• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 Bus

there are several houses you can buy, i dont know, one of them may be a ranch. I just got given a horse called shadowmere by the dark brotherhood dude, but its too fast, and the in game loading times cant keep up with the speed of the horse!

Well, I got everything today.

I got a 360, 2 wireless controllers, Oblivion CE, NFS:MW, Tiger Woods, Fight Night, PGR3 and Kameo... Plus the charge kit...

Ceejay, how do you fix that bloody sound problem in Oblivion? I loaded it up, and 10 seconds into the opening cutscene, I quickly turned the Xbox off, and I have decided not to start it again until I have that sorted...

When you turn the console on with no game in, you get the xbox dashboard, go to he console settings and then to pal display, and set it to 60hz. If your tv is real old then you may not hav this option. If so, you cant play oblivion properly and youll hav to get a new tv. Dick smith has a 21 inch flat for $198. hopefully yours is sweet though.

Got any sleep since you got it?

Lol. Yeah, I figured it out about 3 minutes after posting that. Cheers though.

I have had very little sleep. Been juggling between work, xbox and sleep lately. Oblivion is very overwhelming. Once you're out of the training level, you really are given a free reign. It's great.

Dont know if you've had time to play all of your games yet Kaftka, but which games would you recommend buying?

I'm gonna get me a 360 tomorrow and fight night is the only game i'm sure about getting........and topspin when it comes out.

Fight Night is the shiz. I've just been playing that hardout.

PGR is bloody nice as well imo. There have been many mixed reactions for it overall. But I personally think it's great fun... So far.

Most Wanted is exactly the same as the current gen ones but with slightly better graphics. Not really worth buying unless you really want it and haven't played the current-gen versions.

Tiger Woods is alright. Not a step up at all except in visuals. Another step back in depth though. A bit disappointed.

Kameo, I haven't played. My brother has, and he reckons it's good. I lent it to a mate and he fricking hates it.

Oblivion is a must-have though.
The training level is very linear, and quite annoying, but once you're out you can do whatever you want, and it's here you really appreciate just how massive the game is.

So PGR3 and Oblivion are the two most must-have other than Fight Night from what I've played.
Also, if you like Burnout then I highly recommend Full Auto. It's Burnout with guns. Good old fashioned destructive fun.

And I thought Top Spin 2 was already out...

Thanks ,from what everyone's been saying on this thead it sounds like Oblivion is the way to go....... Not a big Car game fan so might just rent PG out first.

I have'nt been to EB for a while so i was just going on what i've seen at Blockbuster , If Top Spin is out i'll definately get that aswell...... should be a good online game and i liked the first one.

After extended play on FN, its very disapointing, there are all kinds of collision detection bugs, there is no swelling like there was in the demo.(even on medium, my face gets busted but no one elses.) Rivals are abslolutely shameful. The career mode is longer but awful, and the nail in the coffin, is that once you win the ***le, you never hav to defend it ever, you cant lose it, its yours forever!!! So once you win the ***le all the rest of your fights are pointless wastes of time. This has killed this game for me. Dont get me wrong, the actual boxing is great, it plays well and is great multiplayer, but hopefully u guys arent as fussy as me.

After extented play on madden and FN, ive gone back to rugby 06. It has more deapth than both of them put together. Oblivion though, best game ever.

welcome to the party kaffas

i agree with Ceejay that FN is not as good as made out to be

Multiplayer u cant go wrong

But career mode is bad.........at first u cant put it down, but the big thing is every fight feels the same.........and if u cant defend ur belts the only gratification of continuing is getting into the hall of fame

Oblivion is the cream...............this is a real next gen ***le

CoD - awesome awesome awesome BUT................the campaign is short, and there is no variety......like in goldeneye how u had extra tasks when u went up levels

GRAW - frustratingly serious game here........too serious at times, and ur frying ur brain after 10 mins of Recon Warfare.

I wanna get top spins coz i love tennis, but i heard not much has been improved apart from the graphics - i want a proper world tour, pro shop like Tiger Woods 2005

My next target is MOTO GP

Well i got my 360 today and i frickin love it!

I only got one game which was Top Spin and i hired out Oblivion,PGR and NBA live....

Need more time before i can make any judgments on the games but Oblivion seems like the best game so far and NBA live's graphics are really impressive but the game is so hollow.

Only played one match on Top Spin but it looks like a great game......so far.

One thing that really stands out in the sports games is the crowd noise and improved atmosphere .........now i cant wait till they release a good Football or Rugby game.... you feel like your there.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 24 2006, 07:18 PM

I only got one game which was Top Spin and i hired out Oblivion,PGR and NBA live....

Need more time before i can make any judgments on the games but Oblivion seems like the best game so far and NBA live's graphics are really impressive but the game is so hollow.

One thing that really stands out in the sports games is the crowd noise and improved atmosphere .........now i cant wait till they release a good Football or Rugby game.... you feel like your there.
The Truth!!!

Pls post a review, or some thoughts on Top Spin.

I wanna take Nadal that next step furthur, if thats even possible anymore

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 24 2006, 08:18 PM

wots nba live like because i was wanting to get either nba live or nba 2k6

Originally posted by stan_stan+Apr 24 2006, 06:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 24 2006, 08:18 PM

wots nba live like because i was wanting to get either nba live or nba 2k6 [/b]
As i said before , Live is a really shallow game......definately not worth buying(it doesn't even have a franchise mode), it's one of the games they've just brought out to demonstrate the graphics.

I have'nt played 2K6 but from what i've heard its the best B-Ball game ever made, the franchise is huge and the gameplay is far better than Live.

The best thing about 2K6 is the V.I.P system which alows you to record the way your friends play and the computer simulates they're style so you can play them while they're not even with you and learn there tendencies, moves, and tactics.......(how sweet is that).......you can also download the profiles of the top players in the world from Xbox Live to improve your game, not to mention record your own style of play to play against the computer in franchise mode when you cant be stuffed playing.

Originally posted by ak47+Apr 24 2006, 03:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Apr 24 2006, 07:18 PM

The Truth!!!

Pls post a review, or some thoughts on Top Spin.

I wanna take Nadal that next step furthur, if thats even possible anymore [/b]
I wont get to play Top Spin until the end of the week coz i've got so many other games out atm..... but i'll post some more when i do.

If there's anything in particular you want to know, just let us know and i'll check it out for ya.

Unfortunately Raphael aint in this game, nor is Safin,Nalbandian,Ljubicic,Davydenko,Agassi,Gaudio and many other top ranked mens players.

They do have Federer,Roddick and Lleyton(minus the C'MON!! :angry: )

anyone getting FIFA WC2006

not the road to world cup, but the actual Wolrd Cup edition

have heard reports it mirrors Pro Evos gameplay, and has heaps to offer in depth of a world cup edition

120 Teams - all got anthems etc etc etc

I think i am sold

is new zealand in it?

no well ok then i wont get it, cause i like winning the cup as new zealand.

it will be the only time we ever do it :D

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 26 2006, 02:56 PM
But is it still only world cup?? No clubs? thats just not acceptable.
no but an in-depth qualifying mode that takes u back to 2004.

i aint waiting a full year for PES.

besides the socceroos are in the world cup - it is my obligation :D

Ha ha, some of my harcore auzzie soccerfan buddies get ****** of with me calling it soccer, i just remind them of the good old socceroos, makes me **** myself just thinking about it.

I know how you feel, we are over a barrell with the 360, them giving us shallow sports games, but after the FN sp im not buying anynore sports games unless they have what the ps2 and xbox versions had, there just no excuse, except that theyre greedy ******** taking us for a ride, and im not forking out my bucks anymore.....hopefully......cant...stop ...reaching for wallet...noooooo!!! theyve go me too!!!!

Originally posted by ak47@Apr 26 2006, 02:51 PM
anyone getting FIFA WC2006

not the road to world cup, but the actual Wolrd Cup edition

have heard reports it mirrors Pro Evos gameplay, and has heaps to offer in depth of a world cup edition

120 Teams - all got anthems etc etc etc

I think i am sold
120 teams with anthems???? Wow!!!!!!

Man that may be the game eh!

Latest posts