• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Patch

With the permission of all the authors, I would like to make a big pack when everything is made (more or less) :)

I made something similar for BBC, but i don't know how to make the background transparent. If i could do that, i could make any logo in the game.

Yup, i have used that before and that's how i used to edit the logos for nba live, but how do you do it in photoshop.. do you know?

guys could i make a request?

TV3 World Cup logo and Sky Sport Logo. Is this possible?

I live in Italy, and unfortunately I have no idea how the TV3 world cup logo is. If you provide me with good pics, I'll see what I can do :)

Does anyone know if each competition has it's own?

I remember someone did a Super 14's one, so the premier rugby one can be changed to Guinness Premiership too.

The International one should have IRB Invesco Perpetual or the relevant TV for around the world.

Lets maybe name the stations that do it and we can make them.

Who broadcasts in these countries?

I can make all of them if i can get the transparency issue working in EAGE.

Australia
New Zealand
France
Italy
Argentina
England - ITVSport
Japan
South Africa

Any others please list..

Fa'atau, if you do them, thank you very much, considering I'm nobody compared to you. And if you want help for the transparency, you know where to find me.
And answering your question, I'm afraid there's only one TV logo for all the competitions, the logo I made showed up in exhibition AND world cup mode, and probably in the other ones too.

Gary, here are the TV broadcasters I managed to find. Hope it's what you needed :)

World = ESPN*
Europe = Eurosport*
Australia = Network Ten*; Fox Sports; Seven Network
New Zealand = TV3*; Prime Television New Zeland
France = TF1*; France 2; France 3; France 4; Canal+
Italy = Sky Italia*; La7
Argentina = ESPN+*; ESPN/Dos*
UK & Ireland = ITV 1*; S4C*: BBC; Sky Sports; Setanta Sports

(* means it broadcasts the World Cup)
[/b]

Thanks Ciais.

What i meant was that if we make the logos for different countries broadcasters, then people can download which one they want.

For example, you are Italian and the game would be much more realistic if the logo was from Italian TV than say, New Zealand.

I can find these logos and make them no sweat. Just means making 10 logos or so and you can download which ones you want.

I was also flirting with the idea for a Top 14 French League patch to replace Super 14.. could be interesting, but i'd have to duplicate teams so you can play Heineken Cup as well.

Thanks Ciais.

What i meant was that if we make the logos for different countries broadcasters, then people can download which one they want.

For example, you are Italian and the game would be much more realistic if the logo was from Italian TV than say, New Zealand.

I can find these logos and make them no sweat. Just means making 10 logos or so and you can download which ones you want.

I was also flirting with the idea for a Top 14 French League patch to replace Super 14.. could be interesting, but i'd have to duplicate teams so you can play Heineken Cup as well. [/b]

You're welcome dude, I owe you more than that :)
I understand what you mean, and I think it's a very good idea. But I didn't find anything about Japan (though I think it's ESPN) nor South Africa, unfortunately. If you need help for the italian ones, just ask, no strings attached.
A Top 14 French League would be very nice, it would be something different, good thinking (but I'd still prefer a Super 10 Italian league :D )
Keep up the good work :cheers:

Awesome Ciais no intro works perfectly don't have to watch that boring video anymore thanks alot. :)

Thanks Zimboy :)

Here's a massive update, it corrects A LOT of menu and in-game texts, including:

- competition names (Heineken Cup, ...)
- team names (Ospreys, Calvisano, Stade Francais, ...)
- stadium names (every stadium -- Fiji, Argentina, France, etc -- has its own name -- in some cases, however, some stadiums in "Play Now" have the club's names, there's no way to avoid that)
- many, many corrections in the menu texts

Just extract it in your main directory.
I decided to release it because it's universal, no matter what roster do you have, it works.

It's only for the english version of the game, don't know if i'll do it for the french one, it's a hard work doing it the same :blink:

http://www.badongo.com/file/4746749

Enjoy :D

Ciais.. when i make the background transparent in EAGE, i save it but it keeps the background. Any ideas why?

Latest posts