Year end WXV tournament

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
As with 7s, an example of what is sensible, fair and appropriate when the vested interests that plague the men's XVs game are absent. Three divisions, with membership dependent on results from a qualifying tournament. Revolutionary!

Where else are you going to see Ireland versus Kazakhstan in Dubai!?

I like it. I hope if it goes well the men's game will follow suit. I think there is a way to do it in the men's game it will just take some work.

Is there a thread running for this? Pleased for Scotland getting a victory over the South Africans to start :)

Bad timing to have it overlapping with the World Cup. US plays Scotland which should be a real measuring stick game.
Yeah it's pretty poor really, the womens game has every right to get a fair crack at the coverage. It's becoming more spoken about how valuable it is as a sport for both male and female players so I hope this is a good platform for the gam to keep growing.

Can't find it streaming anywhere. Going off bbc live looks like a good game.

Can't find it streaming anywhere. Going off bbc live looks like a good game.
RugbyPassTV streams online - free registration and your in.

Scotland V USA was a decent game, some strong scores inthe first half and the USA put up a much better showing in the second. 5 game winning streak for Scotland now.

Curious to know how World Rugby train their female referees, presumably all go through the same system? Guess it will take some time to build up a pool of experience, was a shame some clear calls for both teams were missed in this match.

I'd imagine they are locally trained. The American referee was in stellenbosche a year or two before me. I don't think the wxv2 panel is part of the elite crew.

I'd imagine they are locally trained. The American referee was in stellenbosche a year or two before me. I don't think the wxv2 panel is part of the elite crew.
That would make sense on both counts, having watched a bit of the World Cup the standard of officiating seemed really good so it can only improve as more games are played. So long as it isn't a hinderance for the players in the meantime then all good IMO.

Lots of credit to Scotland. I was expecting to do a whole "USA Rugby is ded" rant but after watching the first half plus highlights it was a pretty good contest. Scotland is just a good side. France vs New Zealand was real good. Bleues have some real athletes in the backline.

Even just watching the highlights of WXV 2 and 3 games has made me realize how great an idea this is and am hopeful th men's side adopts something like this to augment the autumn internationals. Spain and Kazakhstan look like competent rugby nations. Not good teams but competent. It's hard on Ireland to have them on WXV3.

Ahh sorry, missed your message and would t have known anyway

On sky sport in NZ

And finished now

Found it in the UK, looked a good game. Skills and athleticism a step up with these 2 teams

Latest posts