• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 Bus

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 24 2006, 10:59 PM
The best thing about 2K6 is the V.I.P system which alows you to record the way your friends play and the computer simulates they're style so you can play them while they're not even with you and learn there tendencies, moves, and tactics.......(how sweet is that).......you can also download the profiles of the top players in the world from Xbox Live to improve your game, not to mention record your own style of play to play against the computer in franchise mode when you cant be stuffed playing.
This is bloody amazing!

Originally posted by ak47+Apr 26 2006, 11:20 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Apr 26 2006, 02:56 PM
But is it still only world cup?? No clubs? thats just not acceptable.
no but an in-depth qualifying mode that takes u back to 2004.

i aint waiting a full year for PES.

besides the socceroos are in the world cup - it is my obligation :D [/b]
Same, i cant wait for the next lot of Football games to come out so i'll just bite and get this one.

Apparently the game play is exactly the same as 06, but it should be fun for a month or two and then you can just trade it in at EB for a new one.

Woosaah, I LOVE your new avatar.

This soccer game sounds bloody good. Must check it out.

On the shallow sports games thing, it must be the publishers getting to grips with the fact that games cost a lot more to make on 360... Then again, it's only EA that does it isn't it? They're the richest buggers in the world.

Well i just played NBA live on Xbox live(360) and had the most laggy game ever (and thats uncluding the last two years of xbox live i've played)

Being over my download limit doesn't help but i've come to the conclusion that 512 just aint cutting it no more and im getting 1.5 tomorrow(only $10 extra)

Have any of you guys played any games on Xbox live(360)??? if so how do you find the lag issue? and what speed do you find works best?

Are you playing in NZ? if so you will always hav lag on the 360. NZ high speed internet is low speed compared to the rest of the civilised world. Games were not meant to be played on NZ speed broadband, so i wont be hooking up live until we catch up, and for a reasonable price.

How ever, if your from oz like your ugly avatar suggests(shudders at the thought of mitchell) then happy gaming!!

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 27 2006, 12:20 AM
Woosaah, I LOVE your new avatar.

This soccer game sounds bloody good. Must check it out.

On the shallow sports games thing, it must be the publishers getting to grips with the fact that games cost a lot more to make on 360... Then again, it's only EA that does it isn't it? They're the richest buggers in the world.
cheers dude, i got sick of the mouse, and he was getting a bit tired :D

i thought the publishers just ran out of time to implement all the things into the new games. they are using new engines and such to make the games better. they didnt have the greatest amount of time.

oh well thats why i am not getting a 360 yet

The below in Big RED is the defining comment for me

With no PES even announced its still a good year away on next gen....I cant wait that long
FIFAWC2006 will tie me over, and i'll trade it in for PES once available.

Closing Comments
2006 FIFA World Cup is a delightful celebration of the Super Bowl of soccer with the official German stadiums, all the teams you could want and a variety of game modes. It's chalk-full of World Cup atmosphere, from the roar of the crowd to a rainstorm of confetti to actual video-tours of each German stadium to 127 national anthems. Of course, the lack of a true manager mode hurts the longevity of a ***le that should hold value until 2008, or even beyond. But EA put together its most solid soccer gameplay experience yet and the deepest World Cup ***le of all time. Still, it's hard to argue that the gameplay, an obvious imitation of Winning Eleven, is better, but with star players and a nifty new shooting mechanism, it would be hard to argue it's worse. While the game is priced at a frugal $29.99 elsewhere, it's hard to justify the $59.99 price-point on the Xbox 360. But, and it might not be saying much, World Cup is still the best soccer ***le on the 360.

If you can qualify for the World Cup, does that mean NZ is in it?

Wicked!

I remember taking New Zealand to the world cup final in FIFA 2000 on PS1, then winning the final against France..... 10-0 on hard difficlty.

Also, I remember the team creator, where you designed the kit and everything. Why did they drop those two features?

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 27 2006, 02:48 PM
If you can qualify for the World Cup, does that mean NZ is in it?

Wicked!

I remember taking New Zealand to the world cup final in FIFA 2000 on PS1, then winning the final against France..... 10-0 on hard difficlty.

Also, I remember the team creator, where you designed the kit and everything. Why did they drop those two features?
there's 126 teams - something rediculous like that

have heard u can take the socceroos from 2004 thru the whole qualifiying stages

which means the solomon islands

i guess that means NZ are in the game - it has oceania pool

126 teams man

there's more countries in this than the winter olympics :D :bravo:

126 teams? They said 127 anthems before.

It's great how they put in the Maori version... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 27 2006, 03:00 PM
126 teams? They said 127 anthems before.

It's great how they put in the Maori version... :rolleyes:
whatever the quota its atleast 120

oi i have been reading the reviews

its a must buy for sports fans

just read the reviews

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932164.asp

i am bloody excited now

i am a sucker for good presentation (i still dream about NFL2K5).....all i need is some kind of PES gameplay elements, and from what i read its like PES with different controls (button interface), with liscenes and national only.

Got word from the EB wanks they have it
I am buying.......will post thought tomorrow (if i come into work :p )

Really? It's not out until May 11th over here... Are you sure they're not confused with Road to World Cup?

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 27 2006, 03:24 PM
Really? It's not out until May 11th over here... Are you sure they're not confused with Road to World Cup?
Nope....its the world cup event he's talking about......

.........and I am soooooo excited that the Xbox360 controller has FOUR shoulder buttons...and well placed shoulder buttons i must add...

so now I can play this Fifa version doping all the fancy tricks that I used to do on the PS2 controller.

All i have to do is save up for one :unsure:

Penalty shoot outs are listed as a feature WTF!

Well it sucks tha they left out clubs, franchise etc, but atleast the hav all new PENALTY SHOOTOUTS.

It dosent sound bad, but we all know what deapth they are capable of delivering, so why not deliver?

Your right about espn2k5 ak, it should be the benchmark for presentation for all sports games, but sadly they think that a new console gives them the right to start again, and drip feed us.

I got World Cup tonight....... not very impressed :angry:

The graphics are pretty average and the game is way too fast...... it just feels wrong after playing PES..... i've only played a few games ,maybe it'll grow on me.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 28 2006, 02:21 AM
I got World Cup tonight....... not very impressed :angry:

The graphics are pretty average and the game is way too fast...... it just feels wrong after playing PES..... i've only played a few games ,maybe it'll grow on me.
its a grower, but still no PES

the ball physics are crap

i reckon the graphics are good.

atmosphere is amazing

but falls short in the ball physics, and animation stakes

its definately great in multiplayer........but as for one player, there aint much after the world cup victory - like i did with australia already

although this is on semi-pro difficulty

prolly give it a 7.5 to 8 out of 10

i havent played FIFA before so would be interesting to see how this compares with FIFA06, in gameplay

But for me - PES still rules the roost

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 27 2006, 10:18 PM
Penalty shoot outs are listed as a feature WTF!

Well it sucks tha they left out clubs, franchise etc, but atleast the hav all new PENALTY SHOOTOUTS.
It is a straight World Cup game. They do it every four years, just the WC teams plus those going through qualification and that's about it, it is a celebration of the cup and thus there is no need for club teams. It is a special edition game!

I've read somewhere about the penalty shoot-outs. They've always had them, but now there are taunts and tricks to put either the keeper or the penalty taker off guard.

Cant you do world cups as well as clubs in PES and FIFA on the ps2 and xbox? where are those games now? Now they hav taunts and tricks!? I suppose that warrants a new feature.

This game sounds crap too, now that people hav played it and its not a PES beater after all, it will only appeal to soccer fan. I hate soccer, but i play games like PES for their deapth. Doing world cups over and over just seems silly without having seasons in between.

Latest posts