• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Patch

hello ciais
thank you to Update some stadiums, i tried to update too ,my files is french i see your file first good example but the perpignan stadium name (aimé giral) appears only heinekein cup in your file. others stadium are possible to change (nantes =labeaujoire, le parc = aguilera stade de paris= jean bouin....)but not found perpignan in the update file to a test match when we choose the stadium.
if you have a answer thank

@ william = that's a good idea, I'm doing it too, so in the end we can compare the files we have

@ pageski = the problem with some stadium names in play-now-mode is that some use the name of the club instead, especially the french ones. if you need help, just ask, ok?

@ fa'atau82 = few kits (if everything is fine for him, uli is doing them); minikits, logos, banners, etc; roster (IF black monday is still doing it, if not I'll start rolling up my sleeves and do it)

I'm finished doing RWC kits, i don't have 08 so i'm still playing 06 with old kits.

As for banners and logos, i am not a master of those, and i don't have the files. If i can make some logos for 06 i will see if they work for 08.

Just as a matter of interest, does 08 roster files work on woosaah's 06 editor.. if so, then maybe someone can send me the latest updated roster for 08 and i can edit it my end.

I'm just about to release my 06 roster update (i had to re-do both italian teams) and i have added Sisa Koyamaibole to Treviso.

All teams, but Super 14 are done now.

I was thinking as a bit of fun, replacing Super 14 with a World Clubs from Japan, Italy, Romania etc.

EA Rugby should have leagues in the game for Italy, France, Japan, Super 14 and a selection of World teams.

I'm finished doing RWC kits, i don't have 08 so i'm still playing 06 with old kits.

As for banners and logos, i am not a master of those, and i don't have the files. If i can make some logos for 06 i will see if they work for 08.

Just as a matter of interest, does 08 roster files work on woosaah's 06 editor.. if so, then maybe someone can send me the latest updated roster for 08 and i can edit it my end.

I'm just about to release my 06 roster update (i had to re-do both italian teams) and i have added Sisa Koyamaibole to Treviso.

All teams, but Super 14 are done now.

I was thinking as a bit of fun, replacing Super 14 with a World Clubs from Japan, Italy, Romania etc.

EA Rugby should have leagues in the game for Italy, France, Japan, Super 14 and a selection of World teams. [/b]

Not sure about woosaah's, but maybe if you install the 08 version too, you shouldn't have any problems
If you want to do the roster, we may do it together, I got up-to-date squads, lineups, kickers, face and commentary IDs for the WC sides (all I'm saying is that I've ALREADY got all this information, no need to do research :) )
You can try for the logos, I asked csrtt815 about it, but he didn't even give me an answer

I tried to modify the AI which controls the binding in the rucks.
It seems to me that the intensity is higher and it's quickier, but I'm not so sure, that's why I'm posting it.
Please try it and tell me if indeed something changes and what to do.
Thanks

http://www.speedyshare.com/717735617.html

Here's another version of the ruck binding AI
I doubled all the values, so there should be more intensity
Please tell me if it works or if it's useless

http://www.speedyshare.com/653848719.html
[/b]

Hi!
Great work! - i`m try it today.

Another question - is it a possible to correct drop-goal's difficulty ? Because IMHO it abnormal.

PS. Some of you patches deleted from fileshares - do you may upload it's again or email to me?

THANKS - in Russian it means SPASIBO :)

<div class='quotemain'>
Here's another version of the ruck binding AI
I doubled all the values, so there should be more intensity
Please tell me if it works or if it's useless

http://www.speedyshare.com/653848719.html
[/b]

Hi!
Great work! - i`m try it today.

Another question - is it a possible to correct drop-goal's difficulty ? Because IMHO it abnormal.

PS. Some of you patches deleted from fileshares - do you may upload it's again or email to me?

THANKS - in Russian it means SPASIBO :) [/b][/quote]

Here's the file for drop and place kicking, tell me what you think: http://www.speedyshare.com/192322699.html

As for the patches, which ones you need?

THANKS - in Russian it means SPASIBO :)

Here's the file for drop and place kicking, tell me what you think: http://www.speedyshare.com/192322699.html

As for the patches, which ones you need?
[/quote]

I'm cannot download following:
--beg--
- Version 3 (and hopefully last) of my texts update, the match texts are closer to the TV ones (for the world cup, at least):

- Little update in the World Cup schedule, I just corrected the time of the matches (eg: South Africa-England at night, games at Millennium under closed roof

- Some fixes in the crowd cheers, added some chants and similar
- I modified the highlights, now during half-time and full time they only show
--end--

Thank's for rapid answer - i'm surprised :)

Has tested your Your pathces on EA Rugby 2008:

rucks patch - no significant visual effect (but i'm take strong team - AB - can, the reason in it ?)

drop's patch - no any effect for drops - i'm try to play whith changing numbers in file - nothing. At last i simply copy section for "Easy mode" into section for "hard mode" - no effect again - target width for drop goal has remained same as initialy "hard mode" .
First, I'm thought that patch applyed incorrectly - but whei I put "logo patch" in main folder near Rugby08.exe and xml-files for drops and rucks - heiniken logo has appeared in the game.

What have I made not so? ;)

For the rucks patch, in my game I see more intensity in the binding, sometimes I got some backs doing it. It's primarily a visual effect, but sometimes you get a turnover

For the drops, I'll try changing the values, but for now only the place kicks are modified

And that's strange, because now I got 2 people, one says these AI patches work perfectly, the other one says they don't work at all... And I don't know which one is right, because FOR ME they work, but it's just a personal opinion, you know. And since nobody else told me if they work or not...

For the files you asked, I made a pack: http://www.speedyshare.com/114260371.html

Here's the corrected drop patch: http://www.speedyshare.com/689449837.html

Fasolin, the width of the drop indicator is that way because of the difficulty you choose, the position on the field, the player who kicks... I can only change the speed of the indicator, that's all, and now it's a bit more slow

For the place kicks, if you just miss the exact center of the accuracy zone, it won't go wild like before, but narrowly miss the post, or even go in goal instead, it depends on from what distance you kick (and I'm sure of this one, I tried and tried)

Here's the corrected drop patch: http://www.speedyshare.com/689449837.html

Fasolin, the width of the drop indicator is that way because of the difficulty you choose, the position on the field, the player who kicks... I can only change the speed of the indicator, that's all, and now it's a bit more slow
[/b]

Great Thank's! This patch better than old ;) Realy the indicator speed more slow.
Yesterday I have not considered exponential character of variables - and changed them in enough narrow bounds, and it was necessary to change much radically.

Now I shall try to unpack resources and to investigate xml - files-was possibly and I for the public good I shall make improvement:)

is there any way of making AI defence better?
its terrible really.. [/b]

Nothing that I know of. Try play with global editing in woosaah's, unfortunately this game isn't NHL (it's very easy to modify the total gameplay in that game)

<div class='quotemain'> is there any way of making AI defence better?
its terrible really.. [/b]

Nothing that I know of. Try play with global editing in woosaah's, unfortunately this game isn't NHL (it's very easy to modify the total gameplay in that game)
[/b][/quote]

I fluently looked through *.xml files - there there are options for standard combinations, do not remember, whether there are there defensive combinations and whether it applying to AI. I shall try now.

Good work Fasolin
I can send you all the updated-to-today AI patches I got on my pc (they're the ones I already posted, but I modified them since), so you can have a look at them, what do you think?

Good work Fasolin
I can send you all the updated-to-today AI patches I got on my pc (they're the ones I already posted, but I modified them since), so you can have a look at them, what do you think?
[/b]

Yes, I shall be rather glad. ;)
Please send to [email protected] - I shall look & test this AI improvements.

Shortly I plan adjust drop's patch - that was not too easily or too difficultly - and upload somewhere on a general review.

Latest posts