• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your favorite match from your country so far post-2011

really ? I'd have thought Scotland vs France 2014. Scotland lost narrowly, it's true, but the display from both teams was just so formidable, an epic battle of such a tremendous magnitude...it was practically reminiscent of Norse Mythology and the Wars in Valhalla. Yeaaah...
being honest, it would be the best if we won the match

I'd go with the All Blacks vs South Africa second test last year. Was exciting the whole way, lots of great rugby and great tries. Add to the build up that so many South African's were claiming they were robbed after a red card to du Plessis.

We was roBBYREFD!!!!!

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]7 September 2013[/TD]
[TD]Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]12 – 38[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Especially after a run of disappointing games against Aus in particular that semi final exit 2011.

For me, both those tests are pretty much up there. But I have to say that post 2011, there haven't been many memorable Springbok tests, that has filled my head with good memories.

My favourite match will have to be the thrashing we inflicted on Argentina last year, beating them 73-13.

really ? I'd have thought Scotland vs France 2014. Scotland lost narrowly, it's true, but the display from both teams was just so formidable, an epic battle of such a tremendous magnitude...it was practically reminiscent of Norse Mythology and the Wars in Valhalla. Yeaaah...

I quite enjoyed that match too, but I'm still baffled by how Scotland managed to lose it! For me it all came down to that Huget interception, Scotland should have scored there, and probably secured the match by being 10/12 points clear.

My favourite game is when the Manu bet the Wallabies.

Other games I have enjoyed not from my country..

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite enjoyed that match too, but I'm still baffled by how Scotland managed to lose it! For me it all came down to that Huget interception, Scotland should have scored there, and probably secured the match by being 10/12 points clear.

dude, you're cool and all, and I respect you. OK, I respect you. But you can't be serious there. I'm not sure what went wrong as you composed this post, as you typed this message, maybe you were on and off between TRF and maybe some shemale pron, I dunno, I can't judge you, OK ? But dude, there must have been some intense confusion or inattention going through you there.

twas an awful game. I can only recall the warped team selection that had -France B- written all over

and the Huget interception. And yeah how did Scotland lose that one.

Ah don't worry you'll get your chance this season and it'll be in Paris so it'll be that more special.

First 75 minutes against NZ...right up until the moment Sexton missed a straightforward pen to finish the game. The miss had a massive panic effect as players and fans knew it should have been game over and everyone was on edge following it. The ending was almost inevitable.

We had the wrong fly half on at the end for such a situation.

and the lineout. I don't know how the French staff managed to take Brice Mach, a Rugby veteran who happens to be the starting hooker for Top 14-best lineout Castres Olympique; and let what transpired in Murrayfield that night happen. I've never seen such a display at the lineout from an international side. It was simply, and only, comical. No other way to possibly put it.

30-3's the obvious one, but the 2012 win over Ireland in the Aviva Stadium was a great game, too, and set a lot of things in motion. In some ways, that might be my pick, but only because I've watched 30-3 so many times over the Ireland match is fresher in my mind.

dude, you're cool and all, and I respect you. OK, I respect you. But you can't be serious there. I'm not sure what went wrong as you composed this post, as you typed this message, maybe you were on and off between TRF and maybe some shemale pron, I dunno, I can't judge you, OK ? But dude, there must have been some intense confusion or inattention going through you there.

I may have missed the sarcasm in your other post :p I can never tell with you damn Frenchmen ;) in all honestly, I kinda enjoyed the game though, but probably because Scotland actually put in a decent display, and should've won it if it wasn't for that silly long pass out to the free men out wide

30-3's the obvious one, but the 2012 win over Ireland in the Aviva Stadium was a great game, too, and set a lot of things in motion. In some ways, that might be my pick, but only because I've watched 30-3 so many times over the Ireland match is fresher in my mind.

pretty good choice, I see exactly what you mean when you say it "set a lot of things in motion". It's comparable to the following year's Welsh victory in France. Super tough game, away, early in the tournament and the super hard earned win that gave the team its confidence to win the tournament eventually.
But surely the 30-3 is the Welsh pick unanimously here.

I may have missed the sarcasm in your other post :p I can never tell with you damn Frenchmen ;) in all honestly, I kinda enjoyed the game though, but probably because Scotland actually put in a decent display, and should've won it if it wasn't for that silly long pass out to the free men out wide

oh Thingimubob, please !! I may be a handful, but I assure you I am but one man !

Now to be (even more !!!) serious: do you Welsh ppl feel there's really a big connection betw. you and, say, the Scots ? I mean, the whole Celtic thing, do you really get happy for Scotland if they're on the verge of beating a good team ? Surely you'll answer that you're happy whenever Ireland or Scotland beats England, as they're the old enemy and all that, but something less meaning-laden, like Scotland beating France, is that usually seen as sort of "ah, good, a Celtic side won today" ? Would you say that's a general tendency, or not at all ? Are ppl in fact neutral to that and there isn't a majority and some would root for France, others Scotland ?..

oh Thingimubob, please !! I may be a handful, but I assure you I am but one man !

Now to be (even more !!!) serious: do you Welsh ppl feel there's really a big connection betw. you and, say, the Scots ? I mean, the whole Celtic thing, do you really get happy for Scotland if they're on the verge of beating a good team ? Surely you'll answer that you're happy whenever Ireland or Scotland beats England, as they're the old enemy and all that, but something less meaning-laden, like Scotland beating France, is that usually seen as sort of "ah, good, a Celtic side won today" ? Would you say that's a general tendency, or not at all ? Are ppl in fact neutral to that and there isn't a majority and some would root for France, others Scotland ?..

Yeah right ;)

Um for me its more of an underdog thing, it's always nice to see a team upset the favourite. Scotland disappoint me more than anything , they should be a much better team than they are! Do still like them to do well in the 6N, but preferably not against Wales or Italy :p

I'd go with the All Blacks vs South Africa second test last year. Was exciting the whole way, lots of great rugby and great tries. Add to the build up that so many South African's were claiming they were robbed after a red card to du Plessis.

This as well, was an intense game that was billed as a battle to remember and it was that, had Habana stayed on the field the result may have changed as he was a freak in his 2 tries and was carving up all over the place.

Close honors to the Ireland game on the EOY tour 2013, Ireland started with a spark and layed the law down early, the AB's showed a mental toughness that has been building over the years to come back and score when and where they did, then Crudens conversion(2nd attempt) to win it.

I'm not sure, maybe The Pumas vs Wales in Cardiff 2012 (Spring Tour) or The Pumas vs Boks in Mendoza, The Rugby Championship 2012.

Springboks v All Blacks, Ellis Park 2013; my favourite hands down by a mile. Ireland v All Blacks, Lansdowne Road 2013 second

Do still like them to do well in the 6N, but preferably not against Wales or Italy :p

...you, like, a huge fan of pizza ??...

I'm not sure, maybe The Pumas vs Wales in Cardiff 2012 (Spring Tour) or The Pumas vs Boks in Mendoza, The Rugby Championship 2012.

yeah but come on man, that's like the most frustrating game in Puma history though. It's got to be the one in Cardiff. They won so comfortably, and it was right after the whole world had praised them amply following their perhaps win-less but yet excellent first TRC run. I remember that Imhoff try, blazing speed, I think it was HP defending, left for dead. They were looking a little bit scary at that exact moment, I had quite a bit of apprehension about them coming to France after that.

Probably the game against Ireland last year. It was the first time McKenzie's new team really looked to properly click into gear against a genuinely good opposition (something the Irish demonstrated the following week against the ABs)

Probably the game against Ireland last year. It was the first time McKenzie's new team really looked to properly click into gear against a genuinely good opposition (something the Irish demonstrated the following week against the ABs)

true that was a very good game from the Wallabies, but Ireland weren't nearly the team they were that day and then later against the AB. They played hard but totally lacked precision. In fact that game was a big wakeup call for Ireland, I genuinely believe they were so disappointed by that performance not scoring a single try and conceding many (four ?) was just such a disillusion to them and they expected so much more and knew they were much better, that provoked a huge reaction within them all and they just tore shiit up in the next test, and possibly (I dunno) that's what gave them so much motivation and confidence entering the 6N, and winning it.

If I were Australian, I'd say maybe the second test against the Lions (although that brings that whole series to mind and isn't a fond memory...).
I may also have picked Test 3 against France, because although the opposition was woeful, it was after a huge blowout in Test 1, a crazy low-score Test 2 somewhat competitive, and then just when you thought the French had figured Aus out they take another pounding. Possibly satisfying for Aussies, although not all that much when you understand just how France were on that tour for a number of distinct reasons.
I think the best is to come, though, for Australia.

And if I'm Irish, I'd say the game against Wales 2014. Cardiff 2013 was a huge ego-boost too, but it didn't end satisfyingly, and was just a one-off. Tournament was a total failure overall. But Wales 2014 in Dublin was complete domination, the whole 80minutes, and THE symbol of Ireland's ***le.

true that was a very good game from the Wallabies, but Ireland weren't nearly the team they were that day and then later against the AB. They played hard but totally lacked precision. In fact that game was a big wakeup call for Ireland, I genuinely believe they were so disappointed by that performance not scoring a single try and conceding many (four ?) was just such a disillusion to them and they expected so much more and knew they were much better, that provoked a huge reaction within them all and they just tore shiit up in the next test, and possibly (I dunno) that's what gave them so much motivation and confidence entering the 6N, and winning it.

If I were Australian, I'd say maybe the second test against the Lions (although that brings that whole series to mind and isn't a fond memory...).
I may also have picked Test 3 against France, because although the opposition was woeful, it was after a huge blowout in Test 1, a crazy low-score Test 2 somewhat competitive, and then just when you thought the French had figured Aus out they take another pounding. Possibly satisfying for Aussies, although not all that much when you understand just how France were on that tour for a number of distinct reasons.
I think the best is to come, though, for Australia.

And if I'm Irish, I'd say the game against Wales 2014. Cardiff 2013 was a huge ego-boost too, but it didn't end satisfyingly, and was just a one-off. Tournament was a total failure overall. But Wales 2014 in Dublin was complete domination, the whole 80minutes, and THE symbol of Ireland's ***le.

Some fair points there. It's always hard to gauge unless you're hamming a side like the All Blacks how much a win reflects. But yes, that third test against France was absolutely brilliant stuff, but the gloss went off it a little due to news of all the players France were missing and their generally disorganised nature through the series.

Latest posts