World Rugby Vote on Player Test Team Switches

will311293

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
London Wasps
Article published yesterday by Chris Jones.

Really interesting and really hope this is approved and gets the 75% required.

I would love to see some of those second tier teams getting the opportunity to play for their respective nations, in particular the pacific regions/countries.

The strength of teams such as Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Namibia, Kenya, Cook Islands etc could be hugely expanded by this. I would love to see a full strength Fiji, Samoa or Tonga etc play against some of the Tier 1 international teams and can only imagine it would improve the Drua/Pasifika teams and bring prosperity to those teams.

Imagine a full bore Fijian team (Nakarawa, Nadolo, Radradra, Volavola, Nayacalevu, Botia, Yato, Lomani, Murimurivalu, Matawalu, Tuisova, Ratuniyarawa, Tuisue, Mata, Matavesi (x2) plus players like Hughes, Raka, Speight etc

Would love to see it

Article published yesterday by Chris Jones.

Really interesting and really hope this is approved and gets the 75% required.

I would love to see some of those second tier teams getting the opportunity to play for their respective nations, in particular the pacific regions/countries.

The strength of teams such as Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Namibia, Kenya, Cook Islands etc could be hugely expanded by this. I would love to see a full strength Fiji, Samoa or Tonga etc play against some of the Tier 1 international teams and can only imagine it would improve the Drua/Pasifika teams and bring prosperity to those teams.

Imagine a full bore Fijian team (Nakarawa, Nadolo, Radradra, Volavola, Nayacalevu, Botia, Yato, Lomani, Murimurivalu, Matawalu, Tuisova, Ratuniyarawa, Tuisue, Mata, Matavesi (x2) plus players like Hughes, Raka, Speight etc

Would love to see it
I'm all for seeing those teams at their strongest, but a lot of the best Fijian players over the years have often played in the same positions - mostly wingers. It would be interesting to come up with a proper list as I suspect the main plus is broadening the pool as opposed to immediately strengthening their starting XVs.

Realistically, the PI teams are the ones most likely to benefit. It's not like there's a particularly strong Kenyan contingent plying their trade for other nations right now.

I think there are a few thread about this already...but to summarise my thoughts, happy for some of these players to get another chance with some of the Tier 2 nations, as long as there are some rules, age or cap limit (less the 20 caps) or no more than one or two seasons playing international rugby previously or something

I'll be shocked if this happens.

When was the last time a decision like this wasn't scuppered by self interest? World Rugby is paralysed.