• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rankings after Rd 3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 3 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I need something to complain about so here goes... HOW THE FRICK ARE ARGENTINA EVEN IN THE TOP 7?[/b]

Nobody notices, because they don't play in any real tournaments (other than the World Cup), but they pretty much beat everybody.

Yea,Argentina have beaten France so many times, England at Twickenham, Ireland three times in 2007 so their ranking is hardly unfair despite them being average in the last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 2 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I need something to complain about so here goes... HOW THE FRICK ARE ARGENTINA EVEN IN THE TOP 7?[/b]
Thery're still better then 8th placed England

Possible outcomes for next round:

Ireland 1-15 - 81.98
Ireland 15+ - 82.38
Scotland 1-15 - 77.39
Scotland 15+ - 77.99

Wales 1-15 - 81.88
Wales 15+ - 82.08
Italy 1-15 - 74.15
Italy 15+ - 74.95

England 1-15 - 80.43
England 15+ - 80.80
France 1-15 - 81.39
France 15+ - 82.02

Could be a good bit of swapping and changing next round.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Mar 3 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea,Argentina have beaten France so many times, England at Twickenham, Ireland three times in 2007 so their ranking is hardly unfair despite them being average in the last year.[/b]
Losing at home to Italy and conceding 60 points against South Africa is a little worse than 'average'...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 3 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Mar 3 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea,Argentina have beaten France so many times, England at Twickenham, Ireland three times in 2007 so their ranking is hardly unfair despite them being average in the last year.[/b]
Losing at home to Italy and conceding 60 points against South Africa is a little worse than 'average'...
[/b][/quote]

Perhaps but they did comfortably return the favour on the Italians, they are allowed a poor year. They have beaten 6 nations teams so many times i would say they deserve their ranking to an extent.

Ahhh not to begrudge them their position but its clear their placement is as a result of their 2007 season and a fantastic WC performance.

They certainly earned it then but were they will probably not be able to compete at that level for another two-three years as they begin to rebuild.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Mar 3 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 3 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Mar 3 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Perhaps but they did comfortably return the favour on the Italians, they are allowed a poor year. They have beaten 6 nations teams so many times i would say they deserve their ranking to an extent.
[/b][/quote]

I'd not worry. With the new ELVs in place they'll be out the top 8 in a year's time.

doubt that, they've too much class in their side to be not capable of adapting their game.

World Rankings don't matter...
THEY PROVE NOTHING!
You're still going to lose on Saturday!
Fact!
:cryy:

Ireland are clearly the best team in the NH. You cant argue with the rankings.

at least not for the next 4 days ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 16 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland are clearly the best team in the NH. You cant argue with the rankings.

at least not for the next 4 days ;)[/b]

Once we beat you on Saturday I reckon the rankings will look probably pretty much spot on.

The first time I've ever seen such a thing!

IRB site still to be updated but "Any loss for Wales, allied with an England victory over Scotland at Twickenham, will see the 2008 champions slide two places to seventh, falling beneath Argentina and England. They could actually end up less than a hundredth above France if Les Bleus also beat Italy convincingly."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 22 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nonsense, the lot of it. We only lost two games![/b]

does seem strange since England only won by less than 15 and Wales lost by less than 15 unless they were close enough to begin with but England's win last week gave their rankings a huge boost while Wales failed to get what was expected in Rome.

Latest posts