• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Group C

Looks like this is going to be a horrible WC. I'm gussing that the last WC was the peak of our cricketing prowess for the next 20-30 years.

fulton and mcmillian both fit to play, though fulton may miss out in the midlde order due to mcmillian being able to roll his arm over on the slow pitches.

Anderson seems to be the biggest worry for England after his broken finger, not sure why they'd really go with him though since they had more success in Australia with Plunkett and Mahmood.

Well he's been named in the team, passed a fitness test.

Team in full: Ed Joyce, Michael Vaughan, Ian Bell, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Jamie Dalrymple, Paul Nixon, Liam Plunkett, James Anderson, Monty Panesar.

NZ won the toss and decided to have a bowl after a thunder storm earlier this morning.

Soft dismissal for Joyce, Strauss must really be scratching his head to wonder what he's done to be dropped for Joyce.

he was having some bad luck and not scoring in any runs.

i just woke up, slept in :( only missed 9 overs though :)

i am hungry :

Looks like it was a very bad toss to lose. Our run rate's pitiful at the moment.

but you have only lost 2 wickets which is a good start. could have been 3.

its all about survival at the moement its doing a bit.

but you have only lost 2 wickets which is a good start. could have been 3.

its all about survival at the moement its doing a bit.
[/b]

I take your point but we need something we can defend too...if it dries out later you'll cruise it.

Vaughan just gone now, England really struggling, they must be one of the worst teams in the world for taking advantage of the power plays.

England offering up numerous chances, currently 133-4 off 35 Collingwood just out to Styris after the latter muffed a caught and bowled just a few balls ago. Pietersen looking good on 60.

EDIT - Turn it up Pietersens choked and chipped it down to mid on! 133-5

Holy **** Flintoff gone first ball!!! Bond 2 for 11 off 7 now Eng 134-6

England in tatters now, should be a fairly easy victory now for New Zealand as there's not much depth to England's batting unlike other teams.

Bit of a shame considering the white hot form they had in CB finals...

Gotta love the male cameramen and the sights they pick out in the crowd 2 :p

Man there's some talent in the crowd :yahoo:

And on the pitch Eng now 139-7

EDIT - Take a bow Shane Bond, 10-1-19-2

Decent recovery from England, looked to be struggling to make 150 so to get to 209-7 is a decent comeback. New Zealand still well in charge and should comfortably chase this down though.

and just as the players are coming out onto the pitch we loose our damn feed damnit. i have been up since 3am and i want some cricket.

power cut, damn there was a wicket.

damnit damnit damnit

then taylor goes

damnit damnit damnit
damnit damnit damnit
damnit damnit damnit
damnit damnit damnit

yeah, but i dont care about the catch i care about us not losing wickets

though flem and styris look in good form

k i might have cursed flem

you spoke too soon, Flemming gone after skying it to Joyce off Anderson, NZ 19-3

NZ end up winning with ease. shaky start to the chase but styris and big jake close tha game out pretty well.

england now have a crunch game against kenya to make it through to the super 8.

Latest posts