• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Perfect Match

Proper tours are coming back?! That's awesome!

A NH XV vs SH XV clash would be kinda cool as well just for the ridiculousness. Q fantasy XV's...

Except for WC years, when has there not been proper tours?

I mean PROPER tours where you play a series against 1 nation and intrigue starts to generate instead of this hopping around 1 off nonsense. Also, not playing a nation for 3 years and then facing them in a 3 match series is just incomparably more special.

Stade Toulousain - Canterbury Crusaders, Ellis Park Stadium, K.O. 20h00 PARIS TIME.

Since when have the Scots called the English poms? :p

Just more recognisable on the world stage.

And we'd get expelled from the IRB if we called them what we usually do in front billions of viewers. :lol:

I mean PROPER tours where you play a series against 1 nation and intrigue starts to generate instead of this hopping around 1 off nonsense. Also, not playing a nation for 3 years and then facing them in a 3 match series is just incomparably more special.

Thanks, it sounds pretty awesome indeed.

SA vs. England 3 match series, Aus vs. Wales 3 match series, New Zealand vs Ireland 3 match series.

Don't know what us, the Frogs, Italians and Argies are up to though, according to the IRB 'official dossier', we were supposed to be paying a trip to Aus and the Islands, however Aus are busy and we have nothing to offer the Pacific Island teams, doubt we would even draw a big enough crowd to cover stadium expense. :(

See linky:

http://www.fosrs.org.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=61&func=view&id=44140&catid=4

Your link works only for users registered in the scottish supporters' forum... I believe that Argentina counts as SH for these matters, so I guess one of the other three nations will be touring Argentina (?) Too bad for the Argies, theyseem to be playing us, the scottish and the italians all the time...

I believe, from next year, they're going incorporate playing club sides etc. mid-week rather than just against the National side

Yes. Thanks. I forgot to add the midweeks. Awesome opportunities for up-and-commers to don the national jersey and for club/provincial sides to claim a scalp.

I'd pay a lot of money to see WP take on England!

Your link works only for users registered in the scottish supporters' forum... I believe that Argentina counts as SH for these matters, so I guess one of the other three nations will be touring Argentina (?) Too bad for the Argies, theyseem to be playing us, the scottish and the italians all the time...

Oops, it's only Scotland's supposed itinerary anyway.

Yip, it's a pity, the only thing that has stopped us touring Argentina every year since 2007 are the Lions tour and this world cup.
I've an idea, what about a little mini comp? Only 4 SH teams to be toured (cannae really tour the Islands), have something like the Churchill Cup, except with the 'left out' nations. Checking back on it, that little schedule by the IRB said there would be some kind of tournament in South Africa in 2013 during the Lions tour

Meh, I don't know, just wish the SRU would hurry up, some people might book holidays to go and watch these tours, will certain, pay SA a visit if we do indeed have a tournament and tour here in 2013/ 2014

Speaking of which, what's going to happen with the S15 during the Lions tour?

I like proper tours coming back, but there is one problem a 3 match series are only good if the teams are even

a 3 match series between Scotland and New Zealand would be very tedious, and even nations such as Ireland and Wales would struggle to be competitive with New Zealand for three matches in New Zealand

does anybody know if tours are coming back for the November internationals as well?

I must admit those one off matches just repeated every year (normally with the same results) are getting a bit boring, and ticket sales last year showed it

Can you post the calendar please? I haven't been able to find it

I saw the full calendar more than a year ago, unfortunately I can't find it, however I have dug up some article links which one could use to pretty much re-construct it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...th-Africa-2012-rugby-finally-goes-future.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...as-New-Zealand-send-out-tour-invitations.html

http://www.scotlandrugbyteam.org/content/view/1895/100/ ========= This one has the most readable schedule, but bear in mind the 'tours' of NZ and SA and Scotland are only going to consist of a single match against these teams.

I'd love to see a northen XV vs southern XV play in easter island, ecuador, so it's in the middle of the world, epic. enough