• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your TRF

I like the idea of a chatroom.

I can't get MSN as I am using Linux about 95% of the time, and the download thingy to allow me isn't working. But I may get addicted to it a well.

...Also, a lot of forums these days have arcade sections where you can play games, I think if we get some of that then we may have members coming here in a 'slow' period, and hanging around to pass the time rather than buggering off, therefore keeping them around until something interesting happens.

Yes, an arcade with high scores would be a cool addition, interesting to see who's best at what. I also think a chat room is a good idea.

Originally posted by scot+Oct 26 2005, 02:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scot @ Oct 26 2005, 02:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 26 2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 26 2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by An Tarbh@Oct 26 2005, 01:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Oct 25 2005, 11:27 AM
hmmm change the apparence of this board..its too lame aye

id like to see todayz rugby stars in the back drop and a more darker tone to this....u need a better balance of mods too

i say cut an tarbh and st fan webby off and put up gay guy as a mod..someone said we need a balance of top posters as members so sacrifice these guys for a southerner...u should try advertising too by goin to other rugby sites and asking to link up

So Umosay, Dom, Ripper, NZL Fan and -JJ- don't create a balance do they?

wtf the f*** is dom?....jj dont contribute as much to the rugby sections..gg will out debate all these guys and touch them at the same time

ripper is quirky..he makes solid points and is followed up with a sarcastic uppercut post...

umosay is the most valuable outta all these freaks..he has the info and its displayed properly..so does gg..he writes essays on the threads and people are prone to read that crap....pick him...cut you

also allblack should be a mod..him and gg contribute alot more to the southern threads...also like to see a sth african mod..

this forum is not a rugby forum without sth africans on board

why?....coz stone cold said so...
<
rahhh

Maybe if you didn't spend the whole time on a one man quest to get rid of Rassie...

and we can't just make every decent poster around here a mod, we need ordinary members who people can look up to, I think it was Saintsfan_Webby who said that in that Staff Forum (may have been in one of the public forums).
No offence, but who did you kill to get mod? [/b]
I didn't have to kill anyone - but I had to send a few Ears and fingers in the post to convince some of the less... willing of the Staff to swear me in...

and an arcade is a preety good idea...

an example of one is here : http://www.thesportforum.com/index.php?act=Arcade

While the forum is dead these days, The users online increased dramitcally after the Arcade was interdouced.

How becoming Sky Sports Forum instead??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
What about becoming the official forum for a website such as rugbyheaven or scrum? (I'm not sure if they already have forums or not, I don't think rugbyheaven does).[/b]

You get plenty of people visiting that site, maybe e-mailing SS isnt a bad idea, asking them for direct links to TRF, and/or maybe cheap advertisements?

Originally posted by Ripper+Oct 26 2005, 02:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Oct 26 2005, 02:14 AM)</div>

id like to see todayz rugby stars in the back drop and a more darker tone to this....u need a better balance of mods too

i say cut an tarbh and st fan webby off and put up gay guy as a mod..someone said we need a balance of top posters as members so sacrifice these guys for a southerner...u should try advertising too by goin to other rugby sites and asking to link up

wtf the f*** is dom?....jj dont contribute as much to the rugby sections..gg will out debate all these guys and touch them at the same time

ripper is quirky..he makes solid points and is followed up with a sarcastic uppercut post...

umosay is the most valuable outta all these freaks..he has the info and its displayed properly..so does gg..he writes essays on the threads and people are prone to read that crap....pick him...cut you

also allblack should be a mod..him and gg contribute alot more to the southern threads...also like to see a sth african mod..

<
rahhh
Maybe if you didn't spend the whole time on a one man quest to get rid of Rassie...

and we can't just make every decent poster around here a mod, we need ordinary members who people can look up to, I think it was Saintsfan_Webby who said that in that Staff Forum (may have been in one of the public forums). [/b]
It wasn't, it was me mofo.

Pop quiz:

How come when mods/admins start off-topic threads they fell they can immediately make them sticky? Take 'Book Time' as a recent example, which was immediatley made sticky whereas 'What does it make you think of?' never was despite being probably the most popular topic of all time.

All the threads should be judged on their own merits before being made sticky or not.

I assume you mean things that AREN'T like this thread, which is important? However, I am going to UN sticky a few things, there are some threads which are none essential.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 26 2005, 03:18 PM
I assume you mean things that AREN'T like this thread, which is important? However, I am going to UN sticky a few things, there are some threads which are none essential.
Yeah obviously, just random stuff. But it's a little ridiculous when a mod just starts a random thread and pins it while other more worthy threads get left by the wayside.

I can understand the presence of this one and the 'TRF changes' one.

As a team we're uncluttering TRF. Old threads being unpinned etc etc. For those wondering where the music thread and the user profile threads have gone, they haven't been deleted, just unpinned.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 27 2005, 01:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 27 2005, 01:06 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 26 2005, 02:14 AM

<
rahhh

and we can't just make every decent poster around here a mod, we need ordinary members who people can look up to, I think it was Saintsfan_Webby who said that in that Staff Forum (may have been in one of the public forums).
It wasn't, it was me mofo. [/b]
Don't make me come over there...

I am hoping to see the post counts replaced before I reach my 3000, otherwise I can not be held responsible for my actions...

...ie. creating a new thread all about it in a lame attempt to boost my e-penis.

and reaching 3000 changes what exactly. I am missing something. I thought you already were posting like a nutcase
<
<

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 06:03 PM
and reaching 3000 changes what exactly. I am missing something. I thought you already were posting like a nutcase
<
<
Take that back right now. Other wise I can not be held responsible for my actions...

....ie. eating your parents.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 06:10 PM
ok I take it back. posting like the village idiot more like it.
<
there thats better
<
Ok, I'll take your word for it....You're lucky I swim between the flags...Or read between the smilies.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 28 2005, 07:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 28 2005, 07:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Oct 28 2005, 06:03 PM
and reaching 3000 changes what  exactly. I am missing something. I thought you already were posting like a nutcase
<
<
Take that back right now. Other wise I can not be held responsible for my actions...

....ie. eating your parents. [/b]
We ate them at the tangi last week...

Latest posts