• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yet Another Exclusive - E3 Screenshots -RWC 2011

Dunno what was said about this earlier, as i was checking the thread on my phone in the middle of a meeting but read over the lazygamer.net link (http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/e3-2011-coverage-rugby-world-cup-2011/)

If this is correct then by the sounds of it the AI gameplay is gonna be a lot more advanced and challenging - so im guessing we wont be able to do several laps around the field anymore, with the whole team chasing you :lol: lol.

Choosing your own squad of 30 players must mean there are a fair few players for each country on the game. And being able to edit attributes and positions should give us pleanty of stuff to play around with.

"Once we had run over the modes, I was taken right into the action and was truly lost for words" - This comment did make me feel alot better!

P.S Spear tackle! :D

buuum!!!

R11_E3_2011_003.jpg

im really sorry, but the screenshots had better be from early development. as much as they go on about gameplay, if the graphcs aren't nex gen, then it will turn away a lot of potential game buyers. not me though, ive been waiting four years for a rugby game, i dont care what i get haha

I believe the graphics has improved. Not that you can really tell by the screens, but to me there is an improvement.

So many people are so quick to write off this game, maybe they are comparing the kool flash close up screens of RC with the Long way away screens of this game.

People wanted more screens etc, and still moan :p Wait till the final product is shown or has been played then judge. But for now people need to take a chill pill.

Really? I thought it was to "Baaaa" louder then the sheep who posted before you.

These screenshots are much better than the first two. As most other people have said the graphics dont look up to scratch for 'next gen' (current gen). However saying that there does appear to be improvement since the first two screenshots so maybe they just left the graphics til the end and focused on gameplay and now they are gonna spend all their time between now and the release (i think is in the fall???) to polish the game and make it look great.

We won't see anything near completed player models until the game is practically out, I'd say. It's not a million miles off at the minute, though.

on a side note. Im delighted about Sidhe making a rugby game. Mostly for the reason of competition. Before HB had a strangle hold on the rugby market and were able to throw out any type of game knowing we'd all buy it. Now with a bit of competition, both companies will try out do each other...which is great for us consumers. Hopefully one (or both) will release an annual game, even if its just an updated version with more licenses, this would give either company a serious competitive edge by the time the next world cup comes around. Look at PES and FIFA, both were trying to out do each other. I was a PES man until FIFA 09. Until FIFA 09 came out PES had the upper hand on gameplay, FIFA always had an advantage with licenses and graphics. But gameplay is what always dictates the winner in my view. Which is what we'll see with Sidhe and HB. Gameplay and game modes define a game. Licensing is the icing on the cake and graphics is just the cherry on top, to me.

this preview article really tells you alot about how much development they have left and what the game is like so far and it actually sounds promising.
http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/e3-2011-coverage-rugby-world-cup-2011/

that's the first thing i've seen that has made me excited about this game.

why on earth can't HB release more information like this (albeit by proxy in this case) rather than a few ropey screenshots and absolute silence on everything else?

it's amazing how much a bit more communication can change opinion and increase anticipation. i was absolutely convinced i wouldn't be buying this game, and would be buying rugby challenge. now i'm really looking forward to seeing more and on the basis of that article will probably be buying it.

that article has made the game sound good with the gameplay, but the graphics r still bad and i hate playing games with bad graphics it just really starts to bug me

that's the first thing i've seen that has made me excited about this game.

why on earth can't HB release more information like this (albeit by proxy in this case) rather than a few ropey screenshots and absolute silence on everything else?

it's amazing how much a bit more communication can change opinion and increase anticipation. i was absolutely convinced i wouldn't be buying this game, and would be buying rugby challenge. now i'm really looking forward to seeing more and on the basis of that article will probably be buying it.

Absolutely agree there. Reading that has made me incredibly excited for a game that until now I can only describe my feelings towards as hopeful, yet underwhelmed at what I'd seen. I am curious as to how the game will play in the contact area though. Saying it's very fast is all very well and good, but what's most important to me is an efficient - yet skill rewarding - rucking system.
Also, I'm curious as to how licenses will operate in the world cup. I know Sidhe have exclusive licenses to all the TN countries etc, but I'd be interested to know if, in the context of a world cup license, they'd be granted all world cup teams and team jerseys (given that they are sponsorless and specific to the event).

That youtube bloke has been poaching content from every source he can and passing it off as his own for months. Doesn't even attempt to mix it up a little.
Can I Ask What Is Wrong With Me, Telling My Subscribers About The New Rugby Game, My Opinions? I Have Hardly Been Poaching Ccontent Of Every Soucrce I Have Always Linked My Information Back To The Original Source Always! Some People Find It Easier To Watch A Video About The Latest Information Instead Of Reading Through Forums And Arcticles, My Other Reason For Doing It Is I Do It For My Mate Who Lost His Sight Last Year! So Now :D

Absolutely agree there. Reading that has made me incredibly excited for a game that until now I can only describe my feelings towards as hopeful, yet underwhelmed at what I'd seen. I am curious as to how the game will play in the contact area though. Saying it's very fast is all very well and good, but what's most important to me is an efficient - yet skill rewarding - rucking system.

Yeah totally agree, this could be the making or breaking of either game. So little is known about the actual mechanics that have been implemented so there could be some big surprises. So far over at Sidhe on a hands-on article it was stated that the rucks don't allow you to remove players, so many people have been speculating as to what this means. Hopefully it doesn't just mean that you have to make a decision to add players and depending on their stats you will either win or lose. On the other hand, HB have had unprecedented access to the minds of us folk here at TRF, and some fantastic ideas have been put forward in this area and many others. I do have faith that HB will have understood us and tried to incorporate our ideas, understanding the flaws the previous games had and the ways to resolve them. :)

The latest screenshots are a bit of a tease really - they do show us some new stuff, but nothing unusual or unexpected. At least they'll keep some people quiet until more stuff is released later down the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you get this game you will be able 2 scratch the paint off of the disc and you will see rugby 08.

Latest posts