• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

XBOX 360 stuff to pick and stuff not to

C

Caledfwlch

Was thinking of getting a 360 with my first paycheck seeing as how expensive the PS3 is. But i can be swayed either way.

What are some of the essentials that I'm going to be needing ie headset, modem and what great games. On a side note, will the dropping of DVD as a standard affect the 360?

Xbox 360 is awsome you won't need a modem as there are many ways you can connect it to XBL such as ICS (internet connection sharing) through your PC which I am currently using, through a router, or on top of many other ways you can use a modem but is a complicated setup as far as I'm concerned.

The DVD quality is great and doesn't affect the graphical genius od the X360's engine at all. The headset is almost required if you want to get the most out of XBL but will come free with a premium package.

And with such great games such as COD4, Rock Band (coming out on Xbox 360 sooner than PS3 and Wii), and great multiplayer action not to mention heck of a lot cheaper than the PS3 you really want to pick one up.

in aus the ps3 is now seemingly cheaper than the elite 360. on pricespy australia dick smith electronics have the ps3 at $678 and the elite 360 at $698.

just looked on eb games aus website. 360 elite $730 and ps3 is $700. looks like the console war is definitely heating up now down under. Looks like down under the ps3 could be the way to go now since it has blu-ray and don't have to pay to play online.

in aus the ps3 is now seemingly cheaper than the elite 360. on pricespy australia dick smith electronics have the ps3 at $678 and the elite 360 at $698.

just looked on eb games aus website. 360 elite $730 and ps3 is $700. looks like the console war is definitely heating up now down under. Looks like down under the ps3 could be the way to go now since it has blu-ray and don't have to pay to play online.
[/b]
So the top of the range 360 is the same price as the bottom of the range ps3?

I am not too sure what models for the ps3 get sold down this way anymore. but that $700au is for the 40gb ps3 or the 40gb ps3 with gt5.

If you get an X360, be sure to buy a premium package of XBL!! I play FIFA 08 online and it's like I'm with my friends in the same room. The 360 has great graphics, great ***les, great compatibility. I listen to music from my PC (which is on the top floor) right in my X360 (which is in my basement). The only thing I'm not thrilled about is that there are no rugby ***les for it, but apart from that, it's worth the money.

I stream my music straight from my PC, and if I wanted to I could use Windows Media Centre on my Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 Elite features a full 120G HD where as your saying the PS3 your advertising has 90G less than the 360 elite console?

well yes the ps3 does only have 40gb but it's pretty simple to upgrade since it takes pretty much any 2.5" hard drive and removal of one screw. the cost of the 120gig ps3 upgrade is pretty much the same as a 12 moth gold subscription on xbox live in australia.

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is that there are no rugby ***les for it[/b]
Technically, any 360 with a hard drive can play original Xbox versions of Rugby 2006 and Rugby League 2. I really dont know what versions are backwards compatible on the PS3. Probably dependant on the version of the console you have.

Latest posts