08 Brown Faletau

09 W Evans
10 Tovey
11 Pewtner/Davis Brew
12 Smith
13 Leach
14 Hughes
15 S Jones

Away for RWC: Burns (?), Charteris, Lydiate, Faletau, Brew (?)
Injured: Harries (~2012), M Thomas (?)

Scott Williams, Gareth Maule, Lou Reed, Rhys Thomas? Hooker would be Rhys Lawrence and failing that would probably see Craig Hawkins.
The same Rhys Lawrance that has signed for Bristol?

I'm impressed with Kirby Myhill and would like to see more of him during the World Cup.

01 Price
02 Willis (Depending on Burns performance this Summer) Burnes
03 Way
04 Sidoli
05 AM Jones Charteris
06 L Evans Lydiate
07 Thomas
08 Brown Faletau

09 W Evans
10 Tovey
11 Pewtner/Davis Brew
12 Smith
13 Leach
14 Hughes
15 S Jones

Away for RWC: Burns (?), Charteris, Lydiate, Faletau, Brew (?)
Injured: Harries (~2012), M Thomas (?)

You're a Sharks fan according to the emblem in your profile

Got me there.
As you already sorted out the Sharks 22, someone had to do the Dragons ;)

1. James Slipper
2. Tatafu Polota-nau
3. Sekope Kepu
4. James Horwill
5. Nathan Sharpe
6. Scott Higginbotham
7.David Pocock
8. Wycliff Palu (Dunno about anyone else maybe Radike Samo?)

9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Mike Harris
13. Anthony faingaa
14. Drew Mitchell (if fit)
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

16. James Hanson
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sita Timani (The Waratahs guy)
19. Matt Hodgson
20. Luke Burgess
21. Matt Giteau (Can cover 4 spots in the wallabies. doesn't matter if he's not up to scratch this year he's still class.)
22. Lachie Turner.

I think Woldog didn't read the explanation in the openingpost haha

1. Van Der Merve
2. Strauss
3. Hagan
4. Toner
5. Sykes
6. Ryan
7. Jordi Murphy (former 'rock captain in academy)
8. Ruddock
9. Boss
10. Berquist
11. Carr
12. Madigan
13. O'Malley
14. Horgan
15. Nacewa

16. Harris-Wright
17. Mcgrath
18. Shawe
19. Ed O'Donoghue
21. Paul O'Donohoe
22. McKinley
23. Conway

I think Woldog didn't read the explanation in the openingpost haha
Orite, yeah you got me, I skipped that, but hey at least I didn't include James O'Connor or Kurtley Beale so you will never know if I was for serious muwuhahahaha.

This isn't necessarily the team I would choose. But this is the team I think Graham Henry will opt for, injuries permitting.

15. Mils Muliaina
14. Cory Jane
13. Conrad Smith
12. SBW
11. Hosea Gear
10. Dan Carter
9. James Cowan

8. Kieran Read
7. Richie McCaw (c)
6. Jerome Kaino
5. Sam Whitelock
4. Brad Thorn
3. Owen Franks
2. Keven Mealamu
1. Tony Woodcock

16. Andrew Hore
17. Ben Franks
18. Anthony Boric
19. Liam Messam
20. Piri Weepu
21. Luke McAlister
22. Isa Toeava

This isn't necessarily the team I would choose. But this is the team I think Graham Henry will opt for, injuries permitting.

15. Mils Muliaina
14. Cory Jane
13. Conrad Smith
12. SBW
11. Hosea Gear
10. Dan Carter
9. James Cowan

8. Kieran Read
7. Richie McCaw (c)
6. Jerome Kaino
5. Sam Whitelock
4. Brad Thorn
3. Owen Franks
2. Keven Mealamu
1. Tony Woodcock

16. Andrew Hore
17. Ben Franks
18. Anthony Boric
19. Liam Messam
20. Piri Weepu
21. Luke McAlister
22. Isa Toeava

I think you are pretty much right on the mark there. I think Toeava may be preferred on the right wing, but Jane may well get that position. The reserve prop will be between Ben Franks and Afoa, and I felt that Afoa seemed to be preferred over Franks by the end of last year, so may get the nod.

Hosea Gear has the edge to start on the left wing at this stage, but I just have a strange feeling that Henry and co. may end up picking Sivivatu. Sivivatu has shown glimpses of form over the last few weeks, and is definitely a favourite of the selection panel, while in contrast the selectors have not favoured Gear in the past. Though I think Gear will get a chance at the start of the Tri-nations, I feel one bad performance is all that it will take for him to drop down the pecking order again...

I think you are pretty much right on the mark there. I think Toeava may be preferred on the right wing, but Jane may well get that position. The reserve prop will be between Ben Franks and Afoa, and I felt that Afoa seemed to be preferred over Franks by the end of last year, so may get the nod.

Hosea Gear has the edge to start on the left wing at this stage, but I just have a strange feeling that Henry and co. may end up picking Sivivatu. Sivivatu has shown glimpses of form over the last few weeks, and is definitely a favourite of the selection panel, while in contrast the selectors have not favoured Gear in the past. Though I think Gear will get a chance at the start of the Tri-nations, I feel one bad performance is all that it will take for him to drop down the pecking order again...

Yeah, I agree that all the positions you mentioned will be close calls. I think Jane will be in the mix because he's been a very good player for the ABs over the past couple of seasons. Gear v Sivi is a tough call, but I think Henry realises that his backline was much more potent with a genuine finisher on his left wing on last year's EOYT. In saying that, Sivivatu is arguably in better form and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sitiveni gets the nod. Graham Henry has generally picked Sivivatu when he has been fit to play.

As for Ben Franks vs Afoa, I think Franks will get the nod because of his defensive workrate and superior S15 form. And whilst they are pretty even as tightheads, I think Ben is a slightly better LH.

Yeah, I agree that all the positions you mentioned will be close calls. I think Jane will be in the mix because he's been a very good player for the ABs over the past couple of seasons. Gear v Sivi is a tough call, but I think Henry realises that his backline was much more potent with a genuine finisher on his left wing on last year's EOYT. In saying that, Sivivatu is arguably in better form and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sitiveni gets the nod. Graham Henry has generally picked Sivivatu when he has been fit to play.

As for Ben Franks vs Afoa, I think Franks will get the nod because of his defensive workrate and superior S15 form. And whilst they are pretty even as tightheads, I think Ben is a slightly better LH.

I think there's little evidence for that...

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

This thread is about what your club side will look like during the WC, with it's internationals missing!

Updated guess (and updated again due to forgetfulness and Mafi):

1. Stankovich
2. Hawkins
3. White
4. Mafi
5. Skivington
6. Waldrom
7. Salvi
8. Crane
9. Young
10. Staunton
11. Morris
12. Allen
13. Smith
14. Tait
15. Hamilton

16. Hawkins
17. Bucknell
18. Brookes
19. Kirtchner/Parling
20. Woods
21. Grindal
22. Twelvetrees
23. Umm, Robinson?

Last edited:
LOL at all the test 22's!

WP:

1 Wicus Blaauw
2 Tiaan Liebenberg
3 Brok Harris
4 Rynhardt Elstadt
5 De Kock Steenkamp
6 Siya Kolisi
7 Pieter Louw
8 Duane Vermeulen
9 Dewaldt Duvenhage
10 Gary van Aswegen
11 JJ Engelbrecht
12 Tim Whitehead
13 Johan Sadie
14 Danie Poolman
15 Conrad Jantjes

16 Frans Malherbe
17 Deon Fourie
18 Adriaan Fondse
19 Nick Koster
20 Nic Groom
21 Lionel Cronje
22 Marcel Brache

Thats without Springboks and players who have left for uglier pastures but with a few players currently injured included; Yes, not only our Springboks are injured like many like to belief. In the WP we have additional; Pieter Louw, Duane Vermeulen, Lionel Cronje, Gary van Aswegen, Kurt Coleman, Rynhardt Elstadt and a few extra all injured as well.

1. Joe Marler
2. Joe Gray
3. Tim Fairbrother
4. Ollie Kohn
5. George Robson
6. Chris Robshaw (c)/Chris York
7. Will Skinner/(c)
8. Tom Guest

9. Karl Dickson
10. Nick Evans
11. Ugo Monye/Ross Chissholm
12. Jordan Turner Hall