• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your game of the tournament(Prediction)

Samoa vs Fiji

Eden Park, Auckland

Home to the largest Pacific Island Population. Apart from the Finals and AB vs France, Eden Park will be close to sellout.

Why; Because this game could determine who goes through to the quaterfinals in Pool D.

Style has nothing to do with success.

Out of games that will happen Ireland vs Australia. Also the first post is pretty funny how could we ever suggest NH teams play entertaining rugby while teams like the 'boks have such intricate back play.

Our group Fiji vs Samoa. Its a game where you are going to wince at the force of the tackles more than any other game. But other than that, NZ - France really stands out to me.

For me its Georgia vs Anyone.
and also NZ vs NH teams. Potentially the best one Would Be Georgia vs NZ, that would be worth watching

cant wait for the game between russia & usa. that ought to be a cracka.....View attachment 1155

So you wouldn't count this as entertaining? :rolleyes: hate it when people assume the minnows can't play entertaining stuff

Also find it very amusing at how overconfident a few SA fans on here are! Seem to think they're guaranteed that semi spot, despite the fact that they're in probably the hardest group in the whole tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
My contraversial choice is England v Scotland, simply because it is the oldest international rivelry in history.

My contraversial choice is England v Scotland, simply because it is the oldest international rivelry in history.
I think weather could certainly add an interesting (mundane IMO) dimension to things, especially in places like Invercargill or Dunedin where the weather is bound to be shitty - every bit as shitty as Northern European weather in April I guess. England and Scotland both have to play games down there, and if either one of you fell foul to the weather, then Sco vs. Eng in Auckland could indeed be a cracker.

So you wouldn't count this as entertaining? :rolleyes: hate it when people assume the minnows can't play entertaining stuff

Also find it very amusing at how overconfident a few SA fans on here are! Seem to think they're guaranteed that semi spot, despite the fact that they're in probably the hardest group in the whole tournament.

OVERCONFIDENT?!?! after our squad anouncement last night im everything but overconfident!

still think we'll beat u guys tho...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If france bring their A game their match against New Zealand will be awesome.
lower down the chain argentina vs georgia will be worth watching just for the hits and scrums alone.

@ Nicolaas

Feicarsinn isn't jealous.

the ***le of this thread is "Your Game of The Tournament"

I would have to agree with Feicarsinn, that on the basis of what I have seen from SA recently, their style of play would not be a component of an attractive game of rugby sorry.

Lets face fact: SA's last 2 games points tally has been 27 points - all from penalties.

If after the tournament is over, a game full of that kind of stuff consittutes a "game of the tournament" I will offically switch to another sport.

A NZ/Australia should be a cracker, first because it's the 2 nicest games on the scene, and also because (if I'm not wrong) it's never happened before in the WC, and so expected...
Talking about NZ/France, they shouldn't be that exciting. In the pool stage, France shouldn't exist really, and if the traditional miracle happens, we'll be burned for the final meeting. The cracker/performance could then be a AUS/france semi, as France beating England in the quarter is not that surrealistic.

OVERCONFIDENT?!?! after our squad anouncement last night im everything but overconfident!

still think we'll beat u guys tho...;)

Don't worry, we will poison the food of the other teams in our pool and do the same to the other teams that we play in the RWC.

France vs New Zealand is another game I'm looking forward to seeing.

Lol at the suggestion that a game involving South Africa will be the game of the tournament. I'm planning some pretty extensive paint-drying-watching sessions to coincide with the Bok games.

nz vs sa would be the game of the tournament...considering sa are the best suited to give them a run for there money! and please dont say u supporting irleand mate....would hate for that "unattractive" rugby to send u home.

nz vs sa would be the game of the tournament...considering sa are the best suited to give them a run for there money! and please dont say u supporting irleand mate....would hate for that "unattractive" rugby to send u home.

gotta agree here. they are both likely to meet in the semis if they win all their games. i think the SA defence will be much improved come October. NZ will have home advantage..they will be favorites, but NZ have more to lose than SA and therefore will play out of their skins in a knockout game. Plus every team is extra motivated to knock either the All Blacks, the favorites or hosts...in this occasion NZ are all 3.

gotta agree here. they are both likely to meet in the semis if they win all their games. i think the SA defence will be much improved come October. NZ will have home advantage..they will be favorites, but NZ have more to lose than SA and therefore will play out of their skins in a knockout game. Plus every team is extra motivated to knock either the All Blacks, the favorites or hosts...in this occasion NZ are all 3.

Gotta disagree with both you and Mattygboi

And thats purely on what SA have dished up the last 2 weeks.

Penalties galore? No thanks.

NZ v Aus is FAR more appealing.

Latest posts