• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup on TV

H

-Helix-

Anyone (American or otherwise) heard about World Cup TV coverage here in the States yet? I can't find any information on it.

I don't expect a major network to pick it up but it'd be nice if atleast Versus or somebody picked it up.

I hope I'll get to watch it this year. :(

Satana or Santana??? I think they might...
[/b]

Unfortunately I don't have DirecTV, so I'm really hoping a cable network picks it up. Versus will miss a great opportunity if they don't pick it up. Though I'm surprised ESPN or somebody doesn't atleast pick up the USA games. Surely they could get decent ratings if they marketed it well like they did the FIFA World Cup. Unfortunately the American media thinks nobody cares about Rugby here. :(

i'm hoping Dish Network will at least pick up some PPV games for the RWC - i emailed them the other day and they had no info - Versus might be a possibility since they've recently covered the San Diego Sevens - ESPNU might also do something, believe they did the Churchill Cup last season - however i don't get Versus or ESPNU so i'm on the verge of forking out for Globecast and getting Setanta which will give me all the rugby i could ever want....

i'm hoping Dish Network will at least pick up some PPV games for the RWC - i emailed them the other day and they had no info - Versus might be a possibility since they've recently covered the San Diego Sevens - ESPNU might also do something, believe they did the Churchill Cup last season - however i don't get Versus or ESPNU so i'm on the verge of forking out for Globecast and getting Setanta which will give me all the rugby i could ever want....
[/b]

Yeah, Versus came free on my digital cable package so that's why I'm hoping they pick it up. Versus doesn't really have much to fill it's schedule anyway (whereas a channel like ESPN would no doubt be full already) which gives them a chance to do alot of indepth coverage - possibly showing every game. It's doubtful, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

I e-mailed Versus awhile ago about it but haven't gotten a reply.

Latest posts