• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 Widespread Crashing And Overheating

S

sanzar

Anyone else hear about this? Apparently some sources have said the release model has suffered as large as a 15% malfunction rate! Pretty bad if it's true! But then looking at every addition of windows ever produced, I'm not surprised...

http://www.twistedpolygon.net/content/view/84/48/
65990159_ad0b969897.jpg

Hahaha you can blame that on the hurried release of the console. I dont mind though, i will neva buy a new console in its first year. 1 because it lets the makers work out the bugs and 2 gives it time to get a few good games instead of sub par release games.

From what I've heard its been more like 5%(A microsoft official stated that but I wouldn't trust it), its just that the 5% are kicking up a huge fuss. And they have every right to, I'd be ****** if I paid US$399 for a faulty piece of equipment.

http://thetechnologist.blogspot.com/2005/1...x-360-from.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
How to keep your Xbox 360 from crashing

I swear to god this is my last 360 post for awhile but, it seems the source of new platforms crashing issues are due to overheating in its gigantic power supply. A couple of people have emailed me stating that once they elevated their power supply off the carpet the crashing stopped. As a side note, for gods sake never put any video game systems on the carpet, thats just asking for trouble.[/b]

i should NOT have to hang my console on a piece of string
anything over $100 should never be faulty
Microsoft just keep on failing
the xbox never reached the forecasted sales that microsoft wanted
they never got the market share they intended to
ps2 just sold over 100 million units.

not being a fanboy or anything, but this is a huge war, and will only get bigger.
At the moment as far as myself is concerned, Sony will just widen the gap, based on all these negative reports of the EA series on 360...the faulty consoles....the amount of people holding out for ps3............and the fact the japanese will NEVER pick USA over their own........and that country is the HQ of the industry.

i have now changed my mind of getting a 360 on release, unless something between now and then brings light to the situation

To be fair, if your stupid to put your console on the carpet you deserve to have the damn thing blow up.

What I ment there was, the air vents will clog up with dust after a while (or in the 360's case, 30 mins) causing the overheat. Same as if you never look after the vent's on your PC.

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Dec 1 2005, 09:45 PM
i will neva buy a new console in its first year. 1 because it lets the makers work out the bugs and 2 gives it time to get a few good games instead of sub par release games.
yeah thats my thinking too. ps2's lazer got updated 2 or 3 times, and only on the latest release, would gta:sa work on it, without killing it. also within about a year and a half games have at least doubled, and prices cut in half...

like kafta said - its not all bad being broke
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Dec 2 2005, 11:04 AM
What I ment there was, the air vents will clog up with dust after a while (or in the 360's case, 30 mins) causing the overheat. Same as if you never look after the vent's on your PC.
Theres a vent on my PC?

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Dec 2 2005, 10:04 AM
in fact

same as any electrical appliance that needs venting - THUS ANYTHING WITH ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES

30 mins is a very steep timeframe for overheating - thats the issue IMO...it should last a few hours atleast....even on carpet, or even on a sheep.

it may indicate the 360 will overheat in anycase (even on hard marble surface), after a prolonged period of play - ie ....hours at a time or even days

30mins on the carpet is too short - no matter what surface.

I have left my ps2 on for 24hours delibrately many times, - GT4 24 hour endurances races, accidentally many times (falling asleep etc).........if the Xbox360 cant last 24 hours of power on any surface, it SHOULD NOT BE SOLD.

The Xbox 360's power supply is roughly 3000x the size of earth, it's quite a hazard.

..further news....
15% of Sony and Nintendo PR departments are working 15% harder at releasing 15% more press releases...

I've decided not to believe a damn thing I read or see in the press regarding the new consoles. Let the early adopters sort out the bugs for us and then get the console of your choice later! *

Selfish? Yes but Ive paid my dues, I still find it hard to believe I handed over £400 for a Sega Saturn little under a decade ago. Did love that console though, it was my introduction to the import scene.

AK, I must disagree slightly on the Japan/Xbox thing, I think there are a lot more developers going for this new Micro$oft box than the last one. Im not sure this next generation war is going to be as clearcut as the last one. There were a lot of latecomers to the Xbox and your average joe is a lot more console-savvy these days...their buying tastes still leave a lot to be desired though.
<

*once I see a Revolution on the shelf though, Im sure my wallet defenses will crumle, the damn thing just looks to interesting to pass by.

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 1 2005, 10:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 1 2005, 10:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Dec 2 2005, 10:04 AM
in fact

same as any electrical appliance that needs venting - THUS ANYTHING WITH ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES

30 mins is a very steep timeframe for overheating - thats the issue IMO...it should last a few hours atleast....even on carpet, or even on a sheep.

it may indicate the 360 will overheat in anycase (even on hard marble surface), after a prolonged period of play - ie ....hours at a time or even days

30mins on the carpet is too short - no matter what surface.

I have left my ps2 on for 24hours delibrately many times, - GT4 24 hour endurances races, accidentally many times (falling asleep etc).........if the Xbox360 cant last 24 hours of power on any surface, it SHOULD NOT BE SOLD.[/b]
Hey, I never said only taking 30 mins to short out is a good thing.

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Dec 2 2005, 11:24 AM
AK, I must disagree slightly on the Japan/Xbox thing, I think there are a lot more developers going for this new Micro$oft box than the last one. Im not sure this next generation war is going to be as clearcut as the last one. There were a lot of latecomers to the Xbox and your average joe is a lot more console-savvy these days...their buying tastes still leave a lot to be desired though.
<
I am referring to the public, not the developers

In a recent public japanese survey it was like 60% Sony, 30% Nintendo, %10 Xbox when they were asked which next gen are you going to buy.

Thats cool Teh Might
<

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 2 2005, 11:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 2 2005, 11:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT
@Dec 2 2005, 11:24 AM
AK, I must disagree slightly on the Japan/Xbox thing, I think there are a lot more developers going for this new Micro$oft box than the last one.  Im not sure this next generation war is going to be as clearcut as the last one. There were a lot of latecomers to the Xbox and your average joe is a lot more console-savvy these days...their buying tastes still leave a lot to be desired though.
<
I am referring to the public, not the developers

In a recent public japanese survey it was like 60% Sony, 30% Nintendo, %10 Xbox when they were asked which next gen are you going to buy.

Thats cool Teh Might
<
[/b]
Microsoft will never gain ground in Japan... They have hated XBOX from day 1, and that is a big blow as the Japanese are far and way the largest consumers of console games in the world, well ahead of the US...
Basically, if Microsoft can't win in Japan, they'll never win internationally.

I got an early original XBox and had to change it after a month because it got louder (fan) and hotter as well as the fact that it slowly started to not recognise games...............so they took it back and gave me another one.....which worked fine for years until it got stolen.......and I so wish I could smash the people who stole it..........

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Dec 2 2005, 12:41 PM
I got an early original XBox and had to change it after a month because it got louder (fan) and hotter as well as the fact that it slowly started to not recognise games...............so they took it back and gave me another one.....which worked fine for years until it got stolen.......and I so wish I could smash the people who stole it..........
your house got robbed...?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Dec 2 2005, 02:41 PM
I had my PS2 stolen aswell

Yes my house was robbed - DODGY BONDI BANDITS

I have had 4 ps2's.

1st broke
2nd stolen
3rd worked good except audio CD's didnt
4th (slimline) - Traded in 3rd ps2 and got my Cd's playing again (EB werent to know
<
)

Latest posts