• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yorkshire Carnegie in financial trouble.

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
Players to have a emergency meeting with the Chairman to discuss the future.
Rumoured that majority shareholder Jon Wright is withdrawing his moneyhas pulled out.

Reported in the rugby paper.
Matt Smith signed for Doncaster with Andrew Foster and Pete Lucock set to follow.
Andrew Forsyth to leicester + Cov
oli Fox has interest from Bath
Chris Elder to Chinnor
Dan Temm to Bedford

Sounds like they are going to have to leave Headingly.

Carnegie have found enough change down the back of the sofa to sign Tom Varndell...

I have noticed they have had very heavy defeats and got nilled so far. Not very good.

Depressing article on Carnegie in the Times today - "Shameful tale of England's worst Club".

Total mismanagement, financial and otherwise.

So far they've lost all 6. For 97 Against 294. A solitary try bonus point.

Quotes from a couple of recent players......

"You've signed for a great club which used to have great people working in its rugby programme. I hope you're prepared to listen to lie after lie from a board who truly are some of the worst people I've encountered."

In response to a statement from the Chief Exec "We haven't all just been let down, we have been entirely screwed over by the Yorkshire board. You mention that all nine players 'supported' the CVA. That is rubbish. Had we known Yorkshire needed 100 per cent support for the CVA, myself and many others would have voted no".

The most shameful part of the whole mess (IMO) is the blind eye turned to the whole mess by the RFU / RPA / Geoff Irvine.

Elsewhere in RFU - the Cornish Pirates are in the process of building a new stadium with the goal of moving up to Premiership. I hope they make it. :cool:

170px-Cornish_Pirates_logo.svg.png

W
Elsewhere in RFU - the Cornish Pirates are in the process of building a new stadium with the goal of moving up to Premiership. I hope they make it. :cool:

170px-Cornish_Pirates_logo.svg.png
Would be a great addition. I would add in Newcastle, Pirates, 'Sarries' and one other, (probably in North somewhere) and ring fence with those 15 teams.
3 groups of 5 play 18 matches plus play offs.

Latest posts