still should get enough to win this match but playing like this in the Super 8 won't get them very far.

Andrew Flintoff has had the vice captaincy taken off him as a result of his pedalo incident. Others involved were James Anderson, Liam Plunkett and Jon Lewis, batsman Ian Bell and wicket-keeper Paul Nixon who went to a nightclub after the game in St Lucia on Friday. All of them have been fined.

Well, Eng will certainly have to up the ante if they hope to go through to the Super 8`s- they were really shite against Canada, and if they don`t show a marked improvement, the Kenyans might just cause Huge Upset no3 at this year`s CWC.

new zealand beat canada, though not very convincing with some bowling to address. Only bright spot in the bowling with Patel taking 3/23 or something like that (could have been more i am not feeling well)

batting looking strong though after putting up a decent score of 360 odd.

Looks like Tuffy did his bicep in again, can they bring over a new player? Gillespie still not fit, Mason bowling like a goober, Franklin erratic as always. Our bowling lineup looks like Bond, Franklin, Oram, Vettori and maybe Patel. Mainly keeping franklin in there because of his batting as he can hit the ball a fair way and get us home as a last resort.

McCullums fastest world cup 50 of 20 balls was good to see, though i liked Davidson's from Canada better, got them off to a great start.

I think if they replace him, he has to go home, and that it'll take 3 days for replacement to arrive...

big blow to new zealand losing vincent. And Tuffey shouldnt have gone over there anyway.

Latest posts