• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Place in the World

G

getofmeland

I just thought that it was about time for this...

I was watching The Rugby Club and they were talking about the Worst Places in the World... and Invercargill was mentioned lots of times....

So wheres the worst place you have ever been in the World...

Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan.

Basically a total ghetto where all the Foreigners live, essentially like your average European City nightlife with tacky bars that cater for Brits, Irish and Aussies, British style kebab and other fast food places and loads of drunk and pathetic British, Irish and Aussie English Teachers.

Made me puke, only stayed there for about five minutes. I even blogged about it the next day.

Havent been there but the ghettos of paris are bad aye women getting raped on public trains, burned alive lots of murders and drugs. I watched a small doco about it and it was worse than the american ghettos.

I was watching The Rugby Club and they were talking about the Worst Places in the World... and Invercargill was mentioned lots of times....

[/b]

Im sure Invercargill aint that bad.... compared to Tokoroa or Otara anyway! A few communities in West Auckland are also pretty rough.

Plus the northampton bus station is ****, im sure others who have been there will agree!

Now I thought Glasgow was going to be pretty horrible. Whenever my Scottish freinds were going to meet their mates at Glasgow Cali Uni they refused to take me with them because (being English) I'd stick out like a sore thumb :( so I feared the WORST when me and a friend took the Megabus down from Aberdeen (we were on our way to Glasgow Prestwick Airport).

But actually, the City Centre is an awesome place! I saw the statue of Donald Dewar (complete with new pair of bronze glasses, the umpteenth pair because neds keep nicking them) and I saw Bucchanan Street Bus Station which (for Bus Stations) is pretty awesome too!

So Glasgow, despite being surrounded by Communist Panelaks (i.e. blocks of flats), you rock!

Wakefield. WHAT a hole. [/b]

Well considering my dad side of the family lives there... I am gonna have to agree with that... it is an absolute hell hole....

Bucksnort, Tennessee
On two completely seperate occasions my car broke down there.
At the time I lived in Oklahoma City, and went to college in a small town in Georgia. Bucksnort is a nothing town in Tennessee on the major interstate I had to travel.
Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, Bucksnort blows.

Oh, man I went to M'Boro once, that was a rough place.
Newport is pretty awful as well.

Some of the more "outback" communities are pretty feral.

I'm not a racist, but damn, the communities have a very large percentage of aboriginals and it's not pretty and can get scary at times.

There's a pub out at Walcha where part of the pub is for Blacks, and part of the pub is for Whites. On friday nights, it's good entertainment to pull the ute up to near the back of the black part with a slab of beer and a folding chair and watch the aboriginals come out of the pub fighting.

A couple of years back, for school footy, i had to play 2 games over two days for 2 different rugby teams at school in a town that is 5.5 hours away. We had to travel there and back both days (11 hour round trip each day) because we couldn't stay there over night, as it was deemed it wasn't safe enough. We'd rock up there on the minibus at the school and had things thrown at us by a certain group of people, half the other groups would stare us off. We had to stay in the mini bus until it was all clear for us to get into the change rooms. Once we had changed we put our bags in the minibus and pulled it up within 10m of the field and locked everything inside it. The school had bars on it's windows and all. Scary stuff.

Some of the more "outback" communities are pretty feral.

I'm not a racist, but damn, the communities have a very large percentage of aboriginals and it's not pretty and can get scary at times.

There's a pub out at Walcha where part of the pub is for Blacks, and part of the pub is for Whites. On friday nights, it's good entertainment to pull the ute up to near the back of the black part with a slab of beer and a folding chair and watch the aboriginals come out of the pub fighting.

A couple of years back, for school footy, i had to play 2 games over two days for 2 different rugby teams at school in a town that is 5.5 hours away. We had to travel there and back both days (11 hour round trip each day) because we couldn't stay there over night, as it was deemed it wasn't safe enough. We'd rock up there on the minibus at the school and had things thrown at us by a certain group of people, half the other groups would stare us off. We had to stay in the mini bus until it was all clear for us to get into the change rooms. Once we had changed we put our bags in the minibus and pulled it up within 10m of the field and locked everything inside it. The school had bars on it's windows and all. Scary stuff.
[/b]
Sounds like Indian Territory in the States.

Latest posts