• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby to vote on easing rules on player Test team switches

I'd be a little surprised as Lozowski has said in the past he has absolutely no interest in playing for Italy (believe the line was I'd rather have one cap for England than a whole career for Italy)

Though that was before the switching came in, so things may have changed (/EJ may have told him he's categorically not on the radar, so to look elsewhere)

From an England perspective you have to consider that EJ will be gone in 2 years. Players overlooked now might get another chance then.

I'd be a little surprised as Lozowski has said in the past he has absolutely no interest in playing for Italy (believe the line was I'd rather have one cap for England than a whole career for Italy)

Though that was before the switching came in, so things may have changed (/EJ may have told him he's categorically not on the radar, so to look elsewhere)
It is a bit of a strange interview. It's pretty clear Lozowski has elected to not be involved for Italy in this 6N. Its kind of like Crowley is telling a story about this smoking hot lass at a bar that he hit on, but she wasn't interested. Like, why even mention it, let alone mentioning names?

Add in then whole "I'm happy if we are relegated" talk before you've even played a game (that'll really inspire the fans!) and I think there might media relations classes for Crowley in the near future.

It sounds like they both shot him down.

"I have been in contact. I haven't personally been in contact with Paolo but he has been contacted," Crowley said at the Six Nations launch. "The other two [Lozowski and Lynagh] I have spoken to personally. They have made decisions at the moment that I respect. I support them. I'll keep in contact with them. But certainly if they were available, we'd certainly be looking at them. They are all quality players.

So although the PIs benefit most from the change, it was actually Portugal who formally proposed it. So excuse me while I laugh at Romania pinching a former Portuguese u20 for the forthcoming REC tournament. I hope the lad scores the try that eliminates Portugal from World Cup qualification. :D

Latest posts