World Cup Qualifying Finals

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by SecondRow04, Jan 30, 2007.

1. SecondRow04

SecondRow04 Guest

The final matches that will decide the teams who will play in the world cup this year are...

Tonga v Korea

Portuagal v Uruguay

Whos gonna win??

Im saying Tonga and Uruguay

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Tonga and Portugal for myself!

4. I hope that Korea and Portugal are going to make it just to mix up the teams in the world cup, bbut my gut feeling tells me Uruguay and Tonga.

5. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Tonga I know should win.

Portugal are a team on the rise though, and they should be in with a realistic chance.

When are these games going to be played?

6. SecondRow04

SecondRow04 Guest

Date
    10/02/2007 Tonga V Korea
    10/03/2007 Portugal V Uruguay

7. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Are these 2 legged matches?

8. SecondRow04

SecondRow04 Guest

nope the winners go straight into the remaining pools

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

I'd take Portugal then in the second one, Tonga should be a formality but given that the Portugeuse have had relative success with the sevens this might be the time for them to get through to France.

10. DC

DC Guest

i think it'll be portugal and tonga, uruguay got destroyed in both matches vs the USA and i think portugal are a team and country on the rise, i think it would be tremendous for the sport if portugal get in.

11. SecondRow04

SecondRow04 Guest

Tonga are through to the world cup!!!

they beat Korea 85-3!

POOL A

England

South Africa

Samoa

USA

Tonga

:)

12. PeeJay

PeeJay Guest

The Portugal-Uruguay tie is two-legged. The first leg, with Portugal playing at home, is on March 10th, and the second leg is on 24th March.

13. SecondRow04

SecondRow04 Guest

Portuagal have won the first leg!!

12 - 5

14. ariannin

ariannin Guest

They certainly did, I saw the game on tv as I'm here in Argentina, it was on the same time as the Wales game. It was scoreless for the first 55 minutes and then Portugal scored off an intercepted pass, from their own try line, their other try was pretty impressive in terms of back play, then Uruguay managed to narrow the score in injury time. My own impression was that of the two teams, Uruguay will be better equipped to play in the world cup, their forwards seem much stronger. The Portuguese scrum was pushed all over the place, although they never actually lost possession this way, and their backs were certainly more creative. I can now understand why their 7's team has done so well for a smaller rugby nation.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!