• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League Brainstorming thread

The MUP 09 roster now works with the .rdf which is great news.. i had to use the old editor to save the .rdf and it works fine so far.

So, European Super League is now up and running.. with some more tweaking of the xmls and rsgs i can now give you a playable Top 12 (like Top 14) season, a GP season, and any other combination.

I will at some stage configure the final MUP 09 release so that you can simply install the TOP 14, GP, or the Magners League (with some extra teams) in a full season by installing the file you wish.

You can only play one full season before the promotion/relegation messes things up.. but that's better than nothing.

Update:

I tried the World League and it crashed after the first game i played when i choose continue (after the win bonus). So then i tried it with another team, and quit out of the first game and it DIDNT crash. Then i played the next game and it crashed. So i think that there is some xml/rsg editing to be done to make the WL run properly. There is probably some conflict. But the good news is that it does not crash every time.

I will try the original file, to find out if it is my xml that needs editing. Wish me luck!

Update:

I removed the world league rsg and it still crashes on the same screen.. so it's not the rsg/xml making the problem as the game is running as default. It just seems to be the .rdf itself causing the issue, as it doesn't seem to happen if i remove it from the main directory. I can't see how else to get the .rdf to run. I tried setting the roster as default in the game and no joy there.

I might try and extract the original .rdf (as i know that works) and hex edit my roster into it.. so it's more of an authentic file than the one that's created. Maybe that will work. I can't think of why it crashes on this after match screen.

Right, here is the current situation.. a bizarre one.

I followed Ross' guide, and use Ozzy's roster (OzRos.ros) but for some reason the roster would not load in the game, but it would load in World League. But i still had random crashes. Then i decided to use Ross' roster instead, as it definitely works.

I had tried to add the .rdf to the directory, but the game does not load at all.

So i hex-edited my roster into Ross' (rugby08.ros) and saved it. Then i installed the editor. This time i selected the .exe file in the main directory as the path for default files, so that the .rdf installs there when you 'set as default' in the woosaah editor.

So i load up the game and then load the edited rugby08 roster and this time it loads. Don't know why OzRos wouldn't. Then i try World League. I have taken out all my edited World League files at this stage, so it should run as the original game.

So i choose Clermont, the first team. I go through 4 games (by quitting them) and get sacked. No crash. Then i go try another team, and the game crashes immediately. I think this is an 'official' EA bug. I then try some other teams and i get to the 2nd game and the game crashes, after the game is quit/played when to try to click continue.

So i have another attempt. This time with Treviso. Amazingly i go 6 games, one transfer window and the game after it crashes, again after the game is quit/played when you try to click continue.

So, i am not sure why it seems to randomly mess up. I would assume that there is some files i edited for World League or something that does not add up. So basically at the moment, you can use the World League with MUP 09 roster.. but the game seems to crash randomly.. it might go longer or it might crash immediately.

But, the good news is that it does work, albeit it might crash the game. It's not like it even crashes to desktop.. it just exits the game for no reason.

So, please can someone who has played the World League without any mods with the game originally tell me if there are these issues already. I just can't see why it quits at random, unless it is bugs that come with the game. It may be my no-CD crack of the game, but i assume it is not that.

Gary I have tried everything with your MUP roster to create a working rdf file for the WL and CM to work correctly but I get the same random game crashes as you do... :wall:

How come mine works perfectly fine but yours not...???this is really strange!

I hex edited my roster into ozzy's roster and it worked...

you and me try to hex edit your MUP roster into ozzy's roster and the game crashes whrn we start a new WL...

you and me try to hex edit your MUP roster into my Rugby08 roster and the game crashes randomly...

This is f**king weird

maybe the only soloution would be to take my Rugby08 roster and redo your whole MUP roster from it...would take very long but might be the only way...???I don't know anymore

Well unless its hard coded to produce random players in the transfer market?? Like the vanilla WL works fine there isnt any issues with i9t

It's ok the problem it was the stadium.
i change some number in the roster and it s ok.
See it gary i send you one new rdf yesterday normally it s ok

Thanks Pageski.

I find crashes normally happen when there is some kind of error with a checksum or something similar. I am thinking that pageski has found some errors in my roster data, which is probably the data for assigned stadiums.

I know for a fact that if you try to assign a stadium to a team in the editor, it makes problems with other things, and generallt assigns the team as australia stadium. So i am thinking that my roster has been corrupted by my previous attempt and although i fixed it with kingwilko's teamfixer program, it has obviously still got some errors.

This might explain why ALL .rdf's from the new woosaah editor, crash. Simply, the stadium data gets bugged and so it corrupts the roster file. This is why your .rdf works and mine does not. I even took the original .rdf and tried that, and it's the same.

It is something in my roster data that the game cannot read, and this causes the crash. This would explain the randomness, as it will crash when it encounters the corruption, which must not be on all teams and is probably random itself.

Ok, i can confirm that the MUP 09 .rdf works 100%. It was the stadiums not assigned for some teams and it was not loading any stadium for them.

Thanks again Pageski, you clever little frenchman :)

Hi all.

Does anyone know if there is an xml file that stops the promotion and relegation in World League. I can't find it myself and am wondering if it's hard-coded in a .bin or something similar. Can't seem to see anything useful in rsg and xml.

Well I have been going through a couple of xml file the last couple of days and can't say that I have seen anything about the promotion and relegation in World League, so my guess would be that its hard-coded :(

I can't find any file that changes the World League promotion/relegation format either. So, what i will do is release the game with the teams in the league groupings (Guinness Prem by default), but with generic world league graphics.

The graphics are black post pads and and an orange (the sponsor) pitch logo. I think that is very generic. What i will do is make 4 add-ons after the MUP release so you can have the divisions named properly (Guinness Prem for Division 3) so it plays like a full season. After the first season it will mess up slightly as it will mix teams, but in the worst possible event you will have a format like the original game.

There is not much else i can do.

I have one little problem with the world league

when we rename one team example highlanders become albi or one other team.
you can play the world league with the conversion files .ros in files .rdf with old editor whossah.

The only problem is the conversion don t change the performance team.
the performance team can be change with kingwilko editor but only on the files .ros but not in rdf files.

If you change one strong team like crusaders for to have one team like bucarest (romania) and you put it on the 3rd division.
when it will be the end of the 3rd division bucarest will become winner on the division and maybe on the cup because the performance team was high before.

Someone can change the performance team in the rdf files with the hexadecimal editor ???????

The rdf is almost identical to the roster file, so you can use kingwilko's editor to amend it like you do the roster.. unless you have tried that and it does not work?

the file rdf can not be open with team fixer editor of kingwilko, it open only file .ros
after i tried to rename it .rdf = .ros but you can not change something inside.

What about if you set the performance value in .ros and then copy the data (in hex) into the rdf?

I just to try to paste some line between .ros and .rdf which are not informations players and nothing.
I believed to past the change with it but nothing happens ????
i don t know where is it in the file rdf.
but is not do in the same order in the rdf file

i wil try this evening to import my modified rdf in data.gob but i think it will not change something

There is nothing you can do then. World League is probably bugged, so i'm gonna keep it as normal.. with no changes to anything.

Yes i believe to stay like it before with the old editor.
i think actualy there are not version of the editor wich do the conversion on the rdf with the performance team and the editor of king wilko do it but only with .ros file.

Latest posts