• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Zara Phillips - BBC Sports Personality

R

RoyalBlueStuey

What's all that about...how on earth does she win above Clarke? Her achievements were notable (hats off to her) but barely registered...and I daresay she wasn't working in Tesco between training sessions to make end meet like Beth Tweddle was.

strange one, think Cooke had the most outstanding achievement but cycling doesn't get much coverage so no real suprise with that one, am surprised that Tweddle finished third though.

strange one, think Cooke had the most outstanding achievement but cycling doesn't get much coverage so no real suprise with that one, am surprised that Tweddle finished third though.
[/b]

Odd across the board really...

I was pretty relieved Tweddle didn't fall off those bars...Televisual infamy backoned for the poor girl there.

that was a bit too cringeable for my liking, just switched channels while it was on.

that was a bit too cringeable for my liking, just switched channels while it was on.
[/b]

Still it was better than that year they tried to jazz it all up...remember Hazel Irvine dressed up as the woman from The Matrix to do the snooker review?

This year the only problem I had was with the actual awards...the only ones I agreed with was unsung hero and posthumous ones.

SB

there could hardly be any arguments with team of the year and coach of the year?

there could hardly be any arguments with team of the year and coach of the year?
[/b]

Yeah, sorry coach of the year was right.

The team of the year should have been the golfers...Saint Helens did brilliantly but it didn't capture the nations attention like the Ryder Cup did and that's what the thing is all about.

SB

im sorry but calzaghe should have won, hes one of the most dominant boxers of all time, only behind joe louis in my eyes!!

there is that element I suppose, but for me it's about the achievement. Obviously I was glued to the Ryder Cup, bar day 1 and that poxy power cut, damn you ESB, but I'm not bitter, besides I'll be getting the dvd for christmas, anyway getting sidetracked, yeah the Ryder Cup was great but they spanked a weak american team whereas Saints had far more comepition and tricky matches to overcome.

Phil 'The Power' Taylor should of won, has got an outstanding record in Darts, but no-one seem to class Darts as a sport.
Who the **** voted for Zara Philips? Is that the one that does show jumping?
That got to be the worst winner ever.

darts aint a sport, its a drunken pub game for big fat english men and dutch men!!

calzaghe number 1

Saints had far more comepition and tricky matches to overcome.
[/b]

Yeah but who was really truly gripped by it outside St Helens?

It shouldn't be about which small group of people get themselves most organised. That's what happened this year...it makes the whole thing a nonsense.

im sorry but calzaghe should have won, hes one of the most dominant boxers of all time, only behind joe louis in my eyes!!
[/b]

:lol2tn: open the other one

Couldn`t agree more that Clarke should have won out of the short-listed candidates. There were some notable shockers- Phil Taylor WTF?

But I cannot see how Ben Ainslie failed to even be nominated- he`s quite possibly the best Olympic-level sailer of all time, and proved it again this year at the pre-Olympic event in Qingdao, where he proceeded to toy with everyone else. OK, so sailing ain`t exactly everyone`s cup of tea, but the guy is a world-respected legend, the best in the business by a country mile, so how the heck does a darts player and a freaking show-jumper appear on the list of nominees ahead of him remains a mystery to me- after all, even though sailing isn`t a huge sport, I suspect most Englishmen will join in celebrating his undoubted successes at the Olympics in 2 year`s time.

I think people are being harsh on Phil Taylor, the man has won everything there is to win this year, he's not just a beer swilling pie eater either. He deserves his nomination far more than the likes of Button and Panesar.

Agreed on Button and Panesar- Button is all hype, 1 win in 100+ races ain`t exactly threatening any of Schumi`s records. Panesar although destined for greater things is still but a pup- please Duncan Fletcher give him an Ashes game to prove his credentials.

But I can`t see how Taylor can get nominated above Ainslie- sailing is an Olympic sport, requiring extreme fitness, dedication, precision and mental toughness, while darts is just a pub pastime really. It`s not as if Phil Taylor represents everything that`s good about sports now, is it? I reckon it would`ve been a huge slap in the face of any self-respecting sportsman if the world champion pie-eater(uhm, sorry darts player) got this one, while a truly world-class athlete like Ainslie gets nothing.

well Taylor's dedication and talent are certainly admirable qualities which place him above many of those nominated, sure there were probably people who could have been nominated but I don't think at the expense of the Power.

[/b]

Woah Woah Woah There lora, i mean calzaghe was a good fighter, but joe louis barely cracks the top 50 of all time and some dont even have him in the top 70. The best boxer ever was Sugar Ray Robinson, hands down the best ever, calzaghe is good but he's not that good.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Woah Woah Woah There lora, i mean calzaghe was a good fighter, but joe louis barely cracks the top 50 of all time and some dont even have him in the top 70. The best boxer ever was Sugar Ray Robinson, hands down the best ever, calzaghe is good but he's not that good.
[/b][/quote]

I hope your joking

Anyone that doesn't have Joe Louis in their top 10 all time is a dead set moron

He's the most technically flawless heavyweight ever and is widely regarded as the best puncher of all time.

I agree that Sugar Ray is the G.O.A.T , Calzaghe wouldn't come close to making the top 100

90's WBO ***le = :lol:

Latest posts