XMl editor

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by jeffb, Aug 30, 2006.

1. jeffb

jeffb Guest

Hi Guys,

I believe you can change the teams names using an XML editor. I have got Cooktop 2.200. I want to change Sale Sharks to Wigan Warriors but i have not got a clue on how to use it. :wall:
    If anyone can help or suggest a better editor, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jeff

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. woosaah

woosaah Guest

notepad is pretty good

4. EVOL

EVOL Guest

yeah i use notepad too

5. Southstander

Southstander Guest

All you have to do is click on the Xml file to open it in a webpage. You can;t edit anything here, so right click on the page and select "view source". Here is a version of the xml file in editable format. Edit as you wish, do a quick save as, then select the xml file you're editing, overwriting it. The changes work in the game in exhibition mode, i think you might have to find a different file for world mode.

While we're on the topic Jeff, I have renamed all the Super 14 teams as Superleague teams. I'm hoping, when i figure it out, to change the kits, flags, logos etc too.

Good luck.

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

you know thats just notepad right?

7. jeffb

jeffb Guest

Cheers for the help :cheers:

Jeff

8. jeffb

jeffb Guest

i take it, it is the data.gob i open?? i told you i need an idiots guide :p

Cheers

Jeff

9. csrtt815

csrtt815 Guest

You can use as woosaah & EVOL have said Notepad, but i find ( php Expert Editor 3.2.1 ) better, its a cool package to use as it shows you the open & closed quoted parts in a different colour makes it easy to find and edit! ;) and yes you can use it to edit *.xml *.php *.html and more?

10. jeffb

jeffb Guest

Cheers buddy,

Jeff

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!