• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 Bus

Fight Night 2's blocking was slightly too fast to be realistic to be quite honest. Sometimes it was hard to hit a person in multiplayer. So making the blocking realistic by slowing down the response time is a good thing even if it is at the expense of the fun factor.

With the movement factor.......the control system you were using...isn't that just one of the control systems available. They had that in the other ***les..........I just selected the one I thought was suitable for the camera angle I was using.

Good that there isn't too much of a difference in DOA4 with the gameplay. Otherwise players like me would have to spend time readjusting. It was always a smooth xbox ***le so nothing new there.

I agree with the blocking comment GG. Was just using it as an example. The blocking is very good. You're probably right about the control thing as well...

But the responsiveness as a whole isn't as good as Rd2....

I wish I had more time at DOA. I only got one fight in multiplayer. Whipped his ass.

I work for a telecommunications company in Australia and compared to Europe, North America and South Korea the internet here is slow, slow, slow. Still faster than the pathetic speeds that New Zealand get though.

The fastest speed that most Australians have access to is 1500kbps.

The reason that Australia, and to the same extent in NZ, has such slow internet is because of the infrastructure that is controlled by a monopoly.

The companies that have the monopoly dictate to all of the other companies the level of technology that they have access to.

Geographically the two countries are very different but that does not explain why Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland do not get international-standard broadband speed.

It comes back down to not supplying top service to consumers that don't have a choice but to take, and be happy with what is essentially a trumped-up dial-up speed.

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 16 2006, 04:55 PM
i have heard a 30mbs connection is that true??? lol
Well I heard that around the world Broadband leaves australasia behind and that the city of Stockholm has the speed of (get this!) 1000mbps!!!!

Yep you saw it.....One thousand megabytes per second!

Well i have got 2 games now

a controller and a play and charge thingy/gizmo

Tiger Woods 2006
Perfect Dark Zero

now all i gotto get is Fight Night and GRAW.

GRAW.......sickness

Not long till the wait now

P.S got a 4 day weekend on launch date..........gotto love annual leave dont yas

Originally posted by kaftka@Feb 15 2006, 12:48 AM
I shall be playing a game of hopefully PGR3 on the Xbox 360 on a high definition Samsung television
I think you can already play that at the Palmy gamesman if they still have it up

Hey Kaftka, did you play it on a HD tv?

Ak do you hav a HD tv? I just hav a regular flatscreen, i hope that i wont miss out on too much goodness.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 9 2006, 10:38 PM

Ak do you hav a HD tv? I just hav a regular flatscreen, i hope that i wont miss out on too much goodness.
Yep. Freaking sweet.

In Harvey Norman though, when I played PGR3, the man said it was a HDTV, but he was bullshitting. The screen was bigger than the ones in the bus, but it was obviously lower quality as I watched the guys play it in the bus and it looked damn near real.

But it still looked fricken good.

AK, you HAVE to get PGR3. HAVE to.

Originally posted by kaftka+Mar 9 2006, 11:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Mar 9 2006, 10:38 PM

Yep. Freaking sweet.

In Harvey Norman though, when I played PGR3, the man said it was a HDTV, but he was bullshitting. The screen was bigger than the ones in the bus, but it was obviously lower quality as I watched the guys play it in the bus and it looked damn near real.

But it still looked fricken good.

AK, you HAVE to get PGR3. HAVE to. [/b]
yes Kaffa mate i already got PGR3 as my freebie for midnight launch

Ceejay - I havent got a true HD TV, but my TV is HD ready

Its 576p - which isnt the fully scaled HD TV, but is has the same amount of horizontal lines of a HDTV..........but not the verticle.

Its half way, and I get to use the HD component cables, which is altealst twice the quality of the yellow composite cables

If you have watched the VIP pack DVD it wont be worse than that quality, as thats a DVD and they arent HD yet.

ie the games will look better than any footage u have seen (like TV adds and DVDs) unless u have seen web footage via HD format.

My TV is bloody new and sweet though, and is a CRT tube fatass mother, which will have a longer quality control lifespan to that of a Plasma or LCD...not that i neeed this lifespan, as the LCD's are dropping, and in a year or so, i will upgrade to bigass LCD metre screen..........at the moment i am locked up in my bedroom, and my TV is a quarter of the room size, so anything bigger is too big.

Once i move out from my flatmate to settle down and live like an adult (but keep playing games), i will get a meter size HD LCD, when the price is right.

If you have a flatscreen, that support component HD cables, you are be fine...have checked feedback, and they say u wont be disappointed…………..the jump is amazing visually.

Also I have seen TV ads, DVD’s etc, and I am blown away…………..and that’s DVD SD, and TV transmission, which will be atleast a 3rd the quality of the real deal, out of the box

Don’t panic too much……

I’d prolly compare it to Dolby Digital 5.1, to DTS……….u can tell the difference but it isn’t ruining the experience………

However if ur stuck with a yellow composite cord…………..god help you

:D

I think im stuck with the yellow one. I dont know anything about composite cables, or whether or not my tv supports them ( how do i know?) But i hav also read some peoples comments on 360 on the normal tv, and they say its still awsome. I guess i should try not to play any demos on HD, and then i wont know what im missing. If i though it would still look like regular xbox on a normal tv, then i would go and get hd right now. But i think(hopefully) HD is just like icing on the cake, and i will still be blown away, Hell i was blown away by the models and textures of fight night round one and two, and also espn 2k5, and i know it will look way better than those. So ill save my money for now.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 10 2006, 01:22 PM
I think im stuck with the yellow one. I dont know anything about composite cables, or whether or not my tv supports them ( how do i know?) But i hav also read some peoples comments on 360 on the normal tv, and they say its still awsome. I guess i should try not to play any demos on HD, and then i wont know what im missing. If i though it would still look like regular xbox on a normal tv, then i would go and get hd right now. But i think(hopefully) HD is just like icing on the cake, and i will still be blown away, Hell i was blown away by the models and textures of fight night round one and two, and also espn 2k5, and i know it will look way better than those. So ill save my money for now.
Ceejay

if u have a flatscreen TV..........U SHOULD HAVE COMPONENT INPUTS

COMPONENT INPUTS ARE:

RED, GREEN, BLUE - VIDEO INPUTS - 3 OF THEM, (INSTEAD OF THE SINGLE YELLOW)

http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.c...673&contextID=7

and click on the little pic far right, #3, of the back of the TV...this is what they look like.....where it says "component"

check if ur TV has these inputs at the back or front, and if so, ur good to get the HD component cables for 360.

:D

I hav red green and blue ones!! but it says "dvd in" on them, does this matter? So where can i get the cables from and what are they called exactly? how much are they?

As long as it's an input. If it says DVD In, it's just telling you that it's an input, and it will work.

I'm stuck with a shitty TV. <_<

Rich mutherf***ers...

Cool. I think it will still be awsome on a crap tv. My tv is pretty crap, its just luck that it has the cable support, i had no clue when i bought it.

I just had a look on the gamesman website and it appears that the cables come with the pro system.

Whats with the wireless controller, do i get some kind of recharge kit with the 360? Coz they are selling play and charge kits and recharge kits but it mentions nothing about them coming with the pro system. I hope im not going to get home and then my controller dies at midnight and i cant play all night!

I think you do. You can charge it while you play. I honestly don't know so I may have a look and see...

To charge while you play, you need a charge and play kit. They cost 50 odd bucks, and heres no mention of one coming with the system.

Well that is very stupid. I'd rather have a standard controller than fork out another 50 bucks to get the most out of it....

Exactly, but the pro system comes with wireless only. I hope im wrong on this one.

I just went down to gamesman and they had Fight night on a 360 and the store was empty, so i spent the best part of a hour playing it. It was hopkins vs roy jones junior, and it was just a demo, as you could not choose fighters, there were no cutmen between rounds, and it was sooooo easy, I knocked hopkins out in the first round of my first fight! but i presume that this is just coz the demo is set on easy.

The graphics are amazing, it was on a samsung plasma, and it looked slick as. The spit, the sweat and the blood all looked wicked.

Animations are so good, all the punches look real as, and some of the combos i pulled off were pure dynamite. Changing stances was fun, and signiture punches look pretty cool.

I only managed to land regular haymakers, and the one that saps there health immediately, so i didnt get to see first person the mini game.

I actually found a suprise dissapointment for me in the knockdowns. When you knock a guy down with a head shot, his arms move up into a semi guard position and he falls to the ground, the same thing happens every time. In FN round 2 i loved it how there arms flailed about wildly when you landed a knockdown punch, it really made the impact seem real. And i also loved landing more blows while they were on the way down, this no longer seems possible. On the other hand though, when you knock a guy down with a body shot it is bloody sweet. He folds in half and lets out a pain inspired puff of air, pauses for a few seconds then falls down on hands and knees. I even managed to land two head hooks while he was clutching his waist. This kind of makes up for it. Also the slow mo replays of Knockdown punches, head and body, looks so damn cool desplite the fallng to canvas animation. Another minor gripe is the animation were the guy tries to get up from a knockdown then falls over, they used the same ones as fight night and i didnt like them. Allthough one time when i knocked hopkins down, he just lay there for the 10 count and didnt even try to get up, I love that, a stone cold knock out!

When i first heard about the absent HUD, i was scepticle, but after playing, you really can tell whats going on by facial expressions and body language! If you throw to many air punches then you r guard drops, and that determind look dissapears from your face. If your opponent is in trouble he looks worried. I hope you can still see these things on lower end tvs.

With regards to the ai being passive hopkins threw plenty at me, but i was too good at bobbing out of the way and smacking him with a combo or 2. I must hav played about 15 3 round fights and I knocked him out evrytime except one ended on points and i still won. He knocked me down once, when i was tired after going for him and puching myself out a bit, he backed me into a corner and really went for me, i couldnt weather the storm and took a brief trip to the canvas before going on to win. Counter puching is much harder to time! The main reason i kept winning is coz i was landing ko haymakers alot and sapping all his health, again i imagine this will be much tougher on higher levels of difficuly.

Overall it was an excitement overload and i cant wait to get my hands on this game. Something tells me ill soon be forgetting any minor dissapointments! :cheers:

BTW i actually went in their to ask about the chargable controller thing, but i spent so much time playing that i had to leave in a hurry without asking !:blink:

Latest posts