• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst thing about the game?

S

Saint N Sinner

Probably the fact that if you have too weak a scrum in WL then they just keep turning you until you penalise yourself by putting your foot up too early.

Really gets my goat, does anyone else experience this/hate something else?

Cross-field kicks are a great new feature, but take too long to set, even with lots of momentum. In real life, it isn't that hard a play to set up, and should be organised relatively quickly, but don't in the game. Only can really do them from scrums.

Hmm...as I said, I'm having a lot of fun, but there are quite a few little gripes:

*Scrums in general. Gah! So annoying!

*Overload of turnovers (which also prevents set plays from being set up in time in many cases), but it wouldn't be so hard to rectify this...

*Player bunching

But all said and done, it doesn't stop me from having fun :) Oh, and last but not least, the person who made Sharky Robinson a 55 should be disembowelled by a Killeroo.

Scrums on Elite, its so annoying losing half your scrums.

Does anyone have any tips for scrums?

I can't do scrums at all, lose nearly every single one playing on Elite.

Only a small thing, but players still seem to have magnetic hands when catching the ball, just seems to get pulled into their grasp.

It has some flaws, but it's so much fun I really don't care.

The worst thing about this game is that it hasn't been released yet in NZ and won't be for another 6 days.

thats the thing about this games, there are still a few bugs and flaws, but when your having so much fun its easy to get over them.

oi whats this scrum business??? :blink:

i havent had any issues with scrums

i win most of them on elite........prolly lose 1 in 3 games.........and there's plenty of scrums........could be a camera selection thing

also at the same time i pinch one 1 in 3 games

the worst thing i hate about the game is the line-outs :eek:

line-out suck big ass balls in this...........thats where the ai cheats on me and pinches my line-out more than 50% of the time :angry: :%#%#: :rahh: :wall: :ranting:

edit: my forward pack is now pretty good actually in WL.....i do recall having touble in the 1st yr or so

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 16 2006, 08:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Oh, and last but not least, the person who made Sharky Robinson a 55 should be disembowelled by a Killeroo.

Explain? [/b][/quote]
He's got a 55 rating. That's worse than Johnny Howard. He should by high 70s really...

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 17 2006, 07:28 AM
The worst thing about this game is that it hasn't been released yet in NZ and won't be for another 6 days.
word.

the game will proabbly sell well here but the game still isn't out and even places like the US are gettting it before us. EA marketing screwed this one up big time. :bravo:

He's got a 55 rating. That's worse than Johnny Howard. He should by high 70s really...[/b]

I could of sworn he was like in the 70's...

...Oh well, is it just me or does JC keep on knocking on? He does for me, I play Vilky instead.

For me , the worst 3 things about the game are :

*1* - the general issue about the engine being awful. Gx look superficially good on PC version when run at 1600*1200, but you soon realise that it's a complete slave to the animation, not a patch on the nfl games.
You are clear one second and the next second a defender 5 yards away has lept into you like an exocet,
You kick over the full backs head only to see the ball suddenly get pulled in to him
You draw the last defender, ready to put the winger away, time you pass to perfection, only to find that it's too late, the tackle animation has started.
The list is endless.

*2* - forward play sucks. Well, there is none really, just frustrating turnovers and no ruck/maul play other than adding men to the ruck.

*3* - set plays. Don't work, especially when playing against another person rather than AI. It's easy to see where the ball is going and just sprint up to the outside half/centre to knock the ball carrier down behind the gain line.

I enjoyed this greatly the first 3 nights I had it, but the above issues mean that I have lost my enthusiasm for it. It is better than 2005, in which the above issues were even worse, but they need to be completely overhauled, not tweaked.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 16 2006, 08:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
He's got a 55 rating. That's worse than Johnny Howard. He should by high 70s really...

I could of sworn he was like in the 70's...

...Oh well, is it just me or does JC keep on knocking on? He does for me, I play Vilky instead. [/b][/quote]
I made Clarkey proper. And Robbie Kydd. Couldn't bear it without them proper.

The worst thing about this game, is the fact that i cant get any sleep coz i cant stop playng.

im having an issue with the fact that if the opp do a pickup from a ruck scrum maul etc they are almost guaranteed to make yards cos they almost start behind your defenders anyway! especially on your goal line if a forward picks up they can always barge over, similarly in attack if u have it on the 5m line 2 pops to forwards seems to be a guaranteed try.

I made Clarkey proper. And Robbie Kydd. Couldn't bear it without them proper.[/b]

You created them then bought them?

Or is there a way of changing stats?

The scrum thing is deplorable. I don't know how they let that one slip, especially if it's just improved '05 code.

On the PS2, they really goonered it with the defence D-Pad plays. They have three on the wrong direction, and one of them has the wrong name! ("pocket" defence???)

More of a gameplay gripe, but I wish the backs would ruck. Wait, that sounds familiar . . . :D

I have a small gripe, but it probably just annoys me. In a game when a crowd is quiet you can here the footsteps of the players, this just ridiculous, unrealistic and annoying. Spose something would annoy me sooner or later.

Latest posts