• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Help Needed! - tornament creating

W

woosaah

Hi,

Could someone please do me a favour. I need someone to start a super14 tornament and save it. it doesnt matter who you chose for a team to start with or anything i just need the tornament file without the games being played.

its just, i have an idea. I have been playing around with cricket 2005 and had a look at their tornament editor and i want to see if i can do something similar for rugby. not sure if i can do it, but who knows. I would do it myself, but i am not at home. if i dont get anything today ill do it tonight and have a look. otherwise if i do get something in the next 4 hours ill have a look and see what i can do, if anything.

cheers and thanks for your time.

oh and no promises that i can do anything i ahve no idea how the file is set out

legend, if i can get this to change teams and add teams and fixtures, we will be laughing :)

Excellent, now if anyone wants to help me and disecting the file just post in here. I am positive if we can disect it and change stuff that i will be able to do this.

if the guys and planet cricket can do it i know i can :)

Right...

About the 50th byte are the teams 2 bytes the team then 2 bytes of 0

that looks like a maximum of 17 or 28 teams can be used. will try add teams and run the game when i get home but at this stage i am going to try figure out what some of the other stuff is.

i think the player data at the end of the file is for records etc so i wont worry about that

ok i gues no1 actually wants it.

i have been able to change teams, i have australia and new zealand in the super 12 in the place of brumbies and highlanders (just pissin around) but have to find out where the fixtures are so i can change them there. at the moment it still has the same fixtures, i am sure i can find that so i can actually play against the teams instead of the teams just listed and if they win they get the points, if you get what i am saying :)

hey im interested, it will be really cool if you can get this to work.

mike

oh well thats cool.

*********UPDATE***************

I have succesfully added teams into the comp, as stated above, They just dont play as those teams as of yet. I have also found out where the fixtures are so we will be able to change them. But i need a list of the fixtures, and the corresponding numbers to be able to upload into my program.

i am quietly confident about this one!

well, this is going to be harder than what i first thought, each tornament file is different. totally different. which is going to suck.

after i have done the super14 one i might play with the world league one to put in all international teams or something.

still no1 around to help me look at the files?

sorry if youve already covered this but, wouldnt it be better to change the rsg files?

just a quick rsg change for the tri nations, just swapped out australia (2) for england (5) in notepad, is this what you had in mind

r1dc2.jpg

r2lr9.jpg

r3hc6.jpg

r4fn8.jpg

ok i havnt even seen an rsg file, which ones are they?

and yes that would be easier, you dont have them all extracted all ready do you? i have just reinstalled windows and havnt got all the biggui stuf and whatever out yet

well wicked, i can definatly do something with them

even easier than using the trn files, LEGEND

ok what i have done so far is, well i done the whole world leageue, changed all the teams. dont know if it worked or not but will find out when i get home.

change all the teams to internationals, with a few left over since there are alot of teams, it also may crash on me as i dont have teams like chilie and such full or kits or anything, who knows ;)

hopefully it will work :)

i had a go at the world league myself, i just changed england in for the chiefs, but at the selection screen the chiefs still popped up but no england, i chose the chiefs anyway and when it went into the main bit i was another team, um cant remember but like another starting team.

i had a look through the stats pages and sure enough england had replaced chiefs, only i couldnt select them, weird

sorry im typing in a hurry

hmm interesting ill have a look after this weekend, everyone is up here now for the best weekend of the year :)

Latest posts