• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Help Needed! - tornament creating

W

woosaah

Hi,

Could someone please do me a favour. I need someone to start a super14 tornament and save it. it doesnt matter who you chose for a team to start with or anything i just need the tornament file without the games being played.

its just, i have an idea. I have been playing around with cricket 2005 and had a look at their tornament editor and i want to see if i can do something similar for rugby. not sure if i can do it, but who knows. I would do it myself, but i am not at home. if i dont get anything today ill do it tonight and have a look. otherwise if i do get something in the next 4 hours ill have a look and see what i can do, if anything.

cheers and thanks for your time.

oh and no promises that i can do anything i ahve no idea how the file is set out

W

woosaah

legend, if i can get this to change teams and add teams and fixtures, we will be laughing :)

W

woosaah

Excellent, now if anyone wants to help me and disecting the file just post in here. I am positive if we can disect it and change stuff that i will be able to do this.

if the guys and planet cricket can do it i know i can :)

Right...

About the 50th byte are the teams 2 bytes the team then 2 bytes of 0

that looks like a maximum of 17 or 28 teams can be used. will try add teams and run the game when i get home but at this stage i am going to try figure out what some of the other stuff is.

i think the player data at the end of the file is for records etc so i wont worry about that

W

woosaah

ok i gues no1 actually wants it.

i have been able to change teams, i have australia and new zealand in the super 12 in the place of brumbies and highlanders (just pissin around) but have to find out where the fixtures are so i can change them there. at the moment it still has the same fixtures, i am sure i can find that so i can actually play against the teams instead of the teams just listed and if they win they get the points, if you get what i am saying :)

G

gallopaway

hey im interested, it will be really cool if you can get this to work.

mike

E

edinburgh_gunner

I aint much use for stuff like this, but still I'll do what I can.

W

woosaah

oh well thats cool.

*********UPDATE***************

I have succesfully added teams into the comp, as stated above, They just dont play as those teams as of yet. I have also found out where the fixtures are so we will be able to change them. But i need a list of the fixtures, and the corresponding numbers to be able to upload into my program.

i am quietly confident about this one!

W

woosaah

well, this is going to be harder than what i first thought, each tornament file is different. totally different. which is going to suck.

after i have done the super14 one i might play with the world league one to put in all international teams or something.

still no1 around to help me look at the files?

E

EVOL

sorry if youve already covered this but, wouldnt it be better to change the rsg files?

E

EVOL

just a quick rsg change for the tri nations, just swapped out australia (2) for england (5) in notepad, is this what you had in mind

W

woosaah

ok i havnt even seen an rsg file, which ones are they?

and yes that would be easier, you dont have them all extracted all ready do you? i have just reinstalled windows and havnt got all the biggui stuf and whatever out yet

W

woosaah

well wicked, i can definatly do something with them

even easier than using the trn files, LEGEND

W

woosaah

ok what i have done so far is, well i done the whole world leageue, changed all the teams. dont know if it worked or not but will find out when i get home.

change all the teams to internationals, with a few left over since there are alot of teams, it also may crash on me as i dont have teams like chilie and such full or kits or anything, who knows ;)

hopefully it will work :)

E

EVOL

i had a go at the world league myself, i just changed england in for the chiefs, but at the selection screen the chiefs still popped up but no england, i chose the chiefs anyway and when it went into the main bit i was another team, um cant remember but like another starting team.

i had a look through the stats pages and sure enough england had replaced chiefs, only i couldnt select them, weird

sorry im typing in a hurry

W

woosaah

hmm interesting ill have a look after this weekend, everyone is up here now for the best weekend of the year :)