• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Qualifying Finals

S

SecondRow04

The final matches that will decide the teams who will play in the world cup this year are...

Tonga v Korea

Portuagal v Uruguay

Whos gonna win??

Im saying Tonga and Uruguay

I hope that Korea and Portugal are going to make it just to mix up the teams in the world cup, bbut my gut feeling tells me Uruguay and Tonga.

Tonga I know should win.

Portugal are a team on the rise though, and they should be in with a realistic chance.

When are these games going to be played?

I'd take Portugal then in the second one, Tonga should be a formality but given that the Portugeuse have had relative success with the sevens this might be the time for them to get through to France.

i think it'll be portugal and tonga, uruguay got destroyed in both matches vs the USA and i think portugal are a team and country on the rise, i think it would be tremendous for the sport if portugal get in.

Tonga are through to the world cup!!!

they beat Korea 85-3!

POOL A

England

South Africa

Samoa

USA

Tonga

:)

Are these 2 legged matches?
[/b]
The Portugal-Uruguay tie is two-legged. The first leg, with Portugal playing at home, is on March 10th, and the second leg is on 24th March.

They certainly did, I saw the game on tv as I'm here in Argentina, it was on the same time as the Wales game. It was scoreless for the first 55 minutes and then Portugal scored off an intercepted pass, from their own try line, their other try was pretty impressive in terms of back play, then Uruguay managed to narrow the score in injury time. My own impression was that of the two teams, Uruguay will be better equipped to play in the world cup, their forwards seem much stronger. The Portuguese scrum was pushed all over the place, although they never actually lost possession this way, and their backs were certainly more creative. I can now understand why their 7's team has done so well for a smaller rugby nation.

Latest posts